Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtkz

Game Developer
is it a good idea?
and I will do the pitchad mockup soon.

I'll test it out and see how it goes - I'm not sure that I can make it *accurately* determine how many runs you can safely get though. It's also quite a big chunk of the screen that's taken up with the box. I'm going to plow through the rest of the changes first and then tackle the interface.

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
Here's the pitchad mockup:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Pitchad.gif
    Pitchad.gif
    683.4 KB · Views: 71

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well just started another test match, same lineups with AUS v ENG. Lost the toss and they chose to bat first. So I'll have to wait for my innings before I can see whether the AI are any better in setting fields. Will be bowling on pro difficulty.

Well I got sick and tired of changing the field since I would bowl with one player, then I'd have to set the field for him, then he'd score a single and then I'd have to change the field around for a left hander, then I'll bowl with the second bowler and I have to set fields for both batsman and after 8-12 overs, I change bowlers to a spinner then I have to redo my slip so he stands closer and have to set my field, then he'll score a single and I have to change the field again for a left hander. It just gets too annoying. You need a better field editor. You should have it so the field editor shows what it would to a right handed batsman so you don't have to worry about swapping it around then it will recognise whether it is a right handed or left handed batsman when you are about to bowl and either keep the field the same for a right hander or swap it around for a left hander. You need a Cricket 07 like field setup. If you want me to give you a screenshot of what it looks like when you are setting up your field, just tell me and I'll give you a screen tomorrow.

Anyway, you really need a gully in otherwise they cut you through there every single ball that is just outside the offstump and if you bowl too straight, they whip you through the legside for 4. Strauss raced away at a run a ball but I brought Hauritz on and he contained him.

So after 11.1 overs, it is 52/0 (I'm stopping now cause I've got annoyed with it)

K Pietersen 18* (31) 4 4's
A Strauss 30* (36) 5 4's

D Bollinger 0/24 (4)
P Siddle 0/25 (5)
N Hauritz 0/3 (2)
M Johnson 0/0 (0.1)

kurtkz

Game Developer
Well just started another test match, same lineups with AUS v ENG. Lost the toss and they chose to bat first. So I'll have to wait for my innings before I can see whether the AI are any better in setting fields. Will be bowling on pro difficulty.

Well I got sick and tired of changing the field since I would bowl with one player, then I'd have to set the field for him, then he'd score a single and then I'd have to change the field around for a left hander, then I'll bowl with the second bowler and I have to set fields for both batsman and after 8-12 overs, I change bowlers to a spinner then I have to redo my slip so he stands closer and have to set my field, then he'll score a single and I have to change the field again for a left hander. It just gets too annoying. You need a better field editor. You should have it so the field editor shows what it would to a right handed batsman so you don't have to worry about swapping it around then it will recognise whether it is a right handed or left handed batsman when you are about to bowl and either keep the field the same for a right hander or swap it around for a left hander. You need a Cricket 07 like field setup. If you want me to give you a screenshot of what it looks like when you are setting up your field, just tell me and I'll give you a screen tomorrow.

Anyway, you really need a gully in otherwise they cut you through there every single ball that is just outside the offstump and if you bowl too straight, they whip you through the legside for 4. Strauss raced away at a run a ball but I brought Hauritz on and he contained him.

So after 11.1 overs, it is 52/0 (I'm stopping now cause I've got annoyed with it)

K Pietersen 18* (31) 4 4's
A Strauss 30* (36) 5 4's

D Bollinger 0/24 (4)
P Siddle 0/25 (5)
N Hauritz 0/3 (2)
M Johnson 0/0 (0.1)

Cool, I understand completely - any ideas to redo the field editor are welcome. If you want you can even do a mockup (just a simple one) of what you think the field editor should look like and how it should behave and I'll try to match that in the game.

nadeem1350

School Cricketer
Anyone for the help?:p
I can than do it for every country if you want.:)

May be I can do a bit....but I doubt whether it raises any copyright concerns!? So, I guess a generic pitchads as of now is enough and rest will be looked after by Modders after the game releases!!

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
any copyright concerns!?

I'm pretty sure the ruling is as long as it not for personal monetary gain then it's fine. If Kurtkz is to start charging money for the game then there would be copyright issues, but if there is no financial incentive I'm fairly sure it's alright.

kurtkz

Game Developer
May be I can do a bit....but I doubt whether it raises any copyright concerns!? So, I guess a generic pitchads as of now is enough and rest will be looked after by Modders after the game releases!!

Sure, go ahead :) For now we can keep things generic. I don't have any plans to sell the game just yet, but that might change in the (very) distant future.

kurtkz

Game Developer
Hey guys,

new update #5 is up in the 1st post. Only major change is the addition of stumpings. Also, run outs should now work correctly.

Cheers
Kurt

harrisb

International Coach
Hey Kurtkz, did you get my pm yesterday?

Good, nice work with the pitch-ads, they would be a good addition to the game, i also thought the run box was a good idea.

harrisb

International Coach
Got home from school and gave this a go. T20, England vs New Zealand.

1st Ball: "Controls shouldn't be too hard" *Bowler runs in and delivers* Argh, it's hard. The ball whizzed past the batsman as i tried to play a cover drive (i + down/left) on the keyboard. The keeper took the ball in and my batsmen had started running. A run out followed...

I realise that this might be because the button is the same for a front-foot shot and running.

The game looks amazing, especially for a 2d game, and i'm sure the gameplay will be great once i get used to timing and the controls.

With regards to timing the ball, when should I be pressing down on the key-board?

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I always hold down front foot/back foot as the bowler runs in, and then hit the direction key to play the shot.

harrisb

International Coach
do you find that works, i'll give it a go in a bit then.

Also, on the main-menu, it won't let me play more than T-20/Slog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread