England's tour of India (Nov '16/Feb '17)

Dhawan has an outstanding odi record almost equivalent to Root and smith but the thing is when he is out of touch he looks nothing but a mediocre player.
8 of his 9 hundreds have come in winning causes and averages 43 with the bat.

Yeah saw this somewhere on the twitter[DOUBLEPOST=1485103423][/DOUBLEPOST]Rishabh Pant , Oooh Waiting to see his batting in the T20s

KL Rahul is better option than single digit Dhawan. He atleast scores some runs than Dhawan.
When did he perform in The Zimbabwe series, eh? Dhawan also performed in the Australia series in the start of 2016...

Is he the only BEST option? Dinesh Karthik can even open if required. Rishabh Pant smashes everything that comes on his way. Parthiv Patel has recently won Ranji Trophy for his domestic team Gujarat etc...
Parthiv Patel is a nice option, but I don't see him coming in the squad without any testing in the ODI format...

Rishabh Pant? Are you serious? He is a great talent but it is too early to trust on him to be the opening partner of Rohit Sharma for a tournament in England (one of the most difficult places to bat in)... Seeing his approach, he won't stand a chance against the likes of Rabada, Junaid and Steyn in England

Dinesh Karthik is an apt replacement as he also played in last CT... But I don't see him coming into the side with no testing..

And Jadhav did same mistake what MSD did, not trusting the non striker who's capable of batting... After all no complaints, what's done is done.

Dhoni did that with a batsman like Ambati Rayudu, Jadhav did it with Bhuvaneshwar Kumar whose batting is not great shakes for a situation where you need more than 2 runs every ball with 12-13 balls to go.

Dhoni did that with a batsman like Ambati Rayudu, Jadhav did it with Bhuvaneshwar Kumar whose batting is not great shakes for a situation where you need more than 2 runs every ball with 12-13 balls to go.
I've said what's done is done, no complaints, but when Jadhav hit that to long on the required was 6 off 4.

India can't make any new changes to the opening spot for the CT because time is not available. Therefore we have to trust Rahane, Rohit. Only option we have is to take Rahul instead of Dhawan. Dhawan has had too many chances and he has not proved at all. Rahul is just starting out and has so much potential that he needs to be backed and given chances. For CT, I would take Rahul, Rahane and Rohit as our openers. I would also take Parthiv Patel as our backup keeper who if need be can open the innings for us.

When did he perform in The Zimbabwe series, eh? Dhawan also performed in the Australia series in the start of 2016...
Test series in Australia? Tour against West Indies? Format maybe different but the one who plays test series that too on foreign conditions is equivalent to ODI in India.

Why didn't he get selected for 2015 WC for his experience even though he was performing fabulously in domestic series at that time
Well, was he? Did a quick search on Cricinfo... and it turns out that, in list A cricket, he made 208 runs from 9 innings at an average of 26... With an highest score of 56....

Test series in Australia? Tour against West Indies? Format maybe different but the one who plays test series that too on foreign conditions is equivalent to ODI in India.
We'll see that when India plays him in the first match against Pakistan...

Also, if you quote that Test series in Australia, the CWC happened just after the series... Who was the highest scorer in the tournament for India? If you say about The T20 century against West Indies, didn't India win the Asia Cup T20 because of the Dhawan's batting in the final...

Well, was he? Did a quick search on Cricinfo... and it turns out that, in list A cricket, he made 208 runs from 9 innings at an average of 26... With an highest score of 56....
List A is different, ODI is different. Didn't you watch IPL last season? He won us (RCB) 3 games under pressure when 2-3 wickets were down. What wonders did Dhawan till now? Two years almost and he has got nearly 10+ chances which he hasn't proved yet. Shouldn't we give Rahul more chances so that he can justify his selection? At least 10+ chances what Dhawan got.

Also, if you quote that Test series in Australia, the CWC happened just after the series... Who was the highest scorer in the tournament for India? If you say about The T20 century against West Indies, didn't India win the Asia Cup T20 because of the Dhawan's batting in the final...
List A is different, ODI is different. Didn't you watch IPL last season? He won us (RCB) 3 games under pressure when 2-3 wickets were down. What wonders did Dhawan till now? Two years almost and he has got nearly 10+ chances which he hasn't proved yet. Shouldn't we give Rahul more chances so that he can justify his selection? At least 10+ chances what Dhawan got.

So what you are saying is - Come On, Let's Give This Sir. Shikhar Dhawan Another Chance?
Let he justify his chances he got first in domestic series, IPL, then hope for another chance. Yuvi has done it for the past two years and he is back in the team for two formats.

In that experience prospective, even GG is better than Dhawan. He is at least performing in domestic series which Dhawan didn't, being the part of same team as GG i.e, Delhi.

So what you are saying is - Come On, Let's Give This Sir. Shikhar Dhawan Another Chance?
No you misunderstood me.... I mean to say, we'll see what Rahul does against Pakistan in the first match

No you misunderstood me.... I mean to say, we'll see what Rahul does against Pakistan in the first match
Rohit and Ajinkya will be the 1st choice as openers while Rahul will be backup opener.

The thing is Rahul / Dhawan / Rahane all have shaky ODI record. Rahul is new, but he didn't do anything this series. Rahane and Dhawan currently are not playing well in ODI. We need to choose one among these three for CT. We should not call Pant or anyone else for that matter as they will be directly going to play in the big tournament without any practice and mainly it's in England. Telling Pant to open in England in one of the big tournament is not an option. We need to see how these three ( Rahul / Rahane / Dhawan ) play in IPL and select accordingly.

Not a fan of selecting player from IPL, but no other choice. If none of the three perform well in IPL, team might go with Dhawan as he has good understanding with Rohit and he won MOS in last CT with Rahane as back-up.

PS- Not a fan of Dhawan. But I just told what I thought could happen.

And coming to today's match, Jadhav gave us hope when I was dead sure we will loose after MSD got out. But when we needed 6 from 4, I thought we will win. Unfortunately he couldn't get us through. But I am happy that this happened now and not in other critical match because Jadhav would have learned a lot from this match alone and it will help him understand the game well. By the way, how calm is Jadhav ! Wow. I am happy he is finally being recognized.

Rishabh Pant is a tailor-made T20 batsman ........ & sure that he'll play all the 3 T20s , no matter if he do fail !

He has to play more domestic matches before he could make his steps in the ODIs

Users who are viewing this thread