MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
@MattW can you check why the competition modes semi final and finals are being played at SCG instead of host nation home ground? I thought this was sorted out in the beta version?
Are you playing a tournament started before or after the patch?

micgrech

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Still not a lot of variety on bowling lengths. Do the triggers even work??

Ramz

International Coach
Are you playing a tournament started before or after the patch?

After the patch i started a tournament, just tried again did a World Championship, South Africa were the host nation all group games played at the various grounds in south africa, when the quarter final, semi and final take place all at SCG? Please can you get this looked at or guide us on how to get this to work @MattW

Last edited:

riteshagl

County Cricketer
Have been playing the game after patch 4 and really liking it. Will be posting my observations in a couple of days. Just a quick query. I think the hard/medium/ easy values in gameplay modifiers settings are incorrect. I changed the marker time in hard from 13 to 23 (to match marker time of medium difficulty) but the batting experience is completely different from the normal hard setting.

I can hardly touch the ball in this custom setting (which is basically hard setting with increasing marker time) whereas i can bat descent enough in normal hard setting.

Am i doing anything wrong? Please guide me @BigAntStudios @MattW

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I have downloaded custom stadiums and found that eden gardens and Rajiv Gandhi international stadiums are having test matches starting at 2pm with pink ball, can anyone tell me how to modify it to 09:30am and use red ball?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Yeah but really there are three lengths for each actual lenght that can be bowled.....not real variation like dbc14 had?

There are actually 9-12 variants for length. For example you can go with short, good, overpitched or yorker length initially. Then you can use the triggers (L1/R1) to shorten the length or bowl fuller. Thus you have 3 variants for each type leading to 12 different lengths. Obviously it's not as good an option as letting RS control the length but if this option allows the game ability to show the ball marker early, then i'm all for it.[DOUBLEPOST=1495728658][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have downloaded custom stadiums and found that eden gardens and Rajiv Gandhi international stadiums are having test matches starting at 2pm with pink ball, can anyone tell me how to modify it to 09:30am and use red ball?

When you start the match (initial match selection screen), it asks you for the starting time. I generally change it to an 11am start.

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
When you start the match (initial match selection screen), it asks you for the starting time. I generally change it to an 11am start.[/QUOTE]
I mean in career mode ... there is no such option to select

Pat

International Coach
So played extensively today. Patch has made a big difference to the gameplay. I love logo de-duplication. However, unfortunately, there are still quite a few bugs that ideally should be resolved. Highlighting the main ones:

1. Field Editor - It has improved since the last patch but it still does not allow the fields to stick at time and sometimes reverts to random fields in between the match. This should be on BA's priority list if they have planned to work on more patches. Not 100% reproducible, but very often the field editor causes a lot of problems when attempting to change the field before the start of the first delivery of the over (happened way too often in Career mode)
2. Super Over - Super over has field restrictions which is incorrect. Also, my batsmen selection for Super Over was not considered and default openers ended up walking out.
3. Had a crash while in career. Have submitted the report along with a video on PS4.

Sahil180

Club Captain
So played extensively today. Patch has made a big difference to the gameplay. I love logo de-duplication. However, unfortunately, there are still quite a few bugs that ideally should be resolved. Highlighting the main ones:

1. Field Editor - It has improved since the last patch but it still does not allow the fields to stick at time and sometimes reverts to random fields in between the match. This should be on BA's priority list if they have planned to work on more patches. Not 100% reproducible, but very often the field editor causes a lot of problems when attempting to change the field before the start of the first delivery of the over (happened way too often in Career mode)
2. Super Over - Super over has field restrictions which is incorrect. Also, my batsmen selection for Super Over was not considered and default openers ended up walking out.
3. Had a crash while in career. Have submitted the report along with a video on PS4.
I am disappointed by the super over bug where we can't change the batting order, happened with me post patch 4, thought would have been resolved in this patch

micgrech

Club Captain
There are actually 9-12 variants for length. For example you can go with short, good, overpitched or yorker length initially. Then you can use the triggers (L1/R1) to shorten the length or bowl fuller. Thus you have 3 variants for each type leading to 12 different lengths. Obviously it's not as good an option as letting RS control the length but if this option allows the game ability to show the ball marker early, then i'm all for it.[DOUBLEPOST=1495728658][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yep your right..12 variants. But in my opinion I would rather have length control with the right stick. Such a great unique feature of DBC14 and we lost it!

Users who are viewing this thread