Cricket Academy File Breakdown - Gameplay Details Added

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why am I kidding?
It's such a trivial thing to be offended about... There's absolutely no "racism" in the context of the post you were replying to.

Perhaps in the past or in certain phrasings the word could have malicious intent, but I've only seen it used in light-hearted banter.

So get your head out of your ass and man up.

A quote from Stephen Fry;

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what.

Pom is not an offensive term in my opinion. It's just something the convicts use.

Surely if some people find it offensive it shouldn't be used. It is usually associated and used as a term as derision, such as Pommie bastard or Pommie bashing.
Use Brit by all means.
You wouldn't call a Pakistani as Paki would you?

----------

It's such a trivial thing to be offended about... There's absolutely no "racism" in the context of the post you were replying to.

Perhaps in the past or in certain phrasings the word could have malicious intent, but I've only seen it used in light-hearted banter.

So get your head out of your ass and man up.

A quote from Stephen Fry;

An ass is a donkey. You are British aren't you? The correct phrase is:
Get your head out of your arse.

Surely if some people find it offensive it shouldn't be used
I don't want this to be drawn into a race battle but surely on that principle every word we know wouldn't be used? For example, Roy Hodgson's team talk with the NASA monkey analogy and the furore after that. It was perfectly harmless but because of the word "monkey" the media turned it into something sinister.

I agree with Stephen Fry. People whine too much.

What is a Pommie anyway.:p

There's a lot of different theories where the word came from, none conclusively proven.

I'm pretty sure that it was decided that it wasn't an offensive phrase a few years back by some authority or other.

There's a lot of different theories where the word came from, none conclusively proven.

I'm pretty sure that it was decided that it wasn't an offensive phrase a few years back by some authority or other.

Yes, by Australia and New Zealand. You are not telling me it's used as a term of endearment?

In the same way that Yank, Taffy, Paddy and Jock are... yeah.

Yes. Do you think an Irish person likes being called Paddy or a Welsh person Taffy?
I'm pretty thick skinned but I just don't like the term Pom. Neither would an Aboriginal like being termed an Abo.

Move on you bunch of Pommies! Otherwise Matt the convict or Colin the Jock or even Dutch the Cloghead will be on here to sort it out.......:p

In all seriousness, Pommie is not a word to get into this mix up about. Lets move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread