Ashes Cricket 2013 Key Features Announced

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No. He said it was possible with a bit of imagination.

Right. So long I was thinking about buying both games, now count me out. EA Cricket 2004 had tours. Mind you that was a decade back. I'm sorry Chief, but I have lost hope in Ashes 2013.

sounak_patra

School Cricketer
Right. So long I was thinking about buying both games, now count me out. EA Cricket 2004 had tours. Mind you that was a decade back. I'm sorry Chief, but I have lost hope in Ashes 2013.

True. Those are very basic stuff which everyone expect in the year of 2013.:facepalm... I have lost hope when I get to know there is no career mode.... :noway

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Your choice of course but ultimately it's a "nice to have feature" that is far less important than how the game actually plays.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors

A bit harsh man, sure full tours and career mode would be great but
it's the gameplay that's number one for well most of us.

I have said it before i buy any cricket game and will play them to death.
I'm just hoping this year we turn a corner with cricket games, where
the future looks rosy. Lets hope after 2013 we not asking the same questions
for future cricket games, well maybe screens and trailers.:D

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Your choice of course but ultimately it's a "nice to have feature" that is far less important than how the game actually plays.

Looks like it will be the ol' Microsoft Excel again, to do our own stat tracking with custom tours. You just have to play each individual match and update as you finish each one.

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
I don't think it's any secret that as far as longevity in a game, big ant is winning.
I just can't see (unless chief misunderstands what we're meaning by a tour) how a tour is hard to implement. You can set up a test series so why can't you add a few one day games into the series?

Gurjot95

National Board President
I think the difficulty lies in creating Custom Tours in game created by by USERS. So that's why he said that they would need to test every single type of tours that users could come up with. But how about if the developers can create their own tours and just let us chose our team? That way you can create 4-5 types of tours with 4 Tests, 3 ODI, 2 T20 or 2 Tests, 5 ODI, 1 T20 etc and you can test all you want by limiting the customization. EA 07 did it same way. I think that way it 'shouldn't' be difficult to implement if the developers can limit the users to play only on tours created by developers. Believe me, if this can implemented this to game then I am sure someone would come up an editor to change the format of match, length of tours etc. I hope you get what I mean. We just want to play long tours in game irrespective of whether we can create our owns or not (at least this is better than no tours at all). :)

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Looks like it will be the ol' Microsoft Excel again, to do our own stat tracking with custom tours. You just have to play each individual match and update as you finish each one.

I'm not so sure about that. if you remember there was a "what do you mean by stat tracking?" thread started by Chief. My understanding of the tour structures is that you can play a test series, an ODI series and a T20 series and the game will keep stats for all of them; it just won't lump them together into a "tour".

Based on that I don't see this as a game-breaking issue.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
It hurts my head to think people are writing this game off before they have even seen a screenshot, let alone playing the game.

For the people who are so badly craving this 'tour' mode, tell me why you cant do a 3 test match series, followed by 5 ODI's concluded by 3 20/20 matches.

As far as stats go, you wouldnt want your ODI stats mixed in with your Test stats etc anyway?

So you would have your test series and stats, your ODI series and stats and 20/20 series and stats!

For the life of me I can not see the issue?!

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
It hurts my head to think people are writing this game off before they have even seen a screenshot, let alone playing the game.

For the people who are so badly craving this 'tour' mode, tell me why you cant do a 3 test match series, followed by 5 ODI's concluded by 3 20/20 matches.

As far as stats go, you wouldnt want your ODI stats mixed in with your Test stats etc anyway?

So you would have your test series and stats, your ODI series and stats and 20/20 series and stats!

For the life of me I can not see the issue?!

It probably has to do with losing that stats once he finishes and moves on to the one day games. Some people, after the end of a long tour might wanna look back and check who did how good in the tour. Who did great in tests or bad in one days etc.

Also form comes into play. A person in great form in tests will carry some of it to one days..including confidence. Then there is the issue of fatigue and injury and etc, dependent on whether they are features in this game or not. A tour just gives an overall achievement where you dont feel disconnected from each of the games like you would of you are setting seperate bilateral tournaments for each types of games

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
As long as Ashes 2013 nails gameplay, finer aspects of the game (i.e. plays & misses, proper cricket fields and AI bowling to its field, AI pacing its innings appropriately, sound of the ball hitting the bat is authentic and not like what we had in AC09) are implemented in the game and online gameplay works I am not complaining.

Extensive career mode, tours etc. can be nailed in future iterations as long as they nail the things I mentioned above this time round.

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
As long as Ashes 2013 nails gameplay, finer aspects of the game (i.e. plays & misses, proper cricket fields and AI bowling to its field, AI pacing its innings appropriately, sound of the ball hitting the bat is authentic and not like what we had in AC09) are implemented in the game and online gameplay works I am not complaining.

Extensive career mode, tours etc. can be nailed in future iterations as long as they nail the things I mentioned above this time round.

Exactly why I'm 'very much' looking forward to play the 'future' iterations.

As someone above mentioned it right, it robs me of a great feeling of continuity. I would rather order all my food at once and eat 'em rather than order a variety, eat it, travel back to the restaurant and do the cycle again. As ridiculous as it sounds, its what I feel.

Users who are viewing this thread