Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Featuring PlanetCricket's ANGAD lets take a look at a BARS referral from Don Bradman Cricket 14

What is "BARS?"

BARS Stands for "Big Ant Review System" - it is a totally unique take on the traditional "DRS" system which is licenced and cannot be used by BigAnt. Instead, they have come up with BARS which functions in pretty much the same way as a referral system, but with slight tweaks and visual changes, for practical and legal reasons. The below video is 'set up' by the Big Ant Studios team in house as a demonstration of how BARS will function in game. It's worth noting that the BARS seen here is a fully controlled/programmed sequence and not indicative of final game play that you will experience...

What you are watching

A pre-programmed bowler-camera game play sequence, you can see the new 'comet' trail on the ball which is for fielding assistance in the game as you can manually field in DBC14. We know that both the batter and the bowling sequence in DBC14 have unique cameras for each part of the game and integrating them with a broadcast-camera feel. You will still be able to choose the traditional "Broadcast" view if you want, but this video shows the bowling camera in action...

Re-Post of the original video here:

You can access all the other videos, screenshots and information on Don Bradman Cricket 14 right here:

PlanetCricket ? Videos

PlanetCricket ? Screenshots & Information

Got questions about things not related to the video? Check out the what we know thread before asking:

PlanetCricket ? What We Know

Finally, want to discuss anything in general about DBC14 or something else? Check out the general discussion thread here:

PlanetCricket ? DBC14 General Discussion

:release:​

You can now return to discussing whether or not BARS should be red, green or magenta...

Last edited by a moderator:

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Might want to add some of these details to the first post...

1. 'Comet' colour can't be changed
  2. 'Comet' is for fielding assistance (and fielding is designed to be performed by the player)
  3. 'Comet' is also batting assistance

Last edited:

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Biggs, you might want to add MikeM's post on how bat tapping and other stuff got missed because of the DEBUG build. You don't want another popcorn show here.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Eh, you guys have just made those posts. They'll do. Unfortunately Mikey's original post has gone the way of the dinosaurs, but if anyone has any questions about that kinda stuff you guys have just answered it well enough.

The most important thing to remember is this is all a controlled sequence (DEBUG is the fancy term, but I'm trying to stay away from that for the new/young folks) that is programmed a particular way to show the type of sequence you can expect with BARS at home.

Anything else I've missed I'm sure Ross can stop by and clarify...

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
The fielder did not throw the ball because they disabled it to show drs

The batsman did not hurry back to the crease because they disabled running/urgency incase the batsman tries to run.

Just these 2

Biggs, did you see my post on the planet cricket team before the site went down?

intisar.hasnain

Club Captain
Thankx a lot Biggs,

When Ross uploaded the vid in his thread,. Was thinkin of Thanking ROss just after i finished reading what others had posted, but then i realized it went on upto more than 30 pages within a few hours, so finishing the whole thread would have taken a day..

Now when i get the Chance.. :
'Thanks a Lot again ROss & MikeM, my posts of gratitide just increases with evrything u give us, staying true and dedicated to us all fans, the gaming community and most importantly Cricket.. Salute to the whole BA team. :clap Bigg job done there, just Bigg,...'

Moving onto the ball trail thingy, it seemed to me best to put a smaller white trail, that'd more subtle and realistic. Just a suggestion from a small forum member, i think israr pointed this same idea bfor. Biggs could a poll be added on this matter? As Ross mentioned about discussing contents of the dlc, maybe they could change it in a patch, if many of us votes for it.

flake

County Cricketer
The comet wont be for batting assistance, but will it SHOW when YOU are batting?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
This game is literally looking too good to be true. I hope in that isn't the case, because everyone else should just pack up and go home, as it won't be worth releasing a cricket game to compete with this one because let's face it, a mainstream publisher simply won't make it as in depth as this game is.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Biggs, you might want to add MikeM's post on how bat tapping and other stuff got missed because of the DEBUG build. You don't want another popcorn show here.
Thanks to Simon's suggestion of the Google Cache:
Just want to jump in here on a few things.

1. Tapping of Bat - don't worry in the build you get in your hands the batsman will tap the bat/have movement in the crease up to the end of bowler run up (so 6 feet or so before the actual delivery. I will check it out but i'd assume that because we wanted some things to be consistent when grabbing the video certain debug elements were turned on that managed to stop the batsman tap.

2. Batsman outside crease - we forced the batsman not to run in code, we wanted to ensure they didn't decide that there was a quick single to be had, however, by forcing them to not run also meant they lost all other desires such as urgency to return to the crease.

3. Scores - we forced a situation to ensure we had a certain person at the crease, we wanted to show Angad walking on and walking off :-) - so scores, balls faced etc weren't correct.

4. Sounds - sync of sound certainly isn't a problem in game - maybe there was a slight issue when we grabbed the video. I'll have to check the raw files on Monday.

I really appreciate all the feeback you guys are giving on the video - just wanted to ensure you knew at the least the points above should not be a concern for when you get your hands on the game.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
That sh#ts like Lazarus Matt... You just raised Mikey from the dead.

STONE HIM!

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The comet wont be for batting assistance, but will it SHOW when YOU are batting?

In single player the trail will not show when batting.

In local multiplayer it will show in batting if the camera is switched into any of the behind the bowler cameras, this is for the advantage of the fielding side.

Users who are viewing this thread