Review Demo impressions thread

10dulkar

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
my problem was that whenever i tried to run the demo nothing was happening after opening the demo .exe. but i found a thread in the ashes cricket 2009 forums which contained the game booster. i downloaded the game booster and after installing and running it.
i tried running the demo again and now i can run the demo on my PC, and i am really enjoying it.
it can be helpful for them who are unable to run the demo on their PC's.

here is the link to game Booster. download it and try to run the Demo.. :cheers :cheers

Game Booster | Faster Play, Free Download | Free Game Accelerator Download

Thanks fahad :clap, i am able to play full match in demo. Earlier i was able to play only 7 overs to the maximum then my laptop will shutdown automatically.

Jp619

School Cricketer
PC Impressions

Well done Codemasters for making the first cricket game in ages. Im slightly dissapointed with the PC demo gameplay. Some of the controls are to hard to use. If you want to walk down the pitch and play a lofted cover drive my fingers are stretched all over my keyboard! Some of the player faces are brilliant such as Bopara, Pietersen, Collingwood, Prior, Anderson etc but some of them are rubbish such as Flintoff and Siddle. This may be a demo bug but every time im bowling I normally get about 4 run outs! Hope that dosent happpen in the real game! Im dissapointed that highly rated players cant play a reverse sweep. I am impressed with the PC graphics. They look very similar to Xbox and PS3 graphics. Most of the time the PC game is rubbish compared to PS3 and Xbox. Overall I give 7.5/10!

rockymazza

School Cricketer
In general I think the game is good or at least has potential, however, I am just a little concerned that it could be far too easy. I have played on normal so far on the extended demo and as you will see with the attachment, it is far too easy for me. I am now waiting for the full game to play on hard mode as I fear I will master the game if I play hard mode on the demo. I also have not played much on this demo but it just seems so easy. Particularly with bowling a good line and length and also getting it into the orange/yellow bit...Just seems too easy...can pretty much get it all the time.

The attachment is an innings played recently...There was only 2 run outs.

Please tell me on hard its actually, HARD.
Game on the PC.

Attachments

• Ashescricket2009demo.png
    Ashescricket2009demo.png
    135.7 KB · Views: 19

alioz

Club Cricketer
In general I think the game is good or at least has potential, however, I am just a little concerned that it could be far too easy. I have played on normal so far on the extended demo and as you will see with the attachment, it is far too easy for me. I am now waiting for the full game to play on hard mode as I fear I will master the game if I play hard mode on the demo. I also have not played much on this demo but it just seems so easy. Particularly with bowling a good line and length and also getting it into the orange/yellow bit...Just seems too easy...can pretty much get it all the time.

The attachment is an innings played recently...There was only 2 run outs.

Please tell me on hard its actually, HARD.
Game on the PC.

mate, just try and play it on hard and you will know how difficult it is to play. Hard is really HARD. on hard its a totally different game. You need to give it a go in the demo to know what i am talking about.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
I found it very easy to pick up boundaries in the demo on hard. I chased down about 110 (actually the game drew, I'll get the screenshot when I load up the laptop) in a 10 over game.

CricGameLover

School Cricketer
I installed the game and played the demo. Everything worked fine. The game ran very smoothly.

After installing the demo extender. The game just stopped running. I can't run the game with or without demo extender.

I reinstalled the game 2 times. Nothing is working. Just can't get the game to run now.

Any suggestions?

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is it just me or am I having these scrambled lines with an 'overlayed' effect on top the floor texture.

Users who are viewing this thread