Ashes Cricket General Discussion

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi Everyone.

Loving the game overall just wondering if anyone is getting edges to the slips/keeper as it's so rare while batting.

I have tried medium/hard and very hard and green pitch with rain and overcast skies and still very rare.
I love the play and misses in this game but I do feel DBC17 got the edges amount right of the pace bowlers with only the
keeper catching amazing catches being well crap of spinners. In ashes you just play and miss a lot with no fear of the slips.
Brings back memories of DBC14 bowling to be honest.

Now I am getting inside edges that go up in the air and sometimes caught but the only outside edge was off a late cut, nothing off the drives
or defense shots. You do see the pull shot go the wrong way a lot also. I do feel this is something that needs some more tweaks to get right as it was closer
to the right level in DBC17 after all the patches. Thanks Bigant loving the game just this and few bugs plus fixing the stats and we will be close to perfect.

AnkitC

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi Everyone.

Loving the game overall just wondering if anyone is getting edges to the slips/keeper as it's so rare while batting.

I have tried medium/hard and very hard and green pitch with rain and overcast skies and still very rare.
I love the play and misses in this game but I do feel DBC17 got the edges amount right of the pace bowlers with only the
keeper catching amazing catches being well crap of spinners. In ashes you just play and miss a lot with no fear of the slips.
Brings back memories of DBC14 bowling to be honest.

Now I am getting inside edges that go up in the air and sometimes caught but the only outside edge was off a late cut, nothing off the drives
or defense shots. You do see the pull shot go the wrong way a lot also. I do feel this is something that needs some more tweaks to get right as it was closer
to the right level in DBC17 after all the patches. Thanks Bigant loving the game just this and few bugs plus fixing the stats and we will be close to perfect.

I believe edges also depends on Overall Difficulty level. So have you tried Batting Hardest and Legendary?

AnkitC

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@79cricket Also I’d suggest pumping up the pace modifier a bit. That extra zip can make batting difficult. I’m playing 65-75 right now.

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
This could be considered as a bug, since it's a usability issue.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
@79cricket Also I’d suggest pumping up the pace modifier a bit. That extra zip can make batting difficult. I’m playing 65-75 right now.

I play on 56-56 up to 165km so far and I just miss more but I will try this later. I just feel something is wrong as driving in the last game was a risk at the start and you would get edges now and then. I have tried Legend with hard batting and yeah just miss a lot. It's like when you don't push the light stick for foot work but I am. PS I put it on easy last time to see how often I would get a edges as you don't miss the ball much when the game is on easy and I had the one and only edge from a late cut but I get inside edges about the same level as DBC 17 just no french cuts.:p

I don't want to be a pain to Bigant, Hi Ross:wave just I have played a huge amount of there last DBC games and feel something is wrong here but I also understand any tweak is a risk. Just wanted to know other peoples opinions.

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Guys quick questions, I go to community, teams and I get the "best team". But I don't see it when I go play casual. And has the rosters been done yet ?
What you have to do is link them in academy say just go link team choose from custom teams because that where sometimes it goes then choose nz for instance then swap it over in international

IsaacCricketer

Club Captain
What like mate?

[DOUBLEPOST=1511054951][/DOUBLEPOST]
Like? I haven't been able to find enough time to play the game though, but would check if I'm facing the same issues.

Im a huge stats guy, and honestly theres still lots of bugs and issues to do with the stats that just make it so frustrating. The gameplay is brilliant, I love the graphics and the career mode, but the bugs with the stats really do frustrate me. Loving your career mode videos btw keep them going!

IsaacCricketer

Club Captain
My game is constantly crashing? I am trying to add players to international teams, but when selecting them in lineup it crashes and sends me back to the xbox home screen

Radman

School Cricketer
Loving the game but I hope the ai can be adjusted to go for it on the last ball of a game needing 1 - 6 runs. Had two great 5five games but ai blocked the last ball of the game both times in a game winning position.

IDOLMiND

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Hong Kong
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

Played a few online games now, tests with friends etc.... Seems they haven't really fixed any of the glitches from db17. This game is still super glitchy.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    826.9 KB · Views: 29

Users who are viewing this thread