dbc hacks: fearsome tweak v2.90 +minigame v0.03

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Could someone advise me on the settings required to make for a great match experience please. Batsman Mentality, Change Batsman skill On or Off, and what numerical setting, Batsman Strength On or Off and what % setting, and lastly play in casual mode,ON or Off. Thanks.

i suggest with the current version to create a team with different skills, you can change them in the Academy. The hack will make the batsmen do a mistake based on their average skill,
so you can create for example:
batsman position 1 - skill 50
position 2 - skill 15
position 3 - skill 60
position 4 - skill 25
etc. etc.
this way every batsmen will play differently. It's not needed to change any setting, but if you want you can make a batsman be more defensive or attacking (good for limited overs).
Casual mode just makes them play a random shot (is just for fun). Same for batsman strength (was requested by Langeveldt on the forum).
If you dont want to edit the Academy, then you can activate the "change batsman skill" and select a value, but it will be the same for both bastmen. If you want to know
what the bastmen skill is, you can read it in the console window after they play a shot.

Col. Hans Landa

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have a question.

I have reduced the batsmen's skills as Franco suggested. For instance if Michael Bevan is rated 68, Inzamam is 62 Sehwag is 56 and Srinath is 26.

But for some reason I am not getting the same amount of edges I used to get with the1.0s The only one benefiting from the patch while I am playing is the AI as most of my batsmen are out caught in the gully or by the Keeper.

While I am bowling most of my wickets are the regular caught at mid on-mid off types.

I really loved the edges I managed to get with the earlier versions.

Could someone let me know what I am doing wrong or if someone else is experiencing the same issue.

Thanks in advance.

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
what version are you using? if it's 2.85, check if has loaded correctly (there are still some issues). If the console is showing the usual informations, it means
that it works. Also usually i use values between 15-35 for most of my batsmen.
As for the type of dismissals, i didnt find enough time to make a new version which will improve this. I had to fix literally hundreds of small problems (especially
to make the loading faster).

Col. Hans Landa

Club Captain
what version are you using? if it's 2.85, check if has loaded correctly (there are still some issues). If the console is showing the usual informations, it means
As for the type of dismissals, i didnt find enough time to make a new version which will improve this. I had to fix literally hundreds of small problems (especially

Yes, Franco I am using 2.85 and the patch is loading fine. I can see the batsmen and bowlers skill showing on the screen.
I will try lowering the skills even further. Thanks.

Last edited:

Col. Hans Landa

Club Captain

I played 3 T20 matches against AI after further reducing the skills on 'Legend'

Bowled out Australia for 68 in the first game.
They managed to score 147 for 6 in the second game.

And in the third game which was against Zimbabwe they scored 96 for 8 in 20 overs. They need 182 to win and started well scoring 59 for the loss of 1 wicket in the powerplay.
But played very defensively after the powerplay was completed and scored only 37 runs in the next 14 overs.

I changed the agression level to 'Chris Gayle' but it didnt make any difference.

For a change most of the batsmen were out caught in the covers instead of mid-on and mid-off. Plenty of play and misses by the AI but still no edges.

3 games and 3 very different results. I guess since no one else is talking about it there must be something wrong with my bowling.

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
3 games and 3 very different results. I guess since no one else is talking about it there must be something wrong with my bowling.

Have you activated the "casual play" button? If not, i'd say is not working correctly. The reason may be that every Windows loads the game with small differences,
so i will need to add some "error checking". Sorry about that. Anyway after some more patching it will work correctly.

Col. Hans Landa

Club Captain
Have you activated the "casual play" button? If not, i'd say is not working correctly. The reason may be that every Windows loads the game with small differences,
so i will need to add some "error checking". Sorry about that. Anyway after some more patching it will work correctly.

No, the Casual Play was not activated. I personally prefer the older patch because you could manually control the probablity of getting the edges. Yes, I have a thing for getting the batsman out caught behind or in the slips or LBW. It is a kind of a fetish.

The only thing lacking in the older versions is that you cannot select the agression level for AI batsmen and they are not aggressive enough during the slog overs.

Please do not embarass me by apologizing. I had stopped playing DBC and your mod is the only reason why I took DBC off the morgue. I logged in to PlanetCricket after almost an year just to participate in this thread.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
In a funny way it seems the more the hack lets the game "act natural" the more the limitations of the game engine kick in again.

i would agree with the colonel that the best results i got were with one of the earlier patches, using "normal" skilled batsmen (i.e. top order batsmen skilled high, lower skills lower).

but as you say - this hack has given DBC an unbelievably extended shelf-life. all of my most thrilling games have happened with this hack

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Downloaded your latest hack and I'm not able to run it. Just as your instructions: Press 'Start" on the hack and run the game. I was notified as,
Game Found. Loading.... and then nothing happened. When I started playing a game and opted to bowl on winning the toss I thought of checking the hack whether it is running in the bg. and after few seconds I'm getting an error of hack crash. Hope you will help me out!

upload_2016-10-31_7-4-24.png

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
Downloaded your latest hack and I'm not able to run it. Just as your instructions: Press 'Start" on the hack and run the game. I was notified as,
Game Found. Loading.... and then nothing happened. When I started playing a game and opted to bowl on winning the toss I thought of checking the hack whether it is running in the bg. and after few seconds I'm getting an error of hack crash. Hope you will help me out!

View attachment 176925

thanks for reporting it, it seems it works only for some people. Ali posted some screenshots where he made 160m sixes, using the strength hack, so i think it's working for him.
I will need to fix this.

AnkitC

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
thanks for reporting it, it seems it works only for some people. Ali posted some screenshots where he made 160m sixes, using the strength hack, so i think it's working for him.
I will need to fix this.

Just wanted to confirm that v2.85 is working well for me. While the hack is getting loaded 10/10 times I was just not getting enough edges until I lowered the skills of the batsman from Academy. Took your advice and rated the batsmen from 15-35.

Currently playing a Pink Ball Test Match with the lowered skilled teams and Mentality set to defensive. Getting quite a decent a match up with Run rates hovering around 2-3 runs per over. Which is pretty realistic IMO. Thanks again. :thumbs

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
Just wanted to confirm that v2.85 is working well for me. While the hack is getting loaded 10/10 times I was just not getting enough edges until I lowered the skills of the batsman from Academy. Took your advice and rated the batsmen from 15-35.

Currently playing a Pink Ball Test Match with the lowered skilled teams and Mentality set to defensive. Getting quite a decent a match up with Run rates hovering around 2-3 runs per over. Which is pretty realistic IMO. Thanks again. :thumbs

if you have time, check if the strength slider works please (or some other functions)

venkataraghavan

School Cricketer
Excellent mod. The fun of the game has gone back into it for me. Bowling seemed to have become twice as difficult in the last few patches, being a 97mph fast bowler with excellent consistency, line and length (whilst playing to every batsmans' weaknesses) absolutely should warrant edges at the very least. I wasn't even getting a play-and-miss.

Overnight, I've gone from near-constant 0-40 or 0-50 innings, getting driven all over the ground on Rookie by hyper-aggressive batsmen, to 5-fers and no shortage of opportunities. Now I get to attack the batsmen and configure my field correctly without getting slogged for six by tailenders.

The only complaint I have is that this shouldn't need to be a mod. This sort of slider, this option should already be available in the base game IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread