Feedback for next edition thread - You must read the first post before replying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Given I've modded the game more than I've actually played it, here is my feedback from a mod perspective
  • Remove the pre-set colour picker. Give full control over colour choice (RGB choice)
    • (and allow more than 4 base colours)
  • Minimise the level of warping on sleeve designs
  • Currently on the vest and jumper templates, you can not have sleeves with different designs. Have independent sleeve designs on these templates
  • Allow for additional sponsor positions (pants, back of jersey, anyway on the front)
  • Sponsors assigned at a kit level, as opposed to a team level
  • Customise the position/size of the team emblem
  • The Team ID system of modding is a great start - potentially include a way to add additional slots within each team
  • Sweatbands for bowlers
  • Per-team ground modding
  • Greater variety of gloves, shoes, pads etc.
  • Open up umpire kits and pitch markings for all stadia

From previous posts

• Bigger difference in conditions, so that we appreciate the difference between green, hard, dusty etc.
  • Better stats, appropriate to the format
    • stats shown at cut scenes, in format-appropriate TV-style presentation (leverage the player cards - similar to the RLL3 presentation style)
  • Better cut scenes
    • show captain motioning for fielders to move
    • show fielders jogging in to position
    • show scoreboard & stats
    • show batsmen meeting in the middle or "gardening
  • Additional historical kits and equipment
  • Be able to pick opening bowlers for a lineup
  • Weather improvements, like grey skies when raining or simply overcast weather appearing as such

mazd

International Cricketer
Everything that is necessary is covered by the amazing posts before this, however a few additions that would be appreciated are
  • Better Animation for wicketkeeper's movements, catching, and importantly taking the bells off.
  • More Stumpings
  • The ability to use the "walk" button should be there. ( I understand that it's available but I have never been able to use it)
  • Also when you are a wicketkeeper batsman in career, you should have the option to ask which kind of throw you want from the fielder. For example press x for flat throw.
  • In the same line, while you wicket keep you can gesture the bowler to the kind of delivery. For example you can ask the spinner to flight a delivery by pressing A.

Last edited:

Epickind8

School Cricketer
Suggestions
Career mode - Coach and player mode and Coach mode should be like when managing a club team
u are able to buy players like auctions happens in IPL also when coaching a international team selecting and calling up players for the upcoming tours also While coaching a team u can be offered a contract from another team to join their teams like this sort of things should be added and about player mode there should be an award cutscene for Best player of the year award like In pes career mode.

Coop mode but it should be like fifa pro clubs 1 player from 1 console so if there are 8 players they should be playing all from different id's and consoles.

Commentators english and urdu/hindi that would be great for asian fans.

Online leagues tournaments.

Licensed teams and players.

More grounds.

Having some rain during the match coz even if i turn on the rain for the match there hasn't been one time where it rained.

Bowling should be improved like ppls keep on bowling 158 speed with fast bowlers like with any bowler no one can bowl consecutively same speed that should be adjusted.

Last edited:

chaman82

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  • a large timing window for "bad" balls - slow short balls from spinners and medium pacers would be treated as long hops and easy to put away
  • some way to "pull out" of delivery for spinners in the same way as we currently can for seamers
------------------------------
  • Speed display for spinners
  • More free movement for batsman in the crease before delivery ( so can play off side deliveries on the leg side but with risk involved)
  • More work on pro cam. Running pro cam.( head shaking problem)
  • More clarity for attributes and skills in academy. Should be not possible to make 5 star players easily.
  • Reduce the bowling speed difference for pacers ( 35kmph in dbc14). May b Only a special ability bowler (ability.which he will earn over time) can bowl those super slow delivery.
  • Ability to add custom music files to b used as boundary / wkts/between over music.
  • Add injuries for bowlers for constantly using the fast delivery option.
  • Remove bowling meters in legend online level. Will make Harder to bowl those perfect deliveries
----------------
  • I would like use of the bowler cam to adjust the field a bit like when we press for the bowler cam to look around maybe ability to select the fielder on the center of the center of the frame and pressing X should select him and we must be able to move him 4 steps either sides and 4 steps in or back...This allows us to tweak the field a bit from the usual slots...

