Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Also not sure how it happened, but I observed something really interesting which I simply have NEVER seen before in any cricket game, BA or otherwise. Namely genuine variation in AI opponents.

Have a look at these pitch maps from the West Indies Seamers:

Not a huge difference between Clarke and Moseley, though Moseley probably bowled fuller in general, but have a look at Stephenson...

In both inns he bowled almost exclusively wide on the crease, well wide of off stump but here's the thing - they were mostly big booming in-swingers and off cutters, difficult to play and hard to judge which to leave and which not. He got me bowled a few times where I left ones that cut in more and didn't bounce as much. I don't know it was a total glitch, or something to do with his stats/perks and trying to exploit the grassy pitch, but it was genuinely brilliant to know when he came on I was going to face something markedly different to the other bowlers, and still challenging.
Thats great to see - different bowlers actually bowling to different plans, its something i thought i had noticed too.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
No, it's there. I played a couple of matches in England and I did see clouds getting darker. Not rain but it was dark. The next morning was a bit bright but as the day progressed, it got darker.

This was during a county test.

Thats auto then what about a manual selection in an exhibition match. Its too basic feature. Players should have an option of selecting an overcast or cloudy weather and that too without Rain. Maybe, Rain option would do it manually

Sweppy12

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Not really sure, I get it on steam personally. There's not much difference between the two. A separate academy only download will come to steam eventually as per a tweet from Ross. If you want some online action, console might be better though (larger player count) but don't quote me on that.
Not interested in online play, just unsure as have played all previous games on ps4 pro and frame rate has always been a bit rough

Sweppy12

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
PS5, Dual sense controller is biggest advantage over PC. And also game loading in 5 seconds in any mode. PS5 is a beast.
Does the game make use of the haptic triggers?
Would be using the ps5 controller on pc anyways, but fast game loading sounds like a plus for ps5

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'll say one thing, can't believe I didn't notice it earlier. Now that I'm playing for Victoria, well debuting soon, the nets are a bit more immersive now. Felt weird playing club cricket yet training in Vic uniforms so never bothered with it until now.

The gameplay and ball physics are way better, to be honest it feels like the day 0 release candidate of the game. I hope there is a way to transpose that into the main gameplay matches. I'll post a video tomorrow comparing the two.

caprikaps

Club Captain
f
Not interested in online play, just unsure as have played all previous games on ps4 pro and frame rate has always been a bit rough
Besides the game being beautiful on ps5, frame rate is still an issue in all the evening/night games. Not sure how can the graphics go backwards?

rkishore1986

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
PS5, Dual sense controller is biggest advantage over PC. And also game loading in 5 seconds in any mode. PS5 is a beast.
I am playing on ps5 never had the controller to vibrate. Is there any setting I am missing please advice mate

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Does the game make use of the haptic triggers?
Would be using the ps5 controller on pc anyways, but fast game loading sounds like a plus for ps5
Haptics doesn't work on PC with a PS5 controller. I do have one though and vibrations are more prominent than the ps4 controller.

Abcd9994

Club Captain
What's wrong with batting?
Aggressive shots through off side (starting from cover point to straight) have some elevation problem- leg side is okay

Attacking shots- some problem with finding the gap on off side between cover and point when facing pace bowlers.

Sometimes drives and square cuts (attacking shots without any trigger) seem to lack power inspite of good/ ideal timing.

The bowling just seems to be a bit too slow by default, although this has workaround using the sliders.

Yeah that's about it I guess. I could quote AI bowling and field setting but that's an AI problem, not the batting mechanics

Users who are viewing this thread