England's tour of India (Nov '16/Feb '17)

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Kedar Jadhav is a great find for India. He is already leading from the middle-order.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
With Jadhav arriving in international cricket, hope Manish Pandey also soon gets the chance to arrive for good. Pandey has been in fringes for too long and somehow lost the pecking spot to Jadhav. With Jadhav and Pandey anchoring upper and lower middle order, India will be in super shape for batting. Sad thing is until Yuvraj stays in there, Pandey will find it tough to get in. And I think Yuvraj will stay in there for sometime now, after that 150 innings.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
After a competitive 3 match odi series here is some review of what India gained and what remain to be gained in T20I series:
- Yuvraj Singh back in his 2011 WC touch (not completely though, we need to give him more time).
- Lost captain cool Dhoni but the same old dangerous Dhoni is back into action.
- Found a reliable captain who can play under pressure.
- A new pair of finishers in Kedar Jadav and Hardik Pandya were discovered.
- The opening pair is the main concern here. We need to figure it out as soon as possible.
- Death bowling has been pathetic considering the bowling department we have.
- A reliable experienced finisher at the middle or lower order who can finish off the things without any pressure. (Hardik and Jadav are too young in terms of experience to take that role)
- Ashwin is not having that charishma which he has in test cricket. Amit Mishra or Jayant Yadav are appropriate replacement for him.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
The thing is Rahul / Dhawan / Rahane all have shaky ODI record. Rahul is new, but he didn't do anything this series. Rahane and Dhawan currently are not playing well in ODI. We need to choose one among these three for CT. We should not call Pant or anyone else for that matter as they will be directly going to play in the big tournament without any practice and mainly it's in England. Telling Pant to open in England in one of the big tournament is not an option. We need to see how these three ( Rahul / Rahane / Dhawan ) play in IPL and select accordingly.

Not a fan of selecting player from IPL, but no other choice. If none of the three perform well in IPL, team might go with Dhawan as he has good understanding with Rohit and he won MOS in last CT with Rahane as back-up.

PS- Not a fan of Dhawan. But I just told what I thought could happen.
That is what I was trying to explain the whole time[DOUBLEPOST=1485145879][/DOUBLEPOST]
- Ashwin is not having that charishma which he has in test cricket. Amit Mishra or Jayant Yadav are appropriate replacement for him.
Would go with Amit Mishra or Axar Patel rather than Jayant Yadav....

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
That is what I was trying to explain the whole time[DOUBLEPOST=1485145879][/DOUBLEPOST]
Would go with Amit Mishra or Axar Patel rather than Jayant Yadav....
Axar Patel is similar to Jaddu. Either Amit Mishra or Kuldeep Yadav would be better along with Jaddu.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Axar Patel is similar to Jaddu. Either Amit Mishra or Kuldeep Yadav would be better along with Jaddu.
Kuldeep hasn't played any international match yet. Jayant will be better option in my opinion.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Kuldeep hasn't played any international match yet. Jayant will be better option in my opinion.
I am not talking in reference with CT. I am talking for post CT. For CT, Ashwin will go for sure with Mishra as back up.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I am not talking in reference with CT. I am talking for post CT. For CT, Ashwin will go for sure with Mishra as back up.
Mishra is a good boy. :D

grkrama

National Board President
Should we recall him to the T20 team?

i wouldnt mind seeing him back though :D

was watching this series with all the bangflash 350+ cricket, somehow went and saw the highlights of wc2003 semifinal what a match that was, the ODI then chasing 270 against wasim, younis, akthar hurling at 154 k, afridi with those rippers at 100k for spin, that somehow feels so complete to watch.

grkrama

National Board President
Seriously I feel for Rahane. He is a serious talent and should be opening regularly in ODIs. Hasn't been given regular chances and hence bats under pressure. And gets an unplayable ball. I would love if he is told that you have one full series at least giving him the security and freedom to express himself.

He is talented alright and skilled too, but he has huge attitude probs with odi, the same guy that took on MJ in tests will look to rotate senselessly, often play the runner role etc. The onyl time he iwll be useldull would be in really testing opening wkts. which are too rare in odis now. i wouldnt back dhwan much too, once he enters a rut he stays there too long. Vijay would be a better otion over all while we groom someone young.

Users who are viewing this thread