Last edited:

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  • Would like to see some experiment on the control button layout from BigAnt
    • Keep the current buttons layout but give other options like swapping the sticks to control shots/leg
    • changing blocking the ball/leaving to something more intuitive
    • basically any change that takes out any kind of premeditation due to controls being a bit too complex for a lot of players
  • Bowling speed management/ including some assist to predict line and length easier
    • specially when it comes to fast bowlers, some early indication of line/length would be great.
    • Although in the current input method, it is hard for the player to know the length/line, some brainstorming in this area is welcome
  • Animations refinement
    • Wicketkeeper
      • refining wicketkeeper movement to catch the ball (of the edge or the ones batsmen just let pass) or receiving ball from the fielders' throws
      • a lot of those one-handed catch.
      • stumping animations after receiving the ball should be quicker and smoother
    • Fielder
      • Smoother movement in running and catching and sliding
      • fielder should mostly catch with two hands unless absolutely necessary
      • fielder should not dive or fall to take simple catches. it looks odd
    • Batsman
      • include new animations for different shots. one important one is opening the bat face to guide the ball behind the wicket
      • batsman reacting to getting out instantly and smoothly rather that animation segment to "kick in". e.g. after getting bowled he just stands there until everyone starts celebrating and then the animation kicks in and he looks frustrated/walks.
    • Bowler
      • Different bowling styles
      • smoother appeal (transitioning from follow up to appeal should be smoother)
    • Other animations
      • various styles of appeal
      • batsman/bowler reacting to ball hitting the batsmen
      • milestones animations
  • Stats
    • More stats should be available on demand during a game.
      • different sorts of graphs
      • batsmen against spin/fast
      • while choosing next bowler, the stats in that particular match for bowlers should be visible

I will be adding more as i remember

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
#BiggsThoughts™
U P D A T E D 2 8 / 9 / 1 0

At this stage, I'm going to focus in on the Animation/HUD/Camera stuff, as I think that's where most of my "niggles" are with and everyone else is covering the bases of all the other tweaks. I might add more later on... these are my initial thoughts.

