DBC17 Patch 4 available now on PS4/Xbox One

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Love the realism of LBW I don't use the review system but this pic of Big eye was given out

DSC_0116.JPG

But on a sad note this catch was not given out hope this doesn't happen to often it was caught right at ground level

DSC_0117.JPG

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Any word on whether the uniform not sticking is being addressed. I do think the game is complete enough now (with some minor exceptions) that we can shift to aesthetics. Although in fairness I haven's put in many hours yet so I can't say that for sure. I felt like that before the patch.

francisjery

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hope everyone have noticed the massive improvement in the gameplay after patch 4. I enjoy the game as well.

It was posted that copy uniform is added to the patch. But it only copies the uniform in same team not from other teams.

Ideally it should copy from other teams like DBC14 @BigAntStudios @HBK619

francisjery

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
AI just used all 6 of their bowlers including all rounders against me in a first class 3 day innings. brilliant.
In my match AI used 7 bowlers. Loved the variation. Spinners bowling short ball everything is superb.

But AI changing field every ball or thrice in over is pretty annoying

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I give up with this game. You wait months for your batting average to be correct and what do Big Ant go and do? Make it worse. I'm now showing as two innings in one-day and T20 games thus ruining my batting average. As I previously detailed on this forum I was been given out twice for every First Class dismissal. That's now been backdated to my first season where it was okay so I'm now 'out' four times in every First Class (Two innings) match literally halving my batting average. It's a bloody cricket game. I spent £50, have contributed constructively to this forum and they can't even get bloody batting averages correct!!!

Come on, really. It's a cricket game. It's been out six months and batting averages aren't even correct.

Edit: I see it says it won't correct backdated stats but it's made them worse. So now I have to slog away in a new career for years with no confidence that stats will be correct when I reach county level. Having said that it's now showing two innings for each club T20 match so will be interesting to see what it says after one club T20 match when starting a new career but even if it's correct if I start afresh, I still have no confidence it'll be correct when I reach First Class again.

Last edited:

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
@BigAntStudios
I am really loving the game now. But there are still a few things that I want to point out.

First - Everytime batsman plays a lofted shot square of the wicket and it goes above the shoulder height, it is called a bouncer.

Second - While chasing, before the last ball of the penultimate over is bowled. The score card says 14 runs required off 6 balls (it should be 7) same happens when the last bowl of the innings is bowled 6 required off 0 balls.

Here's a video where I saw these bugs.

Thanks

ShayanTHREE66

School Cricketer
This is my first time posting. I posted the match summary as a Full image and the scorecards as thumbnails.
I played a test match on patch 4 on Xbox One
Match difficulty: Veteran
Batting difficulty: Hard
Bowling Difficulty: Hard
User controller team: Pakistan
Teams and Stadium: Get Best. Downloaded Yesterday.
Overall experience: Certainly patch 4 has improved the game a lot especially with spin bowling. I got 2 bat pads in the game and 4 catches to first slip. The AI sets some queer fields at times but nothing game-breaking. For e.g. Santner bowling to Azhar. Silly Point and Short Leg. I defend one ball and then next bowl field changes to just one silly mid on. The AI bowling was smart. For e.g. Doug Bracewell bowling to Sami Aslam. Bowls 2 short bowls and I pull him down the leg side for 2 fours. Next Bowl he balls even bouncier more wide of leg stump and has me caught down the leg side. The AI batting is realistic. I tempted the batmen to go over the top and they did. The AI also occasionally came down the track to ensure that they do not get beaten by the googly. Change of pace, bowlers, line and length often troubled the AI and I had some really sweet wickets.
5-25-2017_1-54-06_PM.png
5-25-2017_1-54-12_PM.png 5-25-2017_1-54-16_PM.png 5-25-2017_1-54-20_PM.png 5-25-2017_1-54-23_PM.png 5-25-2017_1-54-26_PM.png 5-25-2017_1-54-29_PM.png 5-25-2017_1-54-31_PM.png 5-25-2017_1-54-34_PM.png

JTisme

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Only had the chance to play one game so far one glitch I did notice was i changed my mind and cancelled a run and then non striker was facing and no the over didn't end

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
I give up with this game. You wait months for your batting average to be correct and what do Big Ant go and do? Make it worse. I'm now showing as two innings in one-day and T20 games thus ruining my batting average. As I previously detailed on this forum I was been given out twice for every First Class dismissal. That's now been backdated to my first season where it was okay so I'm now 'out' four times in every First Class (Two innings) match literally halving my batting average. It's a bloody cricket game. I spent £50, have contributed constructively to this forum and they can't even get bloody batting averages correct!!!

Come on, really. It's a cricket game. It's been out six months and batting averages aren't even correct.

Edit: I see it says it won't correct backdated stats but it's made them worse. So now I have to slog away in a new career for years with no confidence that stats will be correct when I reach county level. Having said that it's now showing two innings for each club T20 match so will be interesting to see what it says after one club T20 match when starting a new career but even if it's correct if I start afresh, I still have no confidence it'll be correct when I reach First Class again.
This happened to me but when I walk out to bat it shows the correct stats. Is this the same for you?

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
This happened to me but when I walk out to bat it shows the correct stats. Is this the same for you?

Hi

I was just updating a few teams this morning, didn't really want to be playing when the sun's shining here in the UK but noticed the update so checked my stats and saw they were ruined. I'll have an actual play later in the hope that things are as you say. Many thanks for the response. Probably sound like I'm pulling my hair out but they've achieved so much, made an almost great game for a sport that nobody else can be bothered too. You'd think batting average would be something they could get 100% accurate in every element of the game from the beginning.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
As stated a few times previously, we weren't able to fix up existing incorrectly recorded stats data. The nature of how the issue occurred and how statistics are stored in the game means it isn't possible to go back and recalculate the stats of completed matches, so if something was incorrect prior to the patch, it unfortunately will remain that way after this update.

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I am getting very much perfect game with below slider settings...
common setting for physics I change nothing related to difficulty levels.

Even though I could see that Shami, Zaheer Khan, Ishant bowling 150-170 km/hr but you actually feel that pace which was not visible in 130-145 km/hr levels.

Can any one give me the best slider settings if better than this?

Can some one explain what is ball friction and pitch friction actually does in the match?

I saw outfield more faster by reducing ball friction but pitch friction nothing as visible..

Attachments

• IMG_2027.JPG
    IMG_2027.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 216

Ramz

International Coach
@MattW can you check why the competition modes semi final and finals are being played at SCG instead of host nation home ground? I thought this was sorted out in the beta version?

Users who are viewing this thread