cricket14 2014-07-01 18-03-04-06.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 119
  • cricket14 2014-07-01 18-03-21-41.jpg
    cricket14 2014-07-01 18-03-21-41.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 86

imdahman

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
This approach doesn't work for niche games, which DBC 14 is, and as proof look where did EA Cricket 07 take EA? If a fraction of folks who pirate the game to this day had bought a legal copy, EA wouldn't have shut shop as far as cricket gaming is concerned. I would prefer to make things as hard as possible for pirates coz I'm not a believer in habitual thieves suddenly seeing the light and turning the corner.

For every example you can name that has succeeded, I can name many many, more that have failed.
I'm actually not saying you're wrong, but there's no point citing one gigantic outlier as an example: find something a bit closer to this model and we can talk. However, as someone else has already pointed out, the best examples in this field are the other Cricket games...

Okay, fair enough. I would contend though, that Minecraft most definitely was initially a 'niche' game. Virtual Lego? Why wouldn't you just get the real thing? But You do make good points, and I'm not here to start a flame war or talk shit, lol.

I think that this game has it where it counts, and I honestly think it'll have staying power. Word of mouth is incredibly powerful, and if a community can band together to help push that word of mouth, potentially great things can happen.

Start working on your Lets Play and Twitch streams, people!! :D

shrenik

International Coach
Here's the New Balance Achieve bat I made a while ago.

2014-06-30_00001.jpg
2014-06-30_00002.jpg
2014-06-30_00003.jpg
2014-06-30_00005.jpg

It replaces the ACD bat. Extract and copy the dds to \Users\XXXX\Documents\My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures\characters\sponsors where XXXX is your account name.

A little tip to all those who're working on bat designs - Once you're done with the design, reduce the height of the main front and back stickers to about 90% of the original so that they don't appear stretched.

Attachments

• New Balance - Achieve.zip
    23.4 KB · Views: 88

Aswin8

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
India KitPack 2014 + Nike Bat

cricket14_2014_07_03_00_23_26_62.jpg

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We definitely need more India kit variations for all the Sachin Tendulkar's to wear...

frediskin

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Would be good to see people giving other kits a go I have seen alot of Indian kits lately and they are all very good. But let's see some other teams. I'm gonna try to fix my kiwi kit. Then I might try make others like Zimbabwe, West Indies etc. I also need to get this game on PC

Last edited:

Alberts

International Coach
Would be good to see people giving other kits a go I have seen alot of Indian kits lately and they are all very good. But let's see some other teams. I'm gonna try to fix my kiwi kit. Then I might try make others like Zimbabwe, West Indies etc. I also need to get this game on PC

Takes less than a few minutes on steam. Go and get it!

Anyhow, I've pretty much finished the badge back I've been making for myself. I should be able to chuck up a finalized copy in an hour or so, which includes pretty much every team that is on the game. It was based initially on MattW's international pack, but most have been redone somewhat.

It might be a bit rough here or there, I've made it for my own use, but I'll follow MattW's lead and stick it up for others to use until modding for the game is more finalised and standardized.

Forewarning though, the following changes will need to be made from get best:

Delhi Daredevils => Z-Shield
Mumbai => XCC
Royal Challengers => YCC
Middlesex => X-Shield
Northampton => ZCC

I think that's all the changes that needed to be made due to clashes. If you've got different to the get best I got, or have customised the badges yourself, they'll need to be put to the right ones manually as well.

Alberts

International Coach
The finished version is attached. To install simply extract the file into your Don Bradman Cricket 14 folder in your documents folder. The address should be something like ~Documents\My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14.

If you've already created a textures folder I would highly recommend that you remove it, put this new one in, then re-add the other custom textures you've put in.

As the post above mentions, if you have used 'Get Best' you'll need to make the following changes:

Delhi Daredevils => Z-Shield
Mumbai => XCC
Royal Challengers => YCC
Middlesex => X-Shield
Northampton => ZCC

If you have used another version of the teams (even the originals) then you may have to finally pick the right badges for each team.

The pack includes replacements for most, if not all teams, including the Australian and English domestic sides, BBL, International and IPL sides. The pack was based intially on the one by MattW, although some alternations have been made to most of the original files. The pack includes images for shirt emblems, all menus, the scoreboard and cropped ones for tables.

Please note that this was made for my use, and may at points be a bit rough around the edges, and is only intended as a stop gap before modding in the game as a whole is finalised.

Enjoy

4pbdIEt.jpg

tTWsCXQ.png

Attachments

• textures.7z
    5.2 MB · Views: 375

NEPHILIM

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Would absolutely love to be able to mod the music in this game, LOL

I need some rock&roll before i go out to bat, "feels like real" and "looking good" just aren't doing it for me. :facepalm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread