Don Bradman Cricket Academy V 1.00 Beta is available (Updated 28/03)

I don't like the pro cam - might get used to it eventually but at the moment I have no idea where my stumps are or even if I'm left or right handed ;)
The close batter cam is excellent though; gives you far more chance of reading the ball than the far one.

I don't like the pro cam - might get used to it eventually but at the moment I have no idea where my stumps are or even if I'm left or right handed ;)
The close batter cam is excellent though; gives you far more chance of reading the ball than the far one.

I was really looking forward to the Pro cam but I have the same problem. It can also be vomit inducing.;)

Agreed, the close camera is my favourite so far. It's much easier to judge the length of the ball than in the Far camera imo.

The Pro camera is a nice idea and I'm glad it's there, it's just that you don't really have the freedom to look around during the delivery with a controller and often the arms get in the way of you seeing the ball after the shot - I imagine with the Oculus Rift it would be fantastic though!

This is the first cricket game I've played where it "feels" like cricket - once I got used to the controls I was almost in autopilot mode in terms of timing and shot selection because it relates to the real life technique quite closely.

Ross, I noticed that when you change the difficulty it notifies you that online games are locked into a certain difficulty, which will this be? Or will it be up to the host/matchmaking filters? The higher the better in my opinion - I think this game should punish bad shot selection/tactics online, in AC09 (only cricket game I've played online) you could simply mindlessly slog away with little consequence!

I'm doing a 27 hour net for charity next year, and I am actually trying to bat for two hour spells in this game to work on my concentration.. And yes you do go into autopilot, pushing the sticks around like they were real bat and legs.. Great stuff

Great to have nets looking forward to try it out (Thanks BA Studios) just started the download also needs to fix ps3 controller on my PC.

Guys can you please explain the role of D-Pad (for nets), am not getting any response for D-pad buttons, (while the analog indicator is on)
Controller: Enter E-GPV Gamepad

Guys can you please explain the role of D-Pad (for nets), am not getting any response for D-pad buttons, (while the analog indicator is on)
Controller: Enter E-GPV Gamepad

Go through the controls and you will see that we don't need D-pad during batting practice.

Right, so I've just spent 2 hours looking around, tweaking a few things and having a look at the nets. My thoughts...

Holy shit, the graphic improvement in this update is absolutely off the charts balls to the throat beautiful. Bats now have little logos on the top of their handles (the traditional size-stamp) in a lovely little detail orientated touch. Again, Ross... your graphics guys have gone above with this, something I almost posted months ago as a suggestion but thought to myself it was such a teeny tiny detail, but obviously there's a like-minded guy in your office who I'll shout a beer if we ever meet.

Keeping on with the bats, the grain has changed as well, it's much cleaner now and look like the absolute best quality bats you could find in a professional sports shop. The lighting effects now make the "stickers" gleam a little when you turn the bats, looks ridiculously cool. I feel like I'm shopping. I think I saw one or two new designs from your art team, which again look like they could be the real things (including the lovely classic-looking clean Bradman one... I LOVE those classic style of bats). My only wish is that I could go back and re-redesign the TGGI bat to fit a little more with the aesthetic in the game, but I think it still works.

There's also this bad boy...

attachment.php

...in the game now. I'll flick a message to OB but wow, looks BEAUTIFUL and better than I could've expected.

Skin textures, lighting... hair... it's all been upgraded for the player creator. The angles on things like noses seem a little tighter and I'm definitely going to have to go in and tweak my created players after neglecting them for the last few updates. They're looking a bit strange now with the aging features really coming into play with the beautiful graphic updates. There's really nice subtle skin tones and textures which look more obvious when the aging features are pushed up a bit, so I think I can make myself look a little older now, heh.

I've had a really brief play with the nets session, I'm feeling a little rough this morning, so when I'm a bit more awake I'll delve deep into it, but I'm pretty impressed. It's a complete change from any other cricket game, controls feel totally alien to me so I'm glad I get to practice on the beta. Looks like my Laptop is running it perfectly with no lag and looking at a few videos there's a few things to discover. So I'll have a decent play around and get to grips with the controls and give some feedback.

Overall, I could give a shit if I sound like a sycophantic brought-and-paid for BigAnt fanboy because this game is the real f#$king deal and to reset the palette afterwards I cranked up AC09 and couldn't even get past the comparison of the MENUS for crying out loud. The whole presentation is a step above, everything is so slick, so well designed and so totally thought out I simply cannot BELIEVE this is a cricket game we're getting which has so much creativity, attention to detail and thought behind it.

So haters come at me, because I'm sold. If you're not, do everyone a favor and delete your account here because we're a group of cricket games lovers and I unreservedly love everything about this game.

EDIT:

Beard/Facial hair colour palettes have changed quite substantially too, so some created players will need to be tweaked again if they have facial hair, just FYI to the creators out there.

Attachments

• 010Gear-Bat.png
    010Gear-Bat.png
    45.9 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Or translated for our younger Asian friends...

:thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :) :) :)

Anyone else notice the track titled ''Rokit'' in the Academy sounds similar to Boydyrockers ''I like the way you move'' :spy

Users who are viewing this thread