Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Any ideas what was in yesterday’s 1.28 patch other than our old friend stability improvements ?

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
A description for both Batting & Bowling mentalities in Player creator would be nice, we can understand a wee bit , but what clearly would be the difference between say an Aggressive & Brute mentality is obscure.

Since I'm reskilling all players to match their real world likenesses, it'd be really helpful to understand about these intricacies.

Like for example, from what I experienced, a precise mentality bowler constantly challenges the batsman in & around the 4th stump consistently,
whereas a conservative bowler bowls those hard lengths outside off more to reduce the scoring rate..

Rahul Rants

School Cricketer
I found a way to make it work while they fix it. You can edit an international team (choose a really low rated team) to include the downloaded players in to that squad. Then you can play as a star player in that amended squad.
Thanks but still not ideal right.
I have the 2003 WC India and Australia team so would love to play as Virender Sehwag in a recreated 2003 world cup tournament with the correct jerseys and stuff.
Alas!

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Anyone noticed that in The Hundred most of the teams in simulated matches only lose 2 or 3 wicket? At least 90% of them. This reduces your batters chances of getting top of the list with runs scored.Yet again I call this poor scripting. Sorry Big Ant but you just won’t get it right. Even after 100 patches there will be something that spoils gameplay. Also they still haven’t fixed the aggressive grounded shots. Another week and another week is how we gonna go. 8 hours of gameplay in 7 days is the rate I’m going at because of the state of the game. Good job thanks BA.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Is everyone else still finding the timing window for catches behind the wicket ridiculously short, if it comes up at all?

PS4 today. Slip catch (Stood up) off pace, I was provided no input. Catch was held. Catch at slip off spinner (Stood normal), circle came up with enough time to catch (On Hard).

Small sample size and I’ve certainly had the odd ‘no chance’ chance prior to latest couple of patches.

azkhan

Associate Captain
Right now that will be doing standard swaps, so swapping a group A/B team will replace their same position. I will find out if there's a way to make that clearer - but as it's based on a fixture it's deliberately not randomised to ensure that by default it plays out as expected.

@MattW

Thanks for your reply Matt. I think I get what you are saying as this is what I thought when I saw the team selection screen, if I swap a team the new team will be in its place, e.g. swapping Australia with Canada would mean Canada would be in Australia's place in the group. I can confirm that this is not happening. If you could get that working, that would be great as we can then sort the groups how we want.

Last edited:

Mondy

Club Captain
As said above, the pad bat smash made DBC17 unplayable, especially if you were bowling spin. So the lack of “scripting” with DBC17 is meaningless when it was so easy to get a batsman out.

I do think that Cricket 22 with its many, many flaws is a better product. But it does my head in that after four versions of this game when the ball strikes the batsman it has no effect.

Users who are viewing this thread