Cricket 24 - General Discussion

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
I agree with most of your points but i still believe that offside front foot shots need to be looked into as it has a tendency to mostly go to covers. Its almost like when in doubt go to covers. Front foot drive to point is super difficult. Same is the case with finding the gap between midwicket and midon. This particular gap has the most inaccessible area in all BA cricket games and continues to be the same.

Though i must say i am enjoying my batting experience. If somehow the ai becomes smarter in their field placements it would be fantastic. Also pitch wear and tear is negligible.

I find it a lot easier hitting to point with some batting styles over others. The new one especially I think is easier to drive square with.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I have noticed that the Zoom Slider for the dynamic camera doesn't do anything. Also, I changed the slider for "ball display marker time" to a 100..... and nothing changed either?! This game is currently a proper easter egg hunt for bugs !
Just tried it myself and you're spot on, absolutely no change whatsoever. I'm sorry but that is an unbelievable level of incompetence.

Does nobody test this before it gets sent out?!

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Just tried it myself and you're spot on, absolutely no change whatsoever. I'm sorry but that is an unbelievable level of incompetence.
It absolutely works, just might not change what you are expecting it to change. The slider adjusts how much the camera moves in between when the bowler releases the ball and it reaches the batter - at 0 it won't move, at 100 it is the default per the initial camera setup.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
It absolutely works, just might not change what you are expecting it to change. The slider adjusts how much the camera moves in between when the bowler releases the ball and it reaches the batter - at 0 it won't move, at 100 it is the default per the initial camera setup.
Fair play, I've just had another go on it and it does work so apologies, it's fairly subtle but it's there. I think my confusion was that the camera still zooms in to the point where the ball is leaving the bowler's hand. But with slider way down it then does a little zoom back out again as the delivery reaches the batsman.

Personally I would have the camera stop zooming in or out once it gets close so that the umpires feet are covered by the match HUD. Like this.

18c1314d56124-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Fair play, I've just had another go on it and it does work so apologies, it's fairly subtle but it's there. I think my confusion was that the camera still zooms in to the point where the ball is leaving the bowler's hand. But with slider way down it then does a little zoom back out again as the delivery reaches the batsman.

Personally I would have the camera stop zooming in or out once it gets close so that the umpires feet are covered by the match HUD. Like this.

View attachment 287437
For this u can use mini score hud .. which looks beter thn full ..

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Really loving the career stats generated for all players through simming the games as it truly reflects players quality , a player with extremely good bowling avg and low strike rate will likely to get wickets easily when you play the game and same applies for batsmen as well and vice versa also applies which means bowler with bad stats will not get much wickets and will go plenty when you play the game while using him , the game produce beautifully accurate stats in all formats of the game based on players attributes , really pumped up my experience with career mode which I played whole yesterday night and now feeling sleepy at work now lol. (I played canada career with my custom team of 20 players and simmed straight pass 15 years and sadly only 15 players get the chance to play instead of 20 , team selection needs to fixed as well and all the players career stats in all formats after 15 years are beautifully created by the game based on their attributes as I play the game using play now using my custom team I do had an idea what their all formats stats should look like if they continue playing and the game produce accurate stats as per my prediction as I know my custom team players and having an idea who will get me wickets but will go for runs as well hence low S/R but high bowl avg but lots of wickets who will score runs consistently for me hence low S/R and high bat avg but few 100s and lots of 50s and who will be hit n miss player but once get going will score big hence high S/R but low bat avg but having few 100s scored in T20s and stats created by the game really reflects what I was hoping for)

Now if they can only adjust pace bowling levels so as to have variety of pace bowlers in career mode and spin bowling wicket and chances slider (YES BTW the spinners are still OP but the career stats produce by game also reflect that so overall it still balances out) and players development feature then it will be 10/10 for me in career mode , currently it still stands 7.5/10 for me.

BTW if you try to use filter while in career stats window the game crashes and also the game also crashes when you try to view competition tab in associate career after the associate nations cup is over.