HUD/CAMERA/ANIMATIONS

• Integration of the bowling "meters" to be 'mounted' to the player on the left/right side so you're watching the bowler movement/batsman vs to the right of screen. Make em smaller, they just need to be simple. I would also have vibration tied to 'incorrect' bowling (no balls, dead balls, wides etc). Should be able to toggle on/off and or a simple fade out function as the bowler delivers the ball.
  • Integration of the batting "Confidence/Fatigue" meter to be 'mounted' to the player on the left/right side so you get prompted with their current status, whether they've been injured and so on. Should be able to toggle on/of and a simple fade-out function as the bowler begins his run up
  • Correct "Captain" of the team shown in all referral animations, regardless of his fielding position. Should be shown with current bowler and/or keeper/vice captain (you can mix and match those).
  • Introduce a "Form" feature in all formats, match types and career mode. Simple colour system prior to team selection (Green, good form, Yellow, average form, Red, Poor form). Game should track all modes of "arcade" gameplay and prompt me when selecting teams of a players current form in that particular match type. In Career mode, "Form" should be locked to your career player only. HUD on the scorecard can show a players form changing as the match progresses and/or could be locked to the mounted meters as discussed above.
  • Bowling/Batting milestones to be celebrated with visual pop-ups or graphics, ideally on the scoreboard like you would see during a match as a spectator
  • In Match HUD adjustments as follows:
    • Free up the camera for bowling and batting so you can look around the field at any point without going into first-person mode. The camera can then "click" back into place as the bowler begins his run up.
    • Next In / Current Bowlers / Bowler Options all to have head-shots so you can pick with ease your new player. These could also be on-field or cut-scene pop-ups between overs/balls
    • "Career" batsman Manhattans. Appropriate format (Test/ODI's) once a player has been in a while (scores of say, 30+) on screen HUD's of his career scores as a Manhattan bar graph, different colours for 50's, 100's and highest scores
    • "Career" bowling Manhattans. Appropriate format (Test/ODI's) once a bowler has taken a few wickets, especially in tests (3 Wickets ) on screen HUD's of his career wickets as a Manhattan bar graph, different colours for 5 wicket bags or 10 wickets per match in tests.
    • Rolling stats in all formats along the bottom HUD score bar. Telling me of a players average strike rate in T20's vs. his current strike rate. Telling me the players most recent scores against all oppositions in ODI's and/or Tests as one example.
  • Include stump-camera as a replay option
  • All replays should be rolling/repeated and any button press can stop them at any point, but I hate how the current un-prompted replay system cuts off too early in many scenarios
  • Re-playable "milestone" celebrations from multiple cameras should be rolling/repeated and any button press can stop them at any point.
  • Animations to add:
    • Dismissal Animations (Various levels of frustration and walking off pitch)
    • Milestone dismissal animations, wide shot of the batsman walking off with crowd/players applauding for really high scores (100+ in ODI's 200+ in Tests)
    • "Guard of Honor" animation for ridiculously high scores after dismissal or end of innings not-out in Tests or retiring players in their final match
    • Various 'Batsman Hit' by bowler animations. Hit on glove, hand shaking, hit on thigh, crouching, hit on arm, rubbing arm etc
    • Boundary line 'tip in' animation, fielder sliding to the boundary and tipping the ball back with his hand to stop the boundary
    • Boundary line lean-over-and-catch or fall-over-throw-up-then-catch animations
    • Bowler 'falls over' during delivery animation with incorrect input from the player and/or causing fatigue/injury (Basically, more punishment for bowling 'dead balls' or 'no balls')
    • Bowler to follow correct line when bowling, ie; not down the middle of the pitch!
    • Variety of umpire dimissial, wide, no ball (and so on) animations and camera angles.
    • Square leg umpire animations for over head no-balls and run-out dismissals at the keepers end.
    • Umpires "come together" animation to refer to third umpire for some scenarios
  • Highlights video at the end of each innings, either simply wickets and milestones (50's, 100's and so on) or include good catches, stumpings or big sixes as well. Should be stoppable at any point.
    • This video should have relevant match HUD stats showing:
      • Run Rate (innings)
      • Required Run Rate (next innings)
      • Highest Score (Batsman, with head shot)
      • Most wickets (Bowler, with head shot)
      • Overall score
  • "MOTM" award to be shown on final scorecard with a head shot
  • In all modes when selecting "teams" on the Main Screen (not in game) to show a full-squad team "Splash" of the playing 11 as a montage of players in that team. Would also help when selecting Academy teams online.
  • New "Segueway Camera" in T20 matches, might be cool to animate the sequeway cameraman as well, see him rolling around in wide-shots of the ground and so on
  • New "Drone Camera" in all matches for wide shots of the ground, moving in and around lighting towers, different parts of the stadium, moving up from ground level to the sky, etc.
  • New 'Light Up' bails/stumps animation in all T20 matches and World Cup ODI/T20 tournaments. Should be customizable for all match types and stump colours.
[More To Come]

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Here is my long post

• Your first game was perfect. I just want AI players to bat as they are set in the Academy. No more Russia beating India and tailenders hitting 70 against Johnson and Starc because everyone plays identically and nobody knows what things in the academy actually affect. Brutes should bat like brutes, and conservative players more slowly. I want to feel like I am playing against Zimbabwe or against Australia, along with those differences in play.

Last edited:

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  • Hotspot and Snicko on-demand
  • Ability