Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allrounder18

Banned
Same batsmen , But its not happening after the field restrictions.[DOUBLEPOST=1427660123][/DOUBLEPOST]Can you remove the new ball after 35 overs feature so that reverse swing can be inducted in Ods atleast.

kurtkz

Game Developer
Yeah, seam adjustment applies to career mode too. Left-armers getting more swing might just have to do with the angle of release. Swing looks more pronounced if you're getting it right from around the wicket to right-handers and vice versa. There's nothing particular to left-armers in the game though.

EDIT: Some things to look at for the bowlers:

- left vs right hand bowler
- delivered from over or around wicket to left/right handed batsman
- stats for swing leg, swing off, seam leg, seam off, control and skill

kurtkz

Game Developer
Just a quick patch. A used ball is handed out in 35th over instead of a new one.[DOUBLEPOST=1427663541][/DOUBLEPOST]That could be due to lots of reasons. The main one probably being bad form.

Could also be training allocations. Each skill: batting/bowling/fielding is given a different priority, but this priority is modified by which skill the career player is lacking. So it's entirely possible that he'll try to up his bowling and fielding at the expense of his batting.

Last edited:

Allrounder18

Banned
BTW I think players should lose skills if they play badly I havent seen negative adjustment to skills after match , negative adjustment to the skills should be 50% compare to current positive adjustments , and also current positive adjustment should get a bump up by 25% , this will make players gaining and losing skills according to their performances just like in real world.

Allrounder18

Banned
I think AI is fine for now (will report if I encounter any oddity) , can you look in to career player switch and all cum records any time thingy next?
Also the season records bug where it doesnt show batting records for individual teams after couple of season says "There are no records to show"[DOUBLEPOST=1427691478][/DOUBLEPOST]
Skills do degrade slower :) I'm hesitant to bump the skills gains because it's meant to take you a long time to become good ;)

Hmm can you increase degradation amount so it balances out with improvement , my team went from 61 batting/bowling to 83 batting/bowling in less than 3 season which I think is pretty high improvement as they didnt play exceptional cricket (infact just avg ,won 1 FC tournament and if I remember correctly one T20 tournament) in those 3 seasons.

My career saved is more than 3 weeks old so also take pre patch skill improvement in to account , but still the degradation need to be increased.

Last edited:

Allrounder18

Banned
Also the max age for players at JNR level should be 30 , if you cant progress even at that age you are more likely to quit it.

BTW does your team mate progress to SNR team alongside your career player?

Allrounder18

Banned
If I am not wrong one can capture mocap data from video files (but it requires a bit of markers adjustment and editing), why dont you capture real cricketers bowling action and batting shots from real cricket videos and incorporate them in to the existing 3d models (or newer one if you manage to get them) ,Also another way to get mocap done is using Ipi mocap studio (free trial available) with xbox kinect sensor or ps3 eye (which is also inexpensive or if you can borrow from some one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread