BLC Help - Noone is Helping

K

killa_stiky2002

[color=#000000:post_uid3]When ever I install BLC, when it is almost done it gives me this error:

Component Move Data had following error
Media Name: Data
Component: Texture
File Group: Texture
File: D:Programs
etsPracticetmdPTWICK.TMD
Error No. -113

And installation quits. I really love BLC regardless of its age. Please help. Moderators please don't move this topic to the BLC forum because there is no help there either :o[/color]

S

sonic

lisle, i get that message too. Unofrtunately BLC is not made to work on the wondows XP operating system. Their are various exe's which apparently solve the problem, zim told me one, but it didn't work, so i gave up. Even the codemasters web site is not very helpful, the only help they give is to tell you it won't work on XP. So, how can you play BLC on XP? Well, put simply you can't until codemasters release a new version that supports it. Sorry mate! /d/

ritwikgames

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
<span style='color:#000000:post_uid0'>Well countless people have been able to play BLC on WindowsXP, you can check the complete procedure for running it in the BLC/SWC Main Forum, look for the topic named "Running BLC on WindowsXP" by me.
Good Luck :;):</span>

S

sonic

ritwik - that was the very FIRST place i went for help, even before the codemasters website but i still get installation errors at 92%. I've given up all hope of being able to get the #### thing running

ritwikgames

International Cricketer
<span style='color:#000000:post_uid0'>Sonic, do you have the "sold out" version of BLC ? If so, then you are in trouble as no one has yet been able to make the sold out edition work with XP.</span>

K

killa_stiky2002

I have the Sold Out version also. :o :angry: ??? :but///: 00Wow

S

sonic

<span style='color:#000000:post_uid0'>ritwik i do indeed have the sold out version :( these codemasters chumps are a bunch of plums. it really isnt asking too much for them to re-release a fully compatible XP version is it? :angry: what p.isses me off the most is that when you try to install this game afterwards you can link to the "support" section on the internet...all that does is say "oh sorry this version isn't compatible with XP". some f.ucking help that is. I'm not happy, if i had known this i would never have given away my old pentium III :angry:</span>

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I have the sold out version. I have a friend who has the original though. Would I be able to install off the original and run it off the sold out version?

ritwikgames

International Cricketer
<span style='color:#000000:post_uid0'>Yeah that would be worth a try. Install the original version using the procedure I have given in the "BLC on WindowsXP" topic on the BLC/SWC Main forum, after installing try to run it using the cd of the sold out version. Please report any success or failure here !</span>

K

killa_stiky2002

where in the world am I going to get the original now

ritwikgames

International Cricketer
Maybe you can barter it with somebody who has windows 98/ME for the original BLC ?
Or you can auction it on sites like ebay and get a new original copy instead.

Users who are viewing this thread