OTHER Big Ant Studios Lacrosse - PlayStation3, Xbox360, PC

Dead or alive beach volleyball - great anatomical physics....

Dead or alive beach volleyball - great anatomical physics....

Ummm.. wow.. uhhh.. WOW..

I actually felt embarised watching a post on youtube with the opening scene from the game.

Serious question though.. did you play it? Was the volleyball sections of the game actually decent? That's if, of course, your keyboard/controller was still working from all the drool..

Then there was, apparently, the code that made the bikini's transparent....

Then there was, apparently, the code that made the bikini's transparent....

I read that there was a hoax that there was a cheat to remove the clothes.. but then there was a group that released textures that you could change that would give you.. uh... 'all that and more'..

:facepalm

I can't believe I just said that..

It wasn't a hoax.

It wasn't a hoax.

In the April 2003 edition (issue #165) of the videogame publication Electronic Gaming Monthly, the magazine revealed a "nude code" for DOAXBV, as an April Fools' Day joke. The magazine promised readers they could play the game with the girls topless, in an unlockable nude mode. Upon discovering the nude code was a hoax, many readers sent angry letters to the magazine, despite the fact that such jokes and hoaxes were an annual tradition for EGM. In 2006, GamesRadar ranked gravure scenes of DOAX to be one of the 100 greatest gaming moment in history.[4] In 2011, FHM included on the list of six games "that shamelessly used sex to sell".[5]

Shortly after the game's launch, a community of hobbyist hackers reverse engineered Dead or Alive Extreme Volleyball texture system, allowing users to modify textures of the player character models. This quickly led to users replacing the already revealing swimsuits with high detailed nude textures include genitalia and pubic hair for all in game characters. This resulted in fully nude anatomically correct female characters that would lounge about and play volleyball with full breast and buttocks physics intact. In January 2005 ninjahacker.net was taken to court by Tecmo for breaching the Digital Millennium Copyright Act by reverse engineering aspects of the game, as well as Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive 2. The company was seeking between $1,000 and $10,000 for every skin swapped over the community website.[6]

Are you saying Wikipedia lied to me???

Uh.. ok.. enough off-topicdness..

Mike Fegan walked into a bar, Chris Gayle knocked his block off.. the end.

The second attempt at this on IndieGoGo has been funded - https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/lacrosse-video-game-for-playstation-xbox-and-pc

Not that I have any interest in Lacrosse, but I went with a PC preorder anyway just to see what the end result will be like - more niche sports games has to be a good thing.

Screenshots look very different from the ones on the Kickstarter and the funding target was much lower, though Big Ant are still mentioned.

Look forward to seeing the finished product.

Funnily enough I was watching Australia v USA on foxtel today.
Played briefly in high school, I may well be interested in trying this.

The second attempt at this on IndieGoGo has been funded - https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/lacrosse-video-game-for-playstation-xbox-and-pc

Not that I have any interest in Lacrosse, but I went with a PC preorder anyway just to see what the end result will be like - more niche sports games has to be a good thing.

Screenshots look very different from the ones on the Kickstarter and the funding target was much lower, though Big Ant are still mentioned.

Look forward to seeing the finished product.

They *are* mentioned, but with nothing like the prominence of the previous one. Which is odd. I don't think they can be involved any more:
"We've been working on a 10v10 mobile lacrosse video game for the past year and plan on releasing the game on iOS and Android in the next few months. With your contribution, we will be able to take our mobile code base and add the following:
- Xbox 360/One, PlayStation 3/4, and PC publishing (dependent upon stretch goals)"

They're not saying that they are building it with the Big Ant engine any more (although I suspect that they may be using them to publish it, which is hinted at in there)

I can only think that this is the reason that they're now only asking for a third of what they were originally (which wasn't nearly enough to make the game anyway!) - I think that they must have external funding and this is just a top-up campaign to try and squeeze some pre-orders, but without seeing any sort of budgeting, which they haven't offered, it's hard to assess.

I would've flicked em $20 if I had known about it? Am I too late? Niche sports need to be supported in the gaming world...

I would've flicked em $20 if I had known about it? Am I too late? Niche sports need to be supported in the gaming world...
Nope, still a bit under two days left - there's a stretch goal at 115k for PS4/Xbone support.

I'm all for new niche sports games, but I think lacrosse may not be for me - I've never played or watched it so would have no idea what to do... I'm absolutely hopeless when I've tried to play demos of NBA 2K, Madden, NHL etc...

But who knows, if it's a quality game then I may buy it and try to get into it anyway.

I'm all for new niche sports games, but I think lacrosse may not be for me - I've never played or watched it so would have no idea what to do... I'm absolutely hopeless when I've tried to play demos of NBA 2K, Madden, NHL etc...

But who knows, if it's a quality game then I may buy it and try to get into it anyway.
Madden's fantastic fun. Although I am quite shit as a QB. Guaranteed to throw a pick per game.

Madden's fantastic fun. Although I am quite shit as a QB. Guaranteed to throw a pick per game.
I don't even know what 'throw a pick' means and I never know the majority of the rules so I'm puzzled as to why the game keeps breaking up and have no idea about the tactics/norms... In NBA 2K when I don't have the ball I'm just hopelessly running and jumping around and fouling everyone. It's probably quite simple to learn the basic rules of these games and become slightly competent, but I've never really sat down and tried to get my head around them.

I suppose most Americans are like this with football/cricket/rugby etc.

Users who are viewing this thread