Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Kass D

County Cricketer
I hope the cutters will not move as much its moving right now spacially when the ball is new. Maybe on a dry or Dusty wicket and after about 40overs, its alright to move as much.

Last edited:

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
I hope the cutters will not move as much its moving right now spacially when the ball in new. Maybe on a dry or Dusty wicket and after about 40overs, its alright to move as much.
U need to think not everything can be possible and a reality not every second detail can to be added

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
I hope the cutters will not move as much its moving right now spacially when the ball is new. Maybe on a dry or Dusty wicket and after about 40overs, its alright to move as much.

Just turn down the cutter movement in your sliders if it bothers you. I personally think they move too much already in the base game so that's what I've done.

Kass D

County Cricketer
Just turn down the cutter movement in your sliders if it bothers you. I personally think they move too much already in the base game so that's what I've done.
Yes but as they are doing some tweaking i think that would be a good tweak don't you think. And conditions needs to play a role in how the ball behaves as well

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's better BigAnt to give at least the schedule or road map what they are presently fixing and by when to release the patch either March end or April. I have been buying BA games for a long time and will buy in the future also. It's just a kind of frustration among people that no patch for almost 3 months and even not exact time to expect for that .

passarapin

Associate Captain
AUS..
Gees, what's happened to this place.
Such a total different vibe to the dbc 14 days.
I honestly do see points from both sides of the fence.
I do feel somewhat disappointed with the ashes patching schedule to date, but i also don't think so much negativity and vitriol is required.
At the end of the day it's a video game.
It'l never be perfect.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
It's better BigAnt to give at least the schedule or road map what they are presently fixing and by when to release the patch either March end or April. I have been buying BA games for a long time and will buy in the future also. It's just a kind of frustration among people that no patch for almost 3 months and even not exact time to expect for that .
This is a request from customers side. Totally agree, waiting for a patch to play the game again is a bit frustrating. But the reason I feel why @BigAntStudios is not letting any date and bug fix details of future patches is that
1. Expectations from our end tends to be high towards the patch and if the patch released has some bugs some forum users tend to criticise.
2. All that is mentioned bug fixes can’t be guaranteed to be fixed in the next patch, since the fixing one bug can mess up with others (already mentioned by @MattW/Ross inbthe forums)
3. If BA release what all they are planning to fix, there will be list put forward by the some of the forum users to add into their fix list.
4. Patch release date puts pressure of deadline, we are not sure of their team size

I think no developers tend to share their details of patches beforehand to the customers (as far as I know).
So it’s nothing new from BA.

.Jambo.

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Great job by the beta team, everything I’ve read sounds like the kind of game I will eventually pick up, depending on one thing; are the career stats fixed up? I’ve seen conflicting reports on this and if it was finally fixed up, I’d be a happy boy.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Your telling me....

In all your years of this career of yours, you haven’t faced a ball that’s has seamed and pitches middle and missed off?

Because I have, just in club cricket on a shitty grass pitch..

So it happens.

Saying... two much seam isn’t constructive feedback.

I disagree Wealeyh

Just as you guys have hopefully found out with Cutters moving too much , seam also moves too much.

This Mantra of "Every Ball is a highlight" , where every ball can do maximum seam or Cut is not realistic.

Yes , that seam is possible , but how regular do you see that.

Point is , currently every Tom Dick and Harry can seam the ball more than some spinners get spin extracted from the pitch.

It needs to be the exception , not the stock ball.

PS. Great work on the Beta Testing

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I think it's mostly just a kind of natural development process. Pace bowling in DB14 was awful but spin was overpowered. A lot of work has been done to make pace bowling fun and intuitive, but maybe too much was taken away from spinners.

Thieves

Club Captain
Rapid patches are new, they were not around for titles of last year. AO has had almost a patch a week because of this implementation.

Ashes came out last year and does not conform to the criteria for rapid patches.

Responding to others, I answered the post because I received a notification, nothing more, and I'll call bullshit when I see it. Planet Cricket was a place I frequented outside of my role at BA, it's was a fun place to visit and have reasonable conversation, that has not been the case here for a long time (years) - it's just not what it was. However, far from abandoning the good people that are here on the site, I pay people at BA to be in here and in the Beta group in my stead.

Most of the Beta group are awesome, of course we are indebted to them.
HEY ROSS, GREAT TO HAVE YOU BACK HERE... YOU'RE AWESOME. KEEP ROCKING OUT GREAT SPORTS GAMES !!!!!

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I disagree Wealeyh

Just as you guys have hopefully found out with Cutters moving too much , seam also moves too much.

This Mantra of "Every Ball is a highlight" , where every ball can do maximum seam or Cut is not realistic.

Yes , that seam is possible , but how regular do you see that.

Point is , currently every Tom Dick and Harry can seam the ball more than some spinners get spin extracted from the pitch.

It needs to be the exception , not the stock ball.

PS. Great work on the Beta Testing

That’s what I said?? This is also my point about to many crap posts inbetween good ones.

I said you want that odd one on the right pitch to go and leave you sat there knowing there was nothing you could do.

Kass D

County Cricketer
That’s what I said?? This is also my point about to many crap posts inbetween good ones.

I said you want that odd one on the right pitch to go and leave you sat there knowing there was nothing you could do.
Oh dear god.

I wonder what part of seam too much you dont get. I didnt have any problem with it seaming but pitching in middle and missing 2sets of wickets was not realistic. I know with little cricket i have played for about 12 yrs am sure you have played lot more. Maybe without jumping up and down at every post i post its better of you read it first

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Oh dear god.

I wonder what part of seam too much you dont get. I didnt have any problem with it seaming but pitching in middle and missing 2sets of wickets was not realistic. I know with little cricket i have played for about 12 yrs am sure you have played lot more. Maybe without jumping up and down at every post i post its better of you read it first

This wasn’t a reply to you and it was agreeing to the post Acid sent to me...

Once again, your irritating as ever...

Users who are viewing this thread