Download the Cricket Revolution Demo!

P

pcfan123

Not really, they are probably making final changes, no point in letting people who have bought it try an inferior and incomplete product. Many might not even be aware that it is a beta since they think have bought the full game itself.

Valaskjalf

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Pretty impressed with the "demo" actually...its strange but Im able to run the thing on highest settings without a skip and a jump in the framerates, whereas I couldnt even get AC2009 demo up and running on the high setting.

Anyhoo, its pretty enjoyable and not sure why people moan about the controls really its pretty straight forward - all i did was improvise a little, take a quick glance at how the shots work and then sort of guess the combination and so far Ive been doing that quite accurately.

Batting is fun and I dig the slog sweep over cow corner it looks rad, the bowling is a little slow though and the bowling curser, like many have pointed out, is a little sensitive.

I was wondering though, when I tried to run the game Antivir picked up TONS of viruses, it was so bad that I had to disable it in order to run the game! All kinds of backdoor trojans - anyone else got that problem?

molokoplus

School Cricketer
Not really, they are probably making final changes, no point in letting people who have bought it try an inferior and incomplete product. Many might not even be aware that it is a beta since they think have bought the full game itself.

Yeah you have a point some people might start complaining and that would detract others from buying but on the other hand:
a- it would be a nice gesture to people who have shown confidence in them to deliver a good game
b- it would show that they have confidence in their game.

But I know it's not gonna happen, mine was more of a wish than a suggestion:)

abfo

School Cricketer
hey guys...

just been playing the demo since 2 days..and im really satisfied with a lot of departments. Probably graphics(which arent THAT bad anyway) and the slow bowling run-ups are the only -ve's i can list here. Apart from that the batting and bowling depth is VERY nice and satisfying.

Looking forward to buy this game as soon as it releases.
Thank you mindstorm for providing us with the demo and hope the game is a success!!!.
Go mindstorm! :)

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Press Esc to jump scenes. I do not know if it works in net practice.

irshadahsan

School Cricketer
u know what guys this cricket is awsume...... i had played the training nets a lot. and still playing.. and i am dying to play this original.... can't wait for release...

fanirama

Associate Cricketer
Downloaded the demo from Steam and installed and played it. My thoughts -

Pluses -->
+ Great to see it on steam
+ Good to see more cricket games being developed
+ batting practice nets/feel was decent
+ loved the Tab to see all the shot choices. Beautiful touch. Easy to prep up your next shot
+ after a while, I started getting better at the gameplay ( it took time because the timings on shots are not well thought out ) and the game seemed a little fun

Minuses -->
- horrible controls. They are counter-intuitive. I wasn't hitting a single shot and then I figured out that you need to hit when the circle turns yellow mid-way through the bowlers run-up.
This is a very poor control choice and not very intuitive. EA Cricket games have the best control scheme which is very easy pick up and play. ( dir arrows for shot + wasd + shift modifier was superb )
- shots seemed to be going in a preset direction always
- ball seemed too soft and fluffy instead of the hard cork ball feeling. Felt like I was hitting a plastic ball
- ball thump not with that oomph.
- needs more sound effects when bowler runs up and you can hear the swoosh and all those other sound effects
- did not get a chance to try out the full game which is a shame. At least 4 overs per side would've been awesome since I need to know if I can simulate parts of game
( x overs, inning, wicket etc. )
- graphics are not too great. Just decent. Missing several higher resolutions like 1650x1080, 1680x1050 ( which is my monitor )
- changing control layout is needlessly painful. You need to assign a temp key first if its already taken to swap keys.
- choice of using Left ctrl,left alt, left shift not ideal since its not well laid out on keyboard as is

Other thoughts -->
= did not try bowling yet
= did not see if there was any online
= did not see what match choices were there ( tournaments, 20/20, world cups, custom cups etc. )

Cheweydog_aust

Club Cricketer
it only goes to 1440 :( & looks very plain, Looks like directX8 graphics

It might run ok BUT looks to old for todays standards, good for low end PC's or laptops

Prob thats why its only $22.50 US - more like a arcade game BUT might be better then ashes 09 lol well if the patch dont come out REV will be better prob - I just hate the graphics & I have everything on MAX

maybe full game will look better, I aint knocking the game it just looks old thats all

cheers

also if u dont have controller software, get used to the keyboard

Users who are viewing this thread