Ashes Cricket General Discussion

gogabutt

Club Captain
@BigAntStudios. Does this game have different weather conditions like cloudy, overcast, rainy etc. Or will it be always sunny condition like dbc17? Weather is so important for test cricket in my opinion.
2nd thing, the striped lawn should be vertical instead of diagonal. Looks very artificial!

Nonetheless you will have my $60 on day 1 release in November.

BittuGamz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Loved the screenshots of the players. Is Photogrammetic technology only for licensed teams or will it be available in the academy to create other players?...Thank you.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
@BigAntStudios. Does this game have different weather conditions like cloudy, overcast, rainy etc. Or will it be always sunny condition like dbc17? Weather is so important for test cricket in my opinion.
2nd thing, the striped lawn should be vertical instead of diagonal. Looks very artificial!

Nonetheless you will have my $60 on day 1 release in November.
It's $79+shipping right?

kulch

Club Captain
Genuine question - what else would you expect a PR piece to say? It's naturally going to promote the game and hype things up.

*all new dynamic weather
* redefined new improved career mode

What they have said instead is what already exists
360 degree shots
Custom play experience
Create a stadium
Online play
Deep career mode take Ur player from club to tests
I want to know whats different apart from the licensed teams and stadiums. If career mode is the same and weather is fine all the time what's the point. DBC17 has that. These are the selling points to buy again IMO

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Just heard about this. No doubt that it looks good but I guess this explains why DBC 17 seems to have been abandoned unfortunately. I'll keep an eye on this, but I definitely learned my lesson about pre-ordering last time round, and DBC 17 is still less than a year old as it is (about six months if you count the time it took to fix half of the problems it was released with), so from a personal point of view, I highly doubt I'll be spending money on another cricket game so soon, when I'm still happy playing my career mode and keeping my academy updated on DBC 17, despite its flaws. If it turns out to be a big step up in some way (apart from visually obviously), then I'll probably pick it up at some point down the line, so I'll keep an ear out for the new features and so on, but I expect for the most part I'll be sticking with DBC 17 for the immediate future. Not sure if that's just going to be me though.

I`m with you on this , and I believe from early exchanges the majority of my South African Online contingent agrees , that we will wait for the release , and first double check that all the glaring Online issues has been fixed , before jumping on the bandwagon and buying.

For us online folks that solely play with Custom teams , the Ashes licenced factor (with bloody amazing lifelike players) unfortunately doesnt count for much in our setup , gameplay is king and will be the determining factor , along with fixing all the well known Online Glitches .

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
*all new dynamic weather

360 degree shots
Custom play experience
Create a stadium
Online play
I want to know whats different apart from the licensed teams and stadiums. If career mode is the same and weather is fine all the time what's the point. DBC17 has that. These are the selling points to buy again IMO
Let's wait for full announcement. Hope these are highlighted in their scheduled PR campaign with adequate videos and posters

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
*all new dynamic weather

360 degree shots
Custom play experience
Create a stadium
Online play

I would imagine a successful campaign would look to announce 'new' features over time to progressively build interest for an upcoming release.

Announce everything in the first press release, then what's left?

D

Deleted member 46200

*all new dynamic weather

360 degree shots
Custom play experience
Create a stadium
Online play
Depends on the size of the press release and if publishers are using all the information as they don't have to we can expect more details to come soon... Patience all![DOUBLEPOST=1505892309][/DOUBLEPOST]
I would imagine a successful campaign would look to announce 'new' features over time to progressively build interest for an upcoming release.

Announce everything in the first press release, then what's left?
Good PR, tempt them in, the imortant tag was the Ashes then reveal more if they said, 'A new cricket game from Big ant' the response would have been smaller.

Culmernation

Associate Cricketer
*all new dynamic weather

360 degree shots
Custom play experience
Create a stadium
Online play

The thing is these are the key features of DBC17 and as much as everyone on this website knows about that game in fact the reach of that game was relatively small compared to other sports titles.

These are the features that are designed to draw in the average gamer. Hopefully over the next few weeks all of the Dbc veterans will then be satisfied. If it was going to be the same features we'd all see before I doubt they would need a press release schedule.

There is also no ruling out that these key features that they mention could be greatly improved from DBC17. We just don't know.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
It's the perfect PR campaign for me - nothing better than having a finished product before you start to talk about it. A reveal 2 months out is just about perfect so that you can just drip feed the details.

This is what comes of being an independent and being allowed to break from the normal "video games rules". It's soooo much better.

BRAB

International Coach
I'm not sure if bigant meant for this to happen but the videos of Maxwell and Smith impersonating each other whilst doing the mocap for the game are getting plenty of airtime.

Probably the most coverage I've seen for a cricket game in ages.

Dannyburke

Club Captain
Congrats on developing the Ashes game @BigAntStudios !!! One quick question for you or @MattW - will the game be released digitally on psn in North America? Don't want to go down the path of importing the game from Europe and waiting weeks for it to arrive.

Would be nice to know this. I imagine so after last time although this time I will not be preordering. I will be waiting to see the fall out.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Congrats on developing the Ashes game @BigAntStudios !!! One quick question for you or @MattW - will the game be released digitally on psn in North America? Don't want to go down the path of importing the game from Europe and waiting weeks for it to arrive.

It will be digital everywhere that the PS/Xbox stores are available on day one.

Physical copies are confirmed for UK, Australia, NZ - other nations TBA.

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Since I'm mostly a career mode player I'll give my hopes for some new features in the next game. Other than obvious things like "fix stats" and "fix having to choose your lineup 5 times in a row for one match" (yes this happened to me) of course.

-Ability to change teams. Preferably with a system where you're offered money contracts at the start of each new season. The money doesn't have to have any effect on gameplay but it would be cool to decide if you're going to pick your favourite team, the one that would give you the best chance of winning, or just try to make the most cash. Maybe having a running counter of "money earned in career" just for fun.

-Fatigue/injury mechanic. I know some people wouldn't like this so probably allow people to turn it off and I also wouldn't want it to be so harsh you get injured all the time. But it would be a neat thing for me to have to manage your playing time a bit rather than just playing in every game in every league.

-Fielding "moments" where you have to drop in from simulating to take a catch/enact a run-out. Currently I avoid playing pure batsmen because that's half the match where you're basically watching the scoreboard as it simulates. I'd love to play a WK to take some screamers and enact some stumpings.

-Ability to hit the gym with our career points so we don't get completely gassed after bowling 5 overs. :p

-Skills/fitness degrade if you don't put points in them constantly, eg. a bowling all-rounder who focuses purely on his bowling for a few weeks will see his batting skills degrade or a star batsman who doesn't work on his fitness will become lazy and slow in the field ;). Again not too harsh to start with but maybe later on in the career skills degrade faster to simulate an aging player losing their touch.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
It will be digital everywhere that the PS/Xbox stores are available on day one.

Physical copies are confirmed for UK, Australia, NZ - other nations TBA.
Will it follow the same sort of build-up with the academy/nets being added incrementally on Steam as DBC 17? Or will console users get a chance before launch too?

Users who are viewing this thread