dbc hacks: fearsome tweak v2.90 +minigame v0.03

D

Dutch

Good stuff guys. Hopefully we can here something from Franco about any new updates and hopefully people will keep this thread at least free from inate rubbish: one of the few good threads on PC

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Good stuff guys. Hopefully we can here something from Franco about any new updates and hopefully people will keep this thread at least free from inate rubbish: one of the few good threads on PC

An update would be nice just to see what else is possible, but if we didn't get another version at all I'd be more than happy. After playing a lot with this patch I'm convinced, I've got all my players on the upper end of skill levels for batting so the AI isn't totally rubbish in fact at times it's too good for me and I feel I've found a great balance in the game to be more than content.

Having generous field settings with the AI seems to do the trick along with the regular/high stats for the batsmen, the dismissals are just too life like now and I think having high stats makes the game more satisfying for me because the AI can really clobber you so when you do get that nick it feels damn good, or even when they edge it through a gap that feels so life like.

I think the wicket plays a part in how the AI bat too, about a week ago I had one hell of a match. I made 422 I think in 50 and then the AI matched me but lost more wickets and were out for 289...just take a look at this though...hows that for a run chase!

(I was playing as ENG)

Attachments

• 20160705164707_1.jpg
    20160705164707_1.jpg
    389.2 KB · Views: 34

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Finally got to try this mod and I'm in awe! The AI's shot selection is so beautiful to watch! Thanks a lot franco :D

What version are you using? I didn't notice any difference in AI shot selection, only in the types of dismissals I got whilst bowling to the AI.

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
doesn't it just change the whole game??!

Yeah totally! I just wanted to check out an over or two at first cause I had an appointment soon after, but I ended up playing nearly 10 overs without even realizing cause I was so determined to get the batsmen's wickets looking at the way they play! I did get one at 8th over or so but overall the whole experience was just bliss!

What version are you using? I didn't notice any difference in AI shot selection, only in the types of dismissals I got whilst bowling to the AI.

1.02v...really? I found it completely different. From the 10 overs that I played, I can say that the shot selection seemed pretty darn realistic to me. There was a flow and momentum to the whole game...

karanhdass

Club Cricketer
Game-changer for sure! And like SibiNayaagam said, the AIs pattern of shots now is much more...REAL, for the lack of a better word.

I've actually had dismissals at first, second slip, gully, fly slip... I never thought that'd be possible without the new iteration.

The thing is, though, these guys just don't flail the willow about. I get tonked for 6s and carved for 4s sometimes. The AI has metamorphosized into something I just can't put my finger on. As it should be. A far, FAR cry from scripted instances when wicketkeepers would actually move to first slip as I finish with delivering a leg spinner and the batsman would edge it. Because "reasons".

All things considered, this will satiate my appetite for armchair cricket for quite a few more months till DBC 17 arrives. Definitely a first day purchase for me.

p.s. That dismissal in the video, right? Just so beautiful.

e: apologies, I realized that I said very little about the AI shot selection.

For example, earlier, if I bowled a full-length inswinging delivery the batsman would either defend it or ball would run into his pads, most of the time.

Now, if he's top drawer, adding to those earlier outcomes, he flicks it off his legs for six, plays for the ball on the offside if my previous deliveries were out-swingers, or drives it powerfully past mid-on.

These are of course select instances off the top of my head. But, I definitely notice a difference when the hack is on/off when I'm playing.

Also, with the hack on, AIs now play beautiful drives into the ground which pick up pace rapidly towards the boundary. Sometimes, even on the up. This is something that definitely didn't happen for me earlier.

Last edited:

sandy50

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Which one is the latest.. 004 o debug ?

sandy50

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Got 5 edges with went to slips and on all five occasions the slip fielder dropped the catch. Does it happens with everyone?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Got 5 edges with went to slips and on all five occasions the slip fielder dropped the catch. Does it happens with everyone?

Who dropped them? You or AI?

If AI sadly they do drop a lot. If you - try and make sure you have good catchers there. Also if you're on semi assisted you have yo move the stick up to catch.

sandy50

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Im playing career mode. And its the AI who dropped the catches. Anyone playing with semi-assisted field were able to take slip catches ?

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Who dropped them? You or AI?

If AI sadly they do drop a lot. If you - try and make sure you have good catchers there. Also if you're on semi assisted you have yo move the stick up to catch.

I've not had the AI drop many for me tbh, they seem to catch most of them

Users who are viewing this thread