Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
yes if a modder can induce edges then developers can do a lot better
I would really like to see what they have in store for gameplay side of the game as we now know the game's variety and content is gonna have great depth and with the logo editor modding things are taken care of as well..

schiavo

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Im hoping the ability to play lofted sweep shots will be included

j4mehta

Club Cricketer
Hey guys,

Been following the forum for quite a few years, super excited for this upcoming iteration of the game, especially with the customization of logos / icons / bats / stadiums etc. Thinking about this, I had an idea similar to what has been created, not sure if it's feasible but just thought I would share it here:

Just as there is in-game customization abilities for the creation of stadiums and team logos (essentially allowing us to bypass licenses), would it also be possible to create an "Action/Animation" creator (for things like bowling actions/ batting technique), essentially allowing us to get player likeness in terms of animations.|

How I imagine it being is like for example, for bowling, you chose a stock action (ie. front-on, side-on or mixed for pace bowling), and you see a basic animation of the player with that bowling action. Then, there are modifiable parameters such as:

- release angle
- arm height
- release point
- Jump foot (ie. jumping of the wrong foot)
- Jump height
- Dominant leg height/bend
- Non dominant leg height/bend
- etc

These parameters obviously have to be thought through in detail, and as you edit them, you can see the basic action animation change (thereby allowing us to go from mcgrath actions to malinga actions as two examples of extremes). Something similar can be implemented for the different types of spin bowling (right arm offspin/legspin and left arm orthodox/chinaman) with different parameters, and as well with batting in terms of shots, like have basic animations for all the playable shots, and then modify them accordingly.

It may seem like a good thing to look into, might be difficult/a lot of work to implement (potentially too much?), but it would be awesome because then even playing styles in terms of graphics would achieve similarity in terms of their real-world counterparts. This can also be extended to fielding (throws), but that is probably tough to find player uniqueness, and makes more sense to have generic animations.

Let me know what you guys think!

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I know you're on console but the francobaldo fearsome tweak hack gives you amazing edges that fly everywhere, wide of slip, over slip you name it off for four.

If Big Ant haven't looked at whatever it is his mod does they have seriously missed a trick

I hope whatever configuration/setting was tweaked in the patch is made a slider based setting within the game moving forward. That way folks can customize the edges/gameplay as they deem fit and tailor the gameplay as per their requirements.[DOUBLEPOST=1470621045][/DOUBLEPOST]
Im hoping the ability to play lofted sweep shots will be included

That's been there for the last few months, i.e., when Big Ant released the last DBC 14 patch.

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I hope whatever configuration/setting was tweaked in the patch is made a slider based setting within the game moving forward. That way folks can customize the edges/gameplay as they deem fit and tailor the gameplay as per their requirements.

Customize edges? Why?

I agree on customising gameplay but some elements need to be fixed to allow for a stable gaming experience.

schiavo

School Cricketer
That's been there for the last few months, i.e., when Big Ant released the last DBC 14 patch.[/QUOTE]

Really because my game is up to date and I seem not to be able to do it

balkeet

International Coach
the sweep is more powerful after that patch but not lofted for me, playing front foot+LB

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I know you're on console but the francobaldo fearsome tweak hack gives you amazing edges that fly everywhere, wide of slip, over slip you name it off for four.

If Big Ant haven't looked at whatever it is his mod does they have seriously missed a trick
Yep that's a game changer. I just played 1997-98 South Africa v New Zealand ODI, I (NZ) restricted SA to 7-210 after 5 overs with a few caught behind, few edges through the slips and an edge on to the stumps.

Customize edges? Why?

I agree on customising gameplay but some elements need to be fixed to allow for a stable gaming experience.

Customise the edges because when you bowl taking wickets caught behind is a legitimate wicket taking option, it's a total game changer, it can be customised to as much or as little as you want and you simply turn it off when you're batting. I don't really understand what stable gaming experience you're referring to because in the base game the caught behind the wicket was non existant.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Customize edges? Why?

Why not? I'm a firm believer in giving as much control over the gameplay as possible. In fact if I have things my way I wouldn't just have one slider setting for a gameplay item but two - one for user and one for AI. E.g., you want to tweak the edge frequency as you are not happy with the edges out of the box. You struggle with playing through the off side as you edge most of the cover drives whereas AI seems to be having no such troubles. In that case I would change these two settings as follows...

Edge Frequency (User): 5 (out of 20 bars in the slider)
Edge Frequency (AI): 12 (out of 20)

This is the model Madden follows and I love it. There are websites and fan forums dedicated to finding the ideal slider settings for the most realistic gameplay and it would be great if we can have a sub-forum created at PC.net solely for slider settings. The other settings I can think of would be...

Batting (User), Batting (AI) - It determines how easy or difficult it is to bat and time a shot.
Bowling (User), Bowling (AI) - It determines how easy or difficult it is to bowl a perfect delivery
Fielding (User), Fielding (AI) - Determines the amount of misfields
Catching (User), Catching (AI) - Determines the number of catches dropped

There can be plenty of others that can be added and I'm simply providing core sets of settings I can think of. Instead of selecting a generic setting of 'Rookie', 'Amateur', 'Pro', 'Veteran' or 'Legend' which controls all aspects of the gamepay, I would rather have slider based settings of each granular aspect of gameplay so I can tailor my gameplay experience. If I struggle with batting and am good at bowling I can have Batting (User) set to say 6 bars out of 20 and Bowling (User) can be set to 13 bars out of 20.[DOUBLEPOST=1470659351][/DOUBLEPOST]

Really because my game is up to date and I seem not to be able to do it

the sweep is more powerful after that patch but not lofted for me, playing front foot+LB

On PS4 use L1 + L2 + Left Stick up (or down) + Right Stick right (or left) to hit a lofted sweep shot.

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
Customise the edges because when you bowl taking wickets caught behind is a legitimate wicket taking option, it's a total game changer, it can be customised to as much or as little as you want and you simply turn it off when you're batting. I don't really understand what stable gaming experience you're referring to because in the base game the caught behind the wicket was non existant.

Why not? I'm a firm believer in giving as much control over the gameplay as possible. In fact if I have things my way I wouldn't just have one slider setting for a gameplay item but two - one for user and one for AI. E.g., you want to tweak the edge frequency as you are not happy with the edges out of the box. You struggle with playing through the off side as you edge most of the cover drives whereas AI seems to be having no such troubles. In that case I would change these two settings as follows...

Edge Frequency (User): 5 (out of 20 bars in the slider)
Edge Frequency (AI): 12 (out of 20)

This is the model Madden follows and I love it. There are websites and fan forums dedicated to finding the ideal slider settings for the most realistic gameplay and it would be great if we can have a sub-forum created at PC.net solely for slider settings. The other settings I can think of would be...

Batting (User), Batting (AI) - It determines how easy or difficult it is to bat and time a shot.
Bowling (User), Bowling (AI) - It determines how easy or difficult it is to bowl a perfect delivery
Fielding (User), Fielding (AI) - Determines the amount of misfields
Catching (User), Catching (AI) - Determines the number of catches dropped

There can be plenty of others that can be added and I'm simply providing core sets of settings I can think of. Instead of selecting a generic setting of 'Rookie', 'Amateur', 'Pro', 'Veteran' or 'Legend' which controls all aspects of the gamepay, I would rather have slider based settings of each granular aspect of gameplay so I can tailor my gameplay experience. If I struggle with batting and am good at bowling I can have Batting (User) set to say 6 bars out of 20 and Bowling (User) can be set to 13 bars out of 20.

To both of you...

I'm trying to tell that some factors shouldn't be decided by the player. Ofcourse we can customize the difficulty for batting, bowling or fielding separately but customising edges is bound to so many factors. It's like asking to customise the amount of runs an AI will score. It will break the other constraints for the AI and you will end up with unrealistic scores. An edge is decided by the batsman's rating, player's rating, bowler's quality of the ball delivered, the batsman's skill against such a ball and the shot he is playing, the batsman's pressure level, the batsman's confidence, the pitch condition, the weather condition, the ball's condition! And each of this condition varies per match and per ball...Now BA has to figure out a way to realistically handle this in a game without breaking it's stability. Remember why BA insisted that a team of 11 should not be full of 100 rated players and user created are better linked to on-disc players?...Stability.

Infact, franco himself did not give you a slider. He gave you two pressure levels at which the normal works best...realistic scores. It's one set mode. I hope you understand that.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
To both of you...

I'm trying to tell that some factors shouldn't be decided by the player. Ofcourse we can customize the difficulty for batting, bowling or fielding separately but customising edges is bound to so many factors. It's like asking to customise the amount of runs an AI will score. It will break the other constraints for the AI and you will end up with unrealistic scores. An edge is decided by the batsman's rating, player's rating, bowler's quality of the ball delivered, the batsman's skill against such a ball and the shot he is playing, the batsman's pressure level, the batsman's confidence, the pitch condition, the weather condition, the ball's condition! And each of this condition varies per match and per ball...Now BA has to figure out a way to realistically handle this in a game without breaking it's stability. Remember why BA insisted that a team of 11 should not be full of 100 rated players and user created are better linked to on-disc players?...Stability.

Infact, franco himself did not give you a slider. He gave you two pressure levels at which the normal works best...realistic scores. It's one set mode. I hope you understand that.

i think the point is that BA self-evidently got the edges in DBC wrong. the human player had a vastly higher edge probability than the AI. a major part of the real life sport almost didn't exist in the video game.

the point is multiple sliders where the user can tweak and find a balance themselves.

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
i think the point is that BA self-evidently got the edges in DBC wrong. the human player had a vastly higher edge probability than the AI. a major part of the real life sport almost didn't exist in the video game.

the point is multiple sliders where the user can tweak and find a balance themselves.

I agree on the first point. But when franco showed us that such a slider isn't required, where is the need for it?

Users who are viewing this thread