MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Obviously the biggest factor in choosing your team is knowing how the teams are scored.

Picking a team:
Firstly, you pick the team based on the 11 player slots and 5 reserves. For ODIs and T20s the 11 players are 5 batsmen, 1 wicket keeper and 5 bowlers; for Tests, there are 5 batsmen, 1 wicket keeper, 1 all rounder and 4 bowlers.

This matters for one main reason - players you select as batsmen lose 30 points if they are out for a duck, wicket keepers and all rounders lose 20 points, while bowlers don't lose anything. You can put all rounders in either a batting, bowling or all rounder slot, but they will be scored based on where you put them.

Batting:
Unless you get out for a duck as mentioned above, batsmen score 1 point for every run they get.

There is a bonus given for every 100 runs, 15 points in Tests, 25 points in ODIs and 50 points in T20s - the difference is because of the increased impact of centuries in shorter forms of the game, and the lower chance of scoring a double or triple century.

Bowling:
For each over a bowler bowls they are given a number of points - representing a good economy rate - 3 points per over in Tests, 5 points in ODIs and 7 points in T20s. For every run they concede they lose a point, and if they bowl a maiden they get a bonus of that 3/5/7 points.

In addition, each wicket a bowler gets scores them 30 points, with a 50 point bonus given for 5 wicket hauls.

Fielding:
10 points is given to a fielder making a catch, and 10 points for a run out or stumping. Where there is a thrower and a player removing the bails, both will get points for the same run out. A bowler gets points for the catch as well in a caught and bowled.

Captain and Bonus Players:
The player you select as captain will receive double points, while the bonus players you pick will get 1.2x their score.

Substitutions:
When a player is substituted, they will earn no further points in the game, with your substitute's points used from the round after you made the change.

If you replace a bonus player or captain, the new player will not get those bonuses.

Questions?
If you have a question about the scoring, ask below!

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There should be points for Man of the Match.
Yes. Agreed 1000% 1.5x points if a Player if a player is man of the Match, 1.8x if
bonus.png
Player and 3x if
captain.png

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Points for MOTM were considered - my argument against it is that it isn't something you can predict as such - there's no set criteria for MOTM and it's often debatable after each match.

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Yes. Agreed 1000% 1.5x points if a Player if a player is man of the Match, 1.8x if
bonus.png
Player and 3x if
captain.png

Without complicating things I will just go with MoM at the moment.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
But we have to use the original MOTM, not a manual to debate - Just you can add a radio box in the codes of a match. Considering this straight away a 3x normal points.
Without complicating things I will just go with MoM at the moment.

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Points for MOTM were considered - my argument against it is that it isn't something you can predict as such - there's no set criteria for MOTM and it's often debatable after each match.
Nothing is predictable in Cricket. We cant predict who will score and who will take wickets. So giving out 30-40 points to MoTM shouldn't be any problem in my opinion.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Nothing is predictable in Cricket. We cant predict who will score and who will take wickets. So giving out 30-40 points to MoTM shouldn't be any problem in my opinion.
But you can predict who are good players, who is in form, etc. The MOTM is a subjective decision, in a particular match there's often two or three players who you could say should have been MOTM, I don't want that to have an impact on who wins.

The FC system already rewards the best players with a high score - I don't think we need to add a bonus because someone has decided that one particular player was the 'best'.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
The choice of captain is quite similar to choosing which player will win the MoM. Can't reward the same player twice. If you think a player would do well, choose him as your captain.

dancingmongoose

International Coach
Do players get points for bowling even if they are not in a bowler slot?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Do players get points for bowling even if they are not in a bowler slot?
Yes.

The only difference based on slots is that players in the batting, all-rounder or wicket keeper slots lose points for getting a duck, whereas those in bowling slots don't. Otherwise all points are equal regardless of position.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
So we should put Eoin Morgan in a bowlers slot, then?
That applies for ARs, you can't put a batter in bowling slot it will rollback to its original place. :)

Users who are viewing this thread