Don Bradman 17 PC Now Available - General Discussion

grkrama

National Board President
I have win 8.1(64 bit), Intel i7-4500 @ 1.8/2.40 Ghz , 8GB RAM , and AMD Radeon HD 8850M (2GB) card on my laptop

I faced several small stutterings with the crowds enabled...the sharpness looked extra & weird..I wish to get those smooth textures of palyers & overall like in those several youtube videos. I cant make out if I wish to get close to those graphics, whether i will neeed max settings or lower settings....but somehow they feel good to the eyes...
I think i will have to tweak around a little...

can you suggest me ideal settings to enable / disable... as to what to play around with especially to remove the sharpness of the textures...is it the bloom or flares or ambient occlusion...

awaiting your reply

Thanx in advance....

One thing i would suggest to try is pressing alt-enter once when you get the stutter and see if it goes away if not twice. also if its still there then you can try using reduced crowd detail they still look good, avoid using highest in character detail ,there is a good bump between high and highest in terms of performance, also avoid AO.
BA do have to look into optimisation a bit more.think they will be doing in further updates.

Is there a way to get the broadcast camera like in the "Ground practice mode" which gives an almost actual TV like feeling , like the camera capturing from the sight screen. Have seen a video of your where you have discussed regarding the same...Awesome it is...I wish they include it in the main gameplay in future patches...
THe current Broadcast camera while fielding or running is like a Spider / drone camera, hardly giving the real feel...

THe only real feel is in the batting broadcast camera till the ball is hit by the batsman...

right now broadcast cams are the best available option i guess, ya the one available in academy would be really nice for broadcast cam users, guess you have to put it in suggestions and feature request to BA.

may be a combo of bowling far and fielding 2 may get you something close not sure.

the link you shared seems of Cricket 07?
thats just link in my signature for mod i made for c07 not part of the post

Last edited:

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
One thing i would suggest to try is pressing alt-enter once when you get the stutter and see if it goes away if not twice. also if its still there then you can try using reduced crowd detail they still look good, avoid using highest in character detail ,there is a good bump between high and highest in terms of performance, also avoid AO.
BA do have to look into optimisation a bit more.think they will be doing in further updates.

Many Thanx @grkrama will definitely try...

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
@grkrama
I had already kept the crowd detail at low & kept the character details at medium ( may be this is the reason for the weird sharpness). Will check the settings suggested by you today ...

But dude I am a fan of the graphics which you have in your videos...

can you share a screenshot of the same...so that i can try getting close to them...

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
@grkrama
I had already kept the crowd detail at low & kept the character details at medium ( may be this is the reason for the weird sharpness). Will check the settings suggested by you today ...

can you share a screenshot of the same...so that i can try getting close to them...

For the best bats:

No Requests - inertSpark81's Creations | Page 15 - (Planet)Cricket Academy on PlanetCricket Forums
The Bats Thread | Page 8 - (Planet)Cricket Academy on PlanetCricket Forums

grkrama

National Board President

These are my settings, but even if you have character to high and crowd to reduced, AO off the game will still look really good
20170128125849_1.jpg 20170128125901_1.jpg

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
@grkrama

How do you capture those amazing replays??

Is it from the auto replay that they give after every 4/6/wicket ? OR
You go to the respective replay ...

can we control the camera in that auto replay view or is it possible only in the manual replay option??

Which screen capture software do you use...I feel like making mine too to recreate gameplay highlights to sit back & enjoy...:cheers

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Last edited:

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Are the default "gameplay modifier values" suitable for a more realistic gameplay feeling or have you guys tweaked them??

Kindly suggest / recommend which of them are really worth tweaking for having a a more realistic & more smoother gameplay...

Thanx

Zaneo

Club Captain
So seriously can anyone tell me how to field of my own bowling after patch 3 I keep using all my upgraded points coz it's annoying me so much just watching the ball trickle past his legs for a single

Users who are viewing this thread