Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtkz

Game Developer
Excellent - at least some of the issues are resolved now.

I'll check out the career records page and the straight drive issue. Could be that they're just still nerfed.

dancingmongoose

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
With the skin tone, is it higher or lower to go white?

dancingmongoose

International Coach
A few stupid things are happening

A edge between keeper and 1st slip. Neither went for it, and remarkably it sped up after hitting the ground. Didn't bounce, just hit the ground and accelerated to the third man boundary

Had a huge skier, fielder in position for a good 20 seconds. And it phases straight through his head and bounces jsut short of the rope for a one bounce four
EDIT: This has happened twice in the same over

dancingmongoose

International Coach
Out of the blue a crash
Code:
RUN @ 29/09/2014 23:27:44

VERSION: 2.713
PROFILE: dancingmongoose
PERMISSIONS MODE: True

MESSAGE: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

STACK TRACE:    at System.IO.MemoryStream.set_Capacity(Int32 value)
   at System.IO.MemoryStream.EnsureCapacity(Int32 value)
   at System.IO.MemoryStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at System.IO.BinaryWriter.Write(Single value)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryWriter.WriteValue(InternalPrimitiveTypeE code, Object value)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.MemberPrimitiveUnTyped.Write(__BinaryWriter sout)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryWriter.WriteMember(NameInfo memberNameInfo, NameInfo typeNameInfo, Object value)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectWriter.WriteKnownValueClass(NameInfo memberNameInfo, NameInfo typeNameInfo, Object data)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectWriter.WriteMembers(NameInfo memberNameInfo, NameInfo memberTypeNameInfo, Object memberData, WriteObjectInfo objectInfo, NameInfo typeNameInfo, WriteObjectInfo memberObjectInfo)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectWriter.WriteMemberSetup(WriteObjectInfo objectInfo, NameInfo memberNameInfo, NameInfo typeNameInfo, String memberName, Type memberType, Object memberData, WriteObjectInfo memberObjectInfo)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectWriter.Write(WriteObjectInfo objectInfo, NameInfo memberNameInfo, NameInfo typeNameInfo, String[] memberNames, Type[] memberTypes, Object[] memberData, WriteObjectInfo[] memberObjectInfos)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectWriter.Write(WriteObjectInfo objectInfo, NameInfo memberNameInfo, NameInfo typeNameInfo)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectWriter.Serialize(Object graph, Header[] inHeaders, __BinaryWriter serWriter, Boolean fCheck)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Serialize(Stream serializationStream, Object graph, Header[] headers, Boolean fCheck)
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.DeepClone(GameInstance obj) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 1772
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.StartNextGame(GameInstance instance, String pool, Int32 level, Boolean sim) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 5412
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateTournamentView.ProcessSim() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateTournamentView.cs:line 1214
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateTournamentView.ProcessInput(Single ms) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateTournamentView.cs:line 704
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 20424
   at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 5375

kurtkz

Game Developer
Hmm - these are all happening in career mode right?

The crash is probably due to the fact that I'm storing too much information now for each match (pitch, wet areas, clouds, etc.) I'll take a look at fixing these issues tonight. If not tonight, then definitely by Wednesday.

EDIT: I'll try to include some more detailed character creation options later in the week.

ibad17

School Cricketer
@kurtkz Declare issue still not resolved after the patch. Also it is also happening on Spicy and normal pitches as well. Batsmen keep batting and don't get out neither they declare

ibad17

School Cricketer
That's mighty strange - how many overs are they batting out? Can you send me a scorecard?
didnt save the scorecard but they bat for full 5 days meaning 450 overs with tailenders scoring 300 runs.

kurtkz

Game Developer
When you get a chance, simulate again and send me the results? I can't reproduce that behaviour.

Also, does your copy show that it's version 2.714?

ibad17

School Cricketer
When you get a chance, simulate again and send me the results? I can't reproduce that behaviour.

Also, does your copy show that it's version 2.714?

where is version no written?. i cant see in the game.

VampyreSquirrel

Club Captain
Playing and testing from my side shall happen soon... been heavily distracted by Diablo 3 lately.

kurtkz

Game Developer
So it looks like quite a few UI/interfacey things have been broken in career mode since the last update. I've managed to resolve most of them already, but I'm going to spend a few more days just trying to clean everything up and fix whatever crashes arise.

@ibad17: I still can't reproduce that weird behaviour, but as soon as I'm done with this iteration I'll send you the updated patch.

dancingmongoose

International Coach
Just simmed a 3 day game between Afghanistan and Queensland. Mainly to see what fields I need for the db but I noticed a few things.

QLD didn't pick a spinner at all. Now I think I removed Hauritz from the squad but considering Boyce is making his international debut tonight, why he wasn't picked over Gannon or McDermott is beyond me.

Neither team used more than 5 bowlers. QLD batted for 110 overs and Shenwari wasn't used once, neither was Sharifuddin Ashraf, yet Nabi bowled 34 overs.

Afghanistan played 5 bowlers (M. Ashraf, D. Zadran, Dawlatzai, Hassan, S. Ashraf). Considering they are rated much lower that's an awful risk to take, especially considering they have two allrounders in Nabi and Sherwari

The scorecard doesn't show the batsmen who did not bat, in this case McDermott and Gannon as QLD declared 8 down.

There's also no sundries entry on the scorecard except with the bowling figures, and no innings total

*I should make this clear that this is the excel scorecard

Also, is there a reason why Travis Head is rated 84? Averages around 30 in both LA and FC, only one century across all formats

Last edited:

kurtkz

Game Developer
Thanks @dancingmongoose. I'll take a look at the Excel exports - they haven't been updated in ages. I need to check the bowling skill for those players as well. It might be that they're too low, so I'll need to adjust how stamina affects the bowler selection (And also enforce teams to try to select at least 1 spinner if they're good enough).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread