Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I think everyone was very expressive in letting know they were frustrated. Not sure it was crap. We still have a list of issues that is there since Ashes Cricket. It was about time. Everyone is entitled including you to express what they felt. Someone did it mildly while some did it loudly, but none was crap atleast in my view. Kudos to everyone in this forum for being passionate.

I'm talking back in day mate!

bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
now that gameplay is kind of sorted, next patch can focus on commentary, visual element (Crowds with flags and trumpets, rain,) and also update the academy

Mrp

Club Captain
now that gameplay is kind of sorted, next patch can focus on commentary, visual element (Crowds with flags and trumpets, rain,) and also update the academy

You have tried defending to spinners , yes????! Gameplay not sorted at all IMHO

HosiesICC

Club Cricketer
Is it just me, or is sweeping (and reverse sweeping) vs spinners now broken after the latest patch?
Won't let me sweep while playing matches now

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Here is my model for AI players development in career mode which I inspired off from NBA 2k lol so nevertheless here it goes.
There should be Players Initial skills which shall be randomize between overall skills of every regen players and it should be between 35 to 55 and then the Potential attribute which shall be randomize between 55 to 99 and the Regressed attribute which will be the lowest attribute a player will get regressed to close to his retirement age which shall be randomized between 25 to 50
So the regen player starts with initial skills and then there shall be development period which is in years again randomize between 3 years to 7 years and at the end of this period regen player will reach it's potential attribute then next come peak period in which the players remain in it's highest attributes which he attain at the end of development period again this period can be random between 3 to 7 years and then finally the regression period in which the players starts losing it's attributes to reach it's final lowest regressed attribute again this period can range from 3 to 7 years.

This way we will have truly unique regen players some will attain their peak slowly and remain in their peak so long and start losing the attribute so slowly till their retirement age potentially a career that will last 21 years or at the other hand we can players who reach their peak quickly but not remain in their peak and then start losing the attributes quickly so as to have potential of 9 years career and then we can have multiple combinations of players career in between because of randomize element.

Sounds great if get implemented by BAS.

Last edited:

noys390

County Cricketer
Try ball quality at zero it makes ai bowl better to left-handers.

Still there is no concrete evidence how this slider 'bowl quality' in AI setting actually do plays out. There is a theory that bowlers vary their line & length on higher 'bowl quality' and on lower setting bowls tighter line & length. Nobody knows for certain what it does exactly and whether at all the batting difficulty get raised on changing the slider Or the bowlers stop giving away wides Or bowlers bowl according to the field-set.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Playing as Canada associate career (mostly simming it though currently in 2036) and my team has got a legendary SLA spin bowler by the name of London and he can spin it huge both ways and AI seems unable to play it at all , average 14 with the ball in T20is with 250 something wickets in around 130 something games , that is almost 2 wicket per game in a T20Is and I can see the reason why as he keep creating chance atleast twice in an over and only few AI batters can actually play him , Played the games against Nepal , AFG and Italy and only AFG one batter was actually middling him otherwise all were unable to read his spin at all. New Rashid Khan of associate Nations? Because my team has another 2 spinners as well which are just average and AI can easily play them.

It would be great if you guys can bring back AI vs AI games in career mode as I am currently forced to play the games to actually see the quality of players in my team , previously i was just sit back and relax and watch the game and take notes like a real coach in C22 and C19.

It would also be great if you can actually see the stats of your team mates in MY TEAMS tab instead of going in match and hoping that stats ticker will pop up , I don't know how hard it is to implement to have the career stats tab available for atleast your league players in career mode if not all the league players , it was there in C19 disc version which later got patched out for unknown reason and never make it back in C19 or even in C22.

Really hoping that career mode will get some love in future patches specially the selection logic and players development and career stats tabs for all players and possibly players ranking as well.
Can you get to #1 in the world or not possible with an associate nation?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Still there is no concrete evidence how this slider 'bowl quality' in AI setting actually do plays out. There is a theory that bowlers vary their line & length on higher 'bowl quality' and on lower setting bowls tighter line & length. Nobody knows for certain what it does exactly and whether at all the batting difficulty get raised on changing the slider Or the bowlers stop giving away wides Or bowlers bowl according to the field-set.

Bowl Quality is the same for the AI as the effects as delivery quality has for you as a player - they'll bowl more ideal/good timing deliveries with the slider up, which in turn reduces how much "spray" there is on the delivery from the input line/length.

So it's up to you in terms of what you think makes it more difficult - the AI successfully targeting the line and bowling what they intend to in terms of bowling to the field, or bowling worse lines so it's more unpredictable.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Can you get to #1 in the world or not possible with an associate nation?
Last time I checked world rankings were fudged up with Jersey being No1 ODI side but I think the ranking is now working but still haven't seen any associate nation in the top 10 so I think it's not possible , However having said that Kuwait is above Zimbabwe in T20 in my career save in 2036

Last edited:

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
So it's the exact opposite of what you said in your post according to what Matt has described.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
I really like playing with london named regen spinner in my Canada team , it feels like cheat mode is on while he is bowling but he do go for runs as well always ending up picking 2-4 wickets in T20 game when playing manually. And no other spinners are not effective like him as well so it's not an entirely an AI can't play spin (which is still partially true for some instance) issue.

Still AI vs spin needs to be looked or perhaps provide us a slider so that we can manually adjust it.

Users who are viewing this thread