Don Bradman Cricket 17 First Impressions Thread

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Absolutely 100% correct - we are angry customers who feel we have been wronged, he is a CEO, it is literally his job to try and create happy satisfied customers...

It is literally his job to provide the best possible return on investment for the shareholders/stakeholders, of which I believe he is the primary one.

You misunderstand what a CEO does.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
And is pissing off your customers a good way to achieve this goal?

Not entirely sure he sat round the table at briefing on Monday and set out to piss you off.

End of day, most other companies wouldnt give a rats arse if you liked it or not and would not bother conversing with you either.

It will be fixed, it will all be communicated and you will get above and beyond the support your 50 quid or whatever it is entitles you to.

Iv paid the same sum of money for some real trash over the years and it's been left in its shitty state.

The main issue and point is, nothing will happen quicker the more you moan.

If you sent Activision an email, 99% chance you wouldn't get a reply!

R

Royce

Not entirely sure he sat round the table at briefing on Monday and set out to piss you off.

End of day, most other companies wouldnt give a rats arse if you liked it or not and would not bother conversing with you either.

It will be fixed, it will all be communicated and you will get above and beyond the support your 50 quid or whatever it is entitles you to.

Iv paid the same sum of money for some real trash over the years and it's been left in its shitty state.

The main issue and point is, nothing will happen quicker the more you moan.

If you sent Activision an email, 99% chance you wouldn't get a reply!

Yep, cos I'm the only pissed off customer in this scenario...

The reason I'm annoyed is because they said they would contact me, then didn't...

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
And is pissing off your customers a good way to achieve this goal?

I think you inflate your influence.

Bottom line is, I would say the majority opinion of the forum that has played the game is one of disappointment, from slight to pretty strong.

The majority (I think) are also accepting that the major issues are being looked at and will be fixed as far as possible.

If a vocal minority want to hijack every thread banging on the same points, that's their prerogative but I don't think it's BAs responsibility to attempt to assuage a couple of forum loudmouths in all honesty.

There are very good things in this game. There are very bad things in this game. On balance my personal take is its fun overall (my rating was 3.25 out of 5) but that is mostly due to how much bowling is improved. I can understand why others who concentrate on batting would give it a lower score.

You've made points about the game, some or all of which lots of people agree with. BA have made a clear statement that issues are being looked at. One patch is out and they've stated they are looking at more. What further benefit is derived from rehashing the same points, page after page?

I personally will give BA the benefit of the doubt for the following reasons:
1) i have seen in DBC14 the improvements and response to constructive feedback BA delivered. We can argue about how it should be better from release, and i'm sympathetic to that point but no studio can give it the amount of playtesting the release gives it. BA will use that feedback to improve the game.
2) the mere fact BA put the feature of allowing to bring DBC14 players through gives them huge credit in the bank for me personally. It's unique in games as far as I am aware and was a specific request of mine. That's user feedback in action and an example of what you get with engaging properly with BA. Fair to say me & @Ross have not always seen eye to eye but if you give constructive feedback he respects it and listens.

You can either make your points and move on, or keep wittering away to the diminishing band of people actually prepared to read and engage with you.

Offie McOff face

School Cricketer
To be fair to him (God I feel dirty right now) if Ross did indeed say someone would get in contact with him (and I do remember Ross saying that to someone) and they haven't, then you can understand why someone would be annoyed by that.

Saying that, Royce hasn't exactly gone out of his way to make Ross and BA want to engage with him either! (ahh that feels better!)

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
To be fair to him (God I feel dirty right now) if Ross did indeed say someone would get in contact with him (and I do remember Ross saying that to someone) and they haven't, then you can understand why someone would be annoyed by that.

Saying that, Royce hasn't exactly gone out of his way to make Ross and BA want to engage with him either! (ahh that feels better!)

If BA told me they'd be in touch with me about an issue, and instead of waiting for that I filled up every thread with the same constant nonsense, it'd be clear to me why they decided I couldn't be trusted to give proper feedback on the issue and didn't contact me.

Nobody to blame but himself.

R

Royce

royce im going out on a limb here, after reading your initial review and then reading comment after comment on many different threads would i be correct in believing you arent entirely happy with the product you recieved ?

Don't do that lol :P no-one wants me to have more of an opportunity to post again...

kasabian21

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
After playing this game at least 5/6 hours a day since it has been released I can categorically state that I like it. A lot. Yes, there are shortcomings as have been discussed elsewhere, but the bowling and gameplay modifiers are incredible. Granted, I enjoy the bowling side of things more so than the batting, but the replay value that the bowling and sliders will provide for everyone is enormous. Despite preferring bowling to batting I have found that putting it in pro mode and turning the commentary off gives me the best batting experience, therefore (despite the issues that clearly need to be addressed) I'm more than happy to play the game as it currently stands. The exciting thing? In the words of D:Ream, "things can only get better".

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
After playing this game at least 5/6 hours a day since it has been released I can categorically state that I like it. A lot. Yes, there are shortcomings as have been discussed elsewhere, but the bowling and gameplay modifiers are incredible. Granted, I enjoy the bowling side of things more so than the batting, but the replay value that the bowling and sliders will provide for everyone is enormous. Despite preferring bowling to batting I have found that putting it in pro mode and turning the commentary off gives me the best batting experience, therefore (despite the issues that clearly need to be addressed) I'm more than happy to play the game as it currently stands. The exciting thing? In the words of D:Ream, "things can only get better".

For all the random stuff I've read on this forum I never thought I'd hear someone quote D:Ream.

D

Deleted member 46200

I tried my best not to comment here but its just too much now:

Firstly review after playing the game for 25+ hrs.

Goods:
Graphics
Skip feature during AI batting
AutoSave between overs
Female teams

Bads:
Pretty much everything mentioned by those giving their "opinion"

The biggest bad is the way the so called "Developers" from BigAnts and CEO reply back to any criticism. Instead of acknowledging there are frequent crashes etc which they can see for themselves on Youtube or heaven forbid maybe play DBC17 themselves.
You guys @ BigAnts are soo childish and defensive, any criticsm ends in trantrum and then you have you usual ass lickers who say "return the game" or "Even FIFA needed 2 months for a patch" well let me tell you EA never replied back to someone by swearing at them. You guys are the most un-professional piece of work i've seen. Am glad to say I've returned this piece of shit of a game and got my money back.

As usual you have released a beta game on console and then will do the fix for PC. You do this purposely and you did the same with DBC14 - I presume you do it so people buy DBC in console and then buy in PC too.
Last time around Ross acted like piece of turd too when people mentioned glitches, which magically started to get fixed with the PC version release.... hmmmm

Instead of being a defensive idiot listen to what the so called customers are saying to you. Trust me half these ass lickers are the types who if they were slaves will be happy with being shown sunlight once a month... they are the same people who will say "other slaves see the sunlight once every 2 month".

Grow up BigAnt team.

Any criticism is frowned upon and you are subjected to abuse for simple things like asking for Stat tracking and basic game play improvements never ask developers questions or criticise, they don't like it and their hench men will single you out.

D

Deleted member 46200

Any criticism is frowned upon and you are subjected to abuse for simple things like asking for Stat tracking and basic game play improvements never ask developers questions or criticise, they don't like it and their hench men will single you out.

It's sad were talking about not being able to complain than actually discussing the object of what we're supposed to be doing and playing cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread