Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

Bluebagger

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In DBC 14 you have to play those deliveries much later. Spin was my downfall because I would play way too early. I'm assuming in DBC 17 it'll be the same.

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In DBC 14 you have to play those deliveries much later. Spin was my downfall because I would play way too early. I'm assuming in DBC 17 it'll be the same.
Me too mate... I thought it would get easier in DBC 17, but my hopes are gradually decreasing as the updates are being rolled on..
P.S. I don't blame BA for this(and i can't), it's just that I can't get used to it.:facepalm:facepalm

Chief

Panel of Selectors
I've just seen the release date listed for the first time on a industry site... But I can't find that SPY emoji, so it will have to remain undetected. :)

NexxusDrako

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey guys. Noticed you had a bunch of team commentary names local to me, but there's no Healesville! D:
What would it take to get that added in? Pretty sure our cricket team is one of the best in the Yarra Valley region, though sadly there doesn't seem to be any other Yarra Valley teams. :(

D

Deleted member 9102

Hey guys. Noticed you had a bunch of team commentary names local to me, but there's no Healesville! D:
What would it take to get that added in? Pretty sure our cricket team is one of the best in the Yarra Valley region, though sadly there doesn't seem to be any other Yarra Valley teams. :(
We had this thread a couple of weeks ago;

Your name in the game! - Don Bradman Cricket 17 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

You could request your name/team name for it to be in the game but the deadline has passed so you may have missed the boat :(.

relaxedanderson

County Cricketer
My first proper feedback for the game.

Looking good! Few gremlins but I'm sure they'll be ironed out.

Only things I would want in the game so far are some sort of eyedropper tool and proper RGB colour options in the logo creator; and at least some sort of option to have women playing against men. I know my niece is very excited about the game and she has already created herself (more girls hairdos I've been told to ask) but she really wants to be able to bat against Anderson, Broad, Steyn etc.

Don't put it as a default or random selection but if someone wants to put a woman in a team for their own game then it should be an option.

Edit: Also, how about some sort of linseed tint for the older bat designs? Back in the old days a bat would have to last you five or six seasons and you would spend more time oiling it than you spent with your children.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9102

Edit: Also, how about some sort of linseed tint for the older bat designs? Back in the old days a bat would have to last you five or six seasons and you would spend more time oiling it than you spent with your children.
Agreed, a few different textures for the wood or an option to change the tint manually would be nice :).

Also I think in career mode at the lower levels like club/junior, the bats should look a bit worse for wear and have a few cherry marks rather than looking brand new at the start of every innings. Maybe even have an option in the Academy for a team/player for whether their bat is "new" or "used". Could add a little touch of realism to those lower level/amateur teams where the players won't have new kit every match.

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Well why not have "weight divisions" as a publicity stunt?
I am so tired of this equality political correctness... the reasons girls play with girls in any sport(not just cricket), is the same reason why boxers box in the same weight division, underage players play with people in there own age group. Its not discrimination, its fair, it encourages sportsman of all different abilities, skills, age, and sex that there is a certain division tailored to there own "playing field". Literally a place or division where they can start a sport without being intimidated. In all fairness to women, it wouldn't be safe to place her out in the middle to face mitchell johnson on astro, when mitchell johnson is bowling nearly 40 kmh faster than any thing she would have faced before against girls. Also the same reason why the australian selectors dont pluck someone bloke from the bush playing 3rd grade to open the batting, its just NOT SAFE!

P.s not saying men are better, just that its not safe.. i watched alot of the wbbl that was on t.v and the girls are just as skillful, if not more so than some men

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread