Complete Linked / Skilled/Attributed teams **DOWNLOAD STEPS INCLUDED** - check 1st post for list

far be it from me to defend the aussies, but you're overlooking that for various reasons the squad in india is missing some seriously good bowlers, who are in the CA roster and therefore bring up their bowling score.

also, the rating is about the whole squad - those are very good bowlers you've mentioned for pakistan, but how good are the backup/rest of the squad?

i can't claim to be an expert in every team in the world and their fringe players especially, but i am happy that the ratings broadly reflect what most neutrals would agree are the relative strengths of the teams at the moment - certainly in test cricket, which is what i care about the most! :) i am certain, however, that there are plenty of individuals i have got wrong, some horrendously so. but the great thing about CA is once downloaded you can change anything you want.

i'm also reasonably content that being 4 pages in before anyone quibbles with the ratings is a fairly good indication i didn't get it too far off at the squad level!

Hi thanks for replying, my bad i guess we can edit it later.. i should be thanking you guys because you did so much work

Blocker how are you determining the attributes for the players? I am downloading my own players and trying to set attributes, what things are you taking into accounts?

Well some of it is random in all fairness, especially if i don't know much about a player.

But generally i work on a famous guy and put others relative to that.

E.g. If you remember throw accuracy matches bowling accuracy too, so glenn mcgrath gets that maxed out, mitchell johnson low (though it's a shortcoming of their system, since in fielding johnson is very accurate, but i think we'll notice in bowling more).

Arm speed, again i assume that will be both for throwing in the outfield, and bowling, so larwood, marshall, lillee, etc. get high/maxed out arm speed.

If i know a guy is a good keeper/slip fielder, then catching, agility, anticipation should be high... Stuff like that.

If a guy can bowl long spells as a seamer, anaerobic fitness should be high (e.g siddle pretty much maxed out...)

Lot of guesswork really. Especially as we don't know how it will relate to gameplay - we might have to do a lot of tweaking!!

Anyone need help with skills/attributes for Worcestershire? Sadly, I don't have CA (have a Mac and begrudge paying for Windows and to upgrade my graphics card just to have it), but if someone could forward me the list of skills I would happily oblige.

If you wanna PM me a list of strengths and weakness's the players have in the format (out of 10):

Batsmen: Offside/Onside/Aggressiveness/ClassicalTechnique/FrontFoot/BackFoot
Seamers: Outswing/Inswing/Pace/SlowerBall/Cutters
Spinners: StockTurn/WrongunTurn/Drift/Flight

These aren't the stats/attributes but I can draw all the conclusions I need from these.

To make it simpler, judge them out of 10 relatively, i.e. if Moeen Ali has the best technique, give him a 10, I'll be adjusting all stats to be relative to the other teams anyway.

This goes for any other county fans who have a more detailed knowledge for their club players. Otherwise I'll be giving them a more generic set of stats.

If you wanna PM me a list of strengths and weakness's the players have in the format (out of 10):

Batsmen: Offside/Onside/Aggressiveness/ClassicalTechnique/FrontFoot/BackFoot
Seamers: Outswing/Inswing/Pace/SlowerBall/Cutters
Spinners: StockTurn/WrongunTurn/Drift/Flight

These aren't the stats/attributes but I can draw all the conclusions I need from these.

To make it simpler, judge them out of 10 relatively, i.e. if Moeen Ali has the best technique, give him a 10, I'll be adjusting all stats to be relative to the other teams anyway.

This goes for any other county fans who have a more detailed knowledge for their club players. Otherwise I'll be giving them a more generic set of stats.

I've done it for the current squad, but as I don't know who's actually in the squad there may be some I've not done (as a few players have just been released). I'll PM it to you now.

Monkey, out of interest how are you doing it? Are you trying to get the helmet up to a rating that reflects the player, or trying to be realistic in terms of deliveries? E.g. Would you set swann as a 3 spinner with high everything but no doosra, or try to get him to a 5 even though it means guving him high scores on deliveries he doesn't bowl?

Just want to get it consistent with what you've down for the county teams in order to have my internationals and your counties complement each other.

I have a lot of other teams prepared and linked and ready to skill and share, in the absence of any of other info from BA just wondered what your approach has been?

I've focused more on individual abilities which I know of rather than ratings. With the addition of drift and flight and the smushing together of the different deliveries dependent on bowling style it doesn't lower the ratings too much if you just leave off the doosra. Swann ends up being close to Ajmal anyway as he has higher ratings for drift/flight/off-break turn which makes up for the shortfall in not having a doosra like Ajmal.

Balancing between bowler/all-rounder/batsman is trickier.

Cool. I think they look pretty balanced so far. The international players have quite a bit of a stat boost (80-100% of the bars) compared to the normal county players (50-80%, depending on ability), which I hope will make them more important during games.

Users who are viewing this thread