England tour of India (5 Tests)

Had a quick look at the detailed scorecard- Wood has just bowled 2 overs. Stokes-nil.

India was bound to score at a superior rate. I feel England missed a trick by not playing Anderson here- he was their most economical bowler over the last few Indian tours.

Had a quick look at the detailed scorecard- Wood has just bowled 2 overs. Stokes-nil.

India was bound to score at a superior rate. I feel England missed a trick by not playing Anderson here- he was their most economical bowler over the last few Indian tours.

I agree with that earlier point that I am not sure Jimmy is that same bowler. But THIS is Bazball, it's not just batting quickly, it's a complete disregard for economy with the ball. Constant aggression.

wood has bowled 6 overs now and stokes is physically unable to bowl and has been for a long time now

India ain't playing Bazball, they are simply toying with mediocre bowling.

Wood bowling 4 more overs in a test match means nothing. If Stokes isn't bowling, they are at a disadvantage. Now, I dunno the exact reasons, but does seem like Stokes and Baz seem to be doing unconventional things. It has backfired sadly.

For some reason, this series jsut hasn;t captured the fever that usually surrounds a Ind-Aus series. Feels quite drab!

For some reason, this series jsut hasn;t captured the fever that usually surrounds a Ind-Aus series. Feels quite drab!
Combination of factors; firstly, Australia are the better team and secondly, the Border-Gavaskar is a near-Ashes level rivalry whereas England have eyes for none but Australia

Users who are viewing this thread