DBC14 | Full Game Play with BARS Video

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
This message is hidden because usher08 is on your ignore list.

Thanks, you made it so freakin' easy, normally I give people a chance and try to see if the have any merit in their "argument". Genius.

Ross, it's your prerogative whom you block and whom you want to interact with but don't you think you will miss out on a different perspective by blocking folks who criticize (in some cases over the top) the game? Surely you would have known that not all feedback would be positive and there will be people who will have criticism to offer.

I don't agree with usher08's post but he and other posters like him may bring out good points which you may want to address for the benefit of the franchise moving forward. Surely, you can't focus on posts/users who only have good things to say about the game and block/ignore others who provide criticism.

glenny134

Club Captain
I think with ross its more the way you say it...he was just being a dick. If it was constructive criticism i think ross would actually appreciate it. Not just saying the game is s--- end of story

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ross, it's your prerogative whom you block and whom you want to interact with but don't you think you will miss out on a different perspective by blocking folks who criticize (in some cases over the top) the game? Surely you would have known that not all feedback would be positive and there will be people who will have criticism to offer.

I don't agree with usher08's post but he and other posters like him may bring out good points which you may want to address for the benefit of the franchise moving forward. Surely, you can't focus on posts/users who only have good things to say about the game and block/ignore others who provide criticism.

I converse with many who disagree and criticise. There's only three people on my ignore list so I think you're overreacting.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
but don't you think you will miss out on a different perspective by blocking folks who criticize the game?...

So you're at your mates house, hanging out, having a beer with friends and chatting about cricket... then this random dude called "Usher08" turns up and walks over to you, kicks you in the balls, flips a bird then sits down to have a drink and chat with the rest of you...

I think blocking him is the politest thing Ross did...

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
I think with ross its more the way you say it...he was just being a dick. If it was constructive criticism i think ross would actually appreciate it. Not just saying the game is s--- end of story

Most of criticism for a video game on an internet forum will come in a similar fashion, at least most of it. I would ignore the parts which don't add much value, in this case "the game is shyte" and focus on valid points, i.e.,

1. Unrealistic he batsman shot is slow and after such a big run up it goes into slow mo as the ball crawls down the track .... I hope he's not a fast bowler

2. I have a feeling you u won't be able o play easy crickets strokes on this as well like a while of the legs.

To me they are valid points which we or Ross may not agree with but he and the team will need to look at those as well if they want to improve the game. Not all people will make their points in the politically correct manner but it doesn't mean they don't or can't have valid points. Just my opinion.

balkeet

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I also criticize the screens and videos of dbc 14 but i don't think i am on ross's ignore list or am i?? Fingers crossed !

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
I converse with many who disagree and criticise. There's only three people on my ignore list so I think you're overreacting.

Fair enough.

----------

So you're at your mates house, hanging out, having a beer with friends and chatting about cricket... then this random dude called "Usher08" turns up and walks over to you, kicks you in the balls, flips a bird then sits down to have a drink and chat with the rest of you...

I think blocking him is the politest thing Ross did...

Things are different in the real and online world. Most of online criticism I come across in forums, especially video gaming forums, starts with slating the Devs, publishers and the game. But as I said it was just my opinion and Ross said he has only blocked 3 folks so it's fine.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Big difference with valid constructive criticism and just being a herpied horses hose...

If you're going to critique, have the decency to follow up "this game is sh#t" with quantifiable, researched factual statements.

...or red circles.

mattk

Associate Cricketer
I take it the trail is necessary for fielding because the ball rockets off the bat :thumbs

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Fair enough.

----------

Things are different in the real and online world. Most of online criticism I come across in forums, especially video gaming forums, starts with slating the Devs, publishers and the game. But as I said it was just my opinion and Ross said he has only blocked 3 folks so it's fine.

and that is why most devs don't do forums or just become "bots" quoting the same one liners day after day...

It's actually two on my ignore list because the PC issues have let one of the hook! It all means so much to me that I can't remember who the other dick is that I need to ignore.

In the same way he discounted my game I am allowed to discount him - he is more than appropriately ignored and is already forgotten. His two seconds of fame are already a distant memory.

If you think there is heat on a forum then just think about the email I get where people get to do it in what they think is an anonymous fashion - there are some pearlers!

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Chief what did you think of the video.:wave

----------

and that is why most devs don't do forums or just become "bots" quoting the same one liners day after day...

It's actually two on my ignore list because the PC issues have let one of the hook! It all means so much to me that I can't remember who the other dick is that I need to ignore.

In the same way he discounted my game I am allowed to discount him - he is more than appropriately ignored and is already forgotten. His two seconds of fame are already a distant memory.

If you think there is heat on a forum then just think about the email I get where people get to do it in what they think is an anonymous fashion - there are some pearlers!

I guess that's why people should think when putting down CEO and other member of a Dev team who takes there time to answer question and in your case more. It's your baby and so much money has been spent to produce this or any game for that matter.
PS If there is problems they still need to be pointed out in a nice way.
PS Ross the none stiker bat is not in his hand in the video as others have pointed out. Will this be in the final version of the game or fixed in the future.

Thanks for everything.:clap

cricket_online

ICC Board Member

I wouldn't want you to quote the same set of "template responses" as your interaction on this forum is what makes this one of the better forums to be part of. The "ignore user" issue concern is already water under the bridge once you mentioned you have only ignored 3 users. Somehow I thought number was higher and I didn't want you to miss out on some good points that may benefit the franchise in the longer run.

As for emails and messages, I don't condone it at all. Any questions about the game should be posted on the forum and any one-on-one communication (emails/messages) should only be used for addressing concerns/issues specific to a user and even in that case once you have initiated the communication and/or given the user permission to do so. If not, I would simply ignore all those posts or emails.

Last edited:

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Chief what did you think of the video.:wave

I agree with the majority, and not the attention seekers - It's looking very good indeed and I can't wait to have a bash.

If I had to register one (incredibly minor) objection, no-one seems to have noticed the disappearing bat-stickers at 43secs in... after the abuse the other guys got for having them backwards it feels fair to slap a wrist on that... :)

Users who are viewing this thread