Stats ticker in game shows stats of OD and T20 games while playing associate ODIs or T20Is

Last edited:

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
BTW no body is interested in career mode mini games or cutscenes the real meat and butter of career mode is variety of players and distinguishable players and players development and team selection and career stats and players ranking.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
If my model for player development is complicated then I have simple player development model as well and here it goes

Example a player get generated at the age of 17 and his overall skills 50 so for the first 7 years of development the game should randomize value between -1 to +8 and add that to his overall skill for eg when he turned he got 6 skill points due to random element which will make go from 50 to 56 and after 7 years the game should randomize between -1 and +3 for the next 4 years and then the game should randomize between -4 to +1 for the next 4 years and finally the randomize value should between -8 to 0 for the next 4 years , I have tested it vigorously in excel sheet and its resulting in dynamic and unique development for players every time.

Also I have tested and it's working if the initial overall skill is between 45 to 60 and regen players initial skills must not exceed this threshold otherwise there will be the potential to cross 99+ overall rating at some point in their career for 60 overall initial rating the max I could simulate was 97 overall potential rating through my formula in excel , so I recon 60 is the max sweet spot.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
This player development will ensure that most players will not remain in their and high ratings for more than 3 or 4 seasons thus giving chance to other players who recently hit their , this will solve team selection issues as the players attributes are keep getting up and down and hence different players will get the chance to play the season when they hit their peak attributes , having said there will be few players who will remain in their peak for more than 8 season and thus what separate the best from the rest , but most players will go up and down in attributes and will get replaced by other players , that how it should be.

luckysoni

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I personally think Licensed player bowling & batting action/styles should be editable by user. Its so frustating to see everyone bowl like starc. For exa. - Like M. shami , if there is no specific shami action is in the game then let us decide that in which action he would be looking more suitable with , like i used to set sheldon cotrell action for shami instead of starc in c22....

& also if some certain batting styles are more prone to play drive in to the point then let us decide for each batsmen style because most batsmen with default style, 90% of the time they play to covers rather than point/cover point which was intended/played.

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Really loving the career stats generated for all players through simming the games as it truly reflects players quality , a player with extremely good bowling avg and low strike rate will likely to get wickets easily when you play the game and same applies for batsmen as well and vice versa also applies which means bowler with bad stats will not get much wickets and will go plenty when you play the game while using him , the game produce beautifully accurate stats in all formats of the game based on players attributes , really pumped up my experience with career mode which I played whole yesterday night and now feeling sleepy at work now lol. (I played canada career with my custom team of 20 players and simmed straight pass 15 years and sadly only 15 players get the chance to play instead of 20 , team selection needs to fixed as well and all the players career stats in all formats after 15 years are beautifully created by the game based on their attributes as I play the game using play now using my custom team I do had an idea what their all formats stats should look like if they continue playing and the game produce accurate stats as per my prediction as I know my custom team players and having an idea who will get me wickets but will go for runs as well hence low S/R but high bowl avg but lots of wickets who will score runs consistently for me hence low S/R and high bat avg but few 100s and lots of 50s and who will be hit n miss player but once get going will score big hence high S/R but low bat avg but having few 100s scored in T20s and stats created by the game really reflects what I was hoping for)

Now if they can only adjust pace bowling levels so as to have variety of pace bowlers in career mode and spin bowling wicket and chances slider (YES BTW the spinners are still OP but the career stats produce by game also reflect that so overall it still balances out) and players development feature then it will be 10/10 for me in career mode , currently it still stands 7.5/10 for me.

BTW if you try to use filter while in career stats window the game crashes and also the game also crashes when you try to view competition tab in associate career after the associate nations cup is over.

Stats ticker in game shows stats of OD and T20 games while playing associate ODIs or T20Is
I also noticed 2 things low rating player cant hit sixes like good rating player also in last overs of the match AI try to smash you its not lile c22 where they stop do nothing in last overs .. only thing which i think they need to change. The sound of the bat when hits the ball and when ball hits the wicktes !!

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
I also noticed that the lower rating players can't really hit with power but they can read movement off the pitch quite easily and also can play full swinging yorkers which is a bummer.

Users who are viewing this thread