England tour of India (5 Tests)

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Had a quick look at the detailed scorecard- Wood has just bowled 2 overs. Stokes-nil.

India was bound to score at a superior rate. I feel England missed a trick by not playing Anderson here- he was their most economical bowler over the last few Indian tours.

Welwyn

Associate Cricketer
Had a quick look at the detailed scorecard- Wood has just bowled 2 overs. Stokes-nil.

India was bound to score at a superior rate. I feel England missed a trick by not playing Anderson here- he was their most economical bowler over the last few Indian tours.

I agree with that earlier point that I am not sure Jimmy is that same bowler. But THIS is Bazball, it's not just batting quickly, it's a complete disregard for economy with the ball. Constant aggression.

Supreme General

County Cricketer

wood has bowled 6 overs now and stokes is physically unable to bowl and has been for a long time now

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
India ain't playing Bazball, they are simply toying with mediocre bowling.

Wood bowling 4 more overs in a test match means nothing. If Stokes isn't bowling, they are at a disadvantage. Now, I dunno the exact reasons, but does seem like Stokes and Baz seem to be doing unconventional things. It has backfired sadly.

Bigby Wolf

Verified
India
Mumbai Indians
The Boys
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
For some reason, this series jsut hasn;t captured the fever that usually surrounds a Ind-Aus series. Feels quite drab!

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
For some reason, this series jsut hasn;t captured the fever that usually surrounds a Ind-Aus series. Feels quite drab!
Combination of factors; firstly, Australia are the better team and secondly, the Border-Gavaskar is a near-Ashes level rivalry whereas England have eyes for none but Australia

Users who are viewing this thread