Console Patch 3 Release?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
though i would say BA hit the sweet spot with AI batting vs human bowling in that custom online diff that was available for a few weeks before all the difficulties were added to co op! there was something different in that one compared to the other options!
Yeah absolutely right...We both had some great co-op matches before the difficulty got in..So many realistic edges, great AI running and a competitive score by AI...Then came the experience destroyer in form of difficulty addition, and the stop sign for edges....

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Thanks for the Proper Feedback mate . For me the move to PS4 will happen once it becomes much more affordable . With our Countries exchange going the way its going , I dont see this happening fast .

Maybe the next DBC will be the tipping point for me to make the jump.

Makes sense. I was able to upgrade to PS4 this year coz I got a good deal over the Thanksgiving (Black Friday) else I would've waited another year and probably would've upgraded when the next version of DBC or Madden came out.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
though i would say BA hit the sweet spot with AI batting vs human bowling in that custom online diff that was available for a few weeks before all the difficulties were added to co op! there was something different in that one compared to the other options!

Yeah absolutely right...We both had some great co-op matches before the difficulty got in..So many realistic edges, great AI running and a competitive score by AI...Then came the experience destroyer in form of difficulty addition, and the stop sign for edges....

Has the default online difficulty changed after the patch? If yes, is it a 'pre-selected' one for head-to-head (1 vs 1) or you have to choose the difficulty level? Is this for both 1 vs 1 online matches and co-op or only limited to online co-op ones?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Has the default online difficulty changed after the patch? If yes, is it a 'pre-selected' one for head-to-head (1 vs 1) or you have to choose the difficulty level? Is this for both 1 vs 1 online matches and co-op or only limited to online co-op ones?
Yeah it is made for both co-op and 1vs1...

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Thanks for the Proper Feedback mate . For me the move to PS4 will happen once it becomes much more affordable . With our Countries exchange going the way its going , I dont see this happening fast .

Maybe the next DBC will be the tipping point for me to make the jump.

Another couple of things I forgot to mention about the PS4 version... the batting seems slightly easier on PS4 compared to PS3, and it never rains on PS4. It definitely looks like the PS3 and PS4 versions are slightly different.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Another couple of things I forgot to mention about the PS4 version... the batting seems slightly easier on PS4 compared to PS3, and it never rains on PS4. It definitely looks like the PS3 and PS4 versions are slightly different.

I played it on ps4 only once but I could tell there was a huge difference. Everything felt a lot more polished on ps4 including the animation, whether it was batting bowling or fielding. To give an example, I noticed on ps4 fielders in the boundary did some spectacular saves like jumping sideways , catching and throwing the ball inside to save a four a few times, which for whatever reason I haven't seen in ps3 yet. It looked super cool on ps4 when it happened (multiple times). Maybe it's on ps3 too big I haven't seen it yet as I have tried to do it repeatedly with fielders but the just let the ball pass.

mazd

International Cricketer
Did anybody else notice the decrease in number of edges after the update (patch3). Been playing for a while now without a single edge from the AI batsmen.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Did anybody else notice the decrease in number of edges after the update (patch3). Been playing for a while now without a single edge from the AI batsmen.

It wasn't as if AI was edging the ball all over the place before the patch.

FNK

Club Captain
PS4 patch 3? Ross you there... Ross

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
On the PS3 against human players , the "Normal" edges to the Keeper seems the same , based on my limited 5 match experience so far .
The one that seemed to have vanished is the edge to gully , which seems to have been replaced by the Splendid Square Drive.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
On the PS3 against human players , the "Normal" edges to the Keeper seems the same , based on my limited 5 match experience so far .
The one that seemed to have vanished is the edge to gully , which seems to have been replaced by the Splendid Square Drive.

The square drive is pretty awesome, if just a little too successful. I haven't had enough experience yet to be really definite and have also been playing only other humans in shortish games for now, but so far there haven't been as many edges. There has been a lot more catch opportunities in different places and more aggressive diving animations that I've seen, which has been interesting and good from what I can tell, but the jogging fielders and the super-ish sprinting ones still seem to be there (playing on semi-assisted fielding)

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Square drive edge probability is only marginally higher than the AI's General edge probability: it's certainly over powered but nevertheless a fine addition to fix what was quite a surprising omission

grkrama

National Board President
i wud rather it stayed over powered than being being underpowered or super edgy as it is easy to not play it than not being able to play it, i only play these square drive for the too wide balls, sort of makes up for the lack of straight drives or may be not!

Users who are viewing this thread