Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

azkhan

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just noticed that some runs I make are not being registered, clearly the ball hit the bat. Also had a catch not registered, and it was a lovely catch lol. On ps4, anyone else noticed this? Thanks.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Just noticed that some runs I make are not being registered, clearly the ball hit the bat. Also had a catch not registered, and it was a lovely catch lol. On ps4, anyone else noticed this? Thanks.

Catches not being registered has been acknowledged by BA. I had one example a few days ago. The runs thing has been mentioned on here once or twice.

Would’ve hoped the large patch (Or hot fix) that came after Wednesday’s patch would’ve fixed these issues… but I guess not!

azkhan

Associate Captain
Catches not being registered has been acknowledged by BA. I had one example a few days ago. The runs thing has been mentioned on here once or twice.

Would’ve hoped the large patch (Or hot fix) that came after Wednesday’s patch would’ve fixed these issues… but I guess not!
Thanks @Silly Point Let me check again with the new hot fix patch. Can't remember if I played before or after the newest fix. :thumbs

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Editing licensed player's mentality and batting/bowling style resets itself on every launch, seems to work for community downloaded teams.

Say I change a player's mentality from Aggressive to balanced & change his style from 1 to 2, on rebooting the game it just resets to the former aggressive, style 1 instead of the modified values.

Is this supposed to be like this, if so at least can we have the option for changing mentalities..

bilalmalik79

Club Cricketer
The one on the left is the template. The heat one is an example of how to layout the uniform. Don't ask me how to do it, I have no idea but that is the template.
Great but if I make it on the basis of it , how to upload jn game , I mean format ? Is it in logo creator with svg file ? Where to find this info

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Look at the averages and strike rates of of bowlers in England T20 slam. The balancing needs to happen specially when playing in green and overcast conditions.

In the 44 matches played in the tournament so far. 38 have been won by team batting second.

It's in career mode.
View attachment 263919

This actually brings back memories of possibly even DBC14 where the best bowlers generally averaged 40+!

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Having been engrossed in a Test match (Defeating Malaysia by an innings if you must know! Amar Virdi in the wickets on debut, John Simpson top scoring!), I just played a white-ball game for the first time (LOST TO KENYA! Well bowled Arron Nijjar, less so Tymal Mills!) since the introduction of pyrotechnics. Playing a D/N game, I’ve got to say that they looked really great on first sight. They’re just one of those things that enhance the authenticity.

cricboi

Club Captain
Returned to Career Mode today and had a few issues that made the bowling quite frustrating. The biggest one is that my player wont pick up balls hit to him or dive for caught and bowled anymore. I'm not expecting him to be spiderman like before, but in many cases he literally runs over a very slow ball or refuses to make a play at pop ups near by. I've also found that fielders within the circle do not react to balls hit higher up in the air. I tested this by bowling about 10 overs straight off bouncers (different seam variations too) and each and every one fell just a few inches short of a fielder regardless where I placed them or even worse, fell with no one running to take it. The other issue (which I know others have documented) is that opposition batters will play attacking shots at basically every ball, which is nice for ODI but strange when a team is down 30/4 in the first innings of a test.

Other than that, I've enjoyed the batting in career mode but it's a shame the bowling (which to me, is always a bit more fun) is becoming a bit too frustrating to stick with.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Returned to Career Mode today and had a few issues that made the bowling quite frustrating. The biggest one is that my player wont pick up balls hit to him or dive for caught and bowled anymore. I'm not expecting him to be spiderman like before, but in many cases he literally runs over a very slow ball or refuses to make a play at pop ups near by. I've also found that fielders within the circle do not react to balls hit higher up in the air. I tested this by bowling about 10 overs straight off bouncers (different seam variations too) and each and every one fell just a few inches short of a fielder regardless where I placed them or even worse, fell with no one running to take it. The other issue (which I know others have documented) is that opposition batters will play attacking shots at basically every ball, which is nice for ODI but strange when a team is down 30/4 in the first innings of a test.

Other than that, I've enjoyed the batting in career mode but it's a shame the bowling (which to me, is always a bit more fun) is becoming a bit too frustrating to stick with.
I played a bit last night after a few weeks off. Was pretty rough going for me, mainly on the fielding side. Overthrows, fielders standing still and not even chasing the ball, and batsmen not running between wickets, diving away from the ball?

cricboi

Club Captain
I played a bit last night after a few weeks off. Was pretty rough going for me, mainly on the fielding side. Overthrows, fielders standing still and not even chasing the ball, and batsmen not running between wickets, diving away from the ball?
Yeah, I wonder if part of the fielding issue isn't just the errors but the fact that it looks like the AI fielders are oblivious to it. It's one thing to have an overthrow, but having one that slowly rolls to the boundary while every fielder is frozen in place leaves you sitting there feeling a bit silly.

I wonder if the game could adopt a process like baseball games (MLB The Show) do on overthrows, where they immediately trigger recovery maneauvers (one guy gets the ball, another is ready to cut it off, another moves to backstop the throw). Basically anything to make these fielding issues feel more organic and less like a glitch would probably make the experience more immersive.

Users who are viewing this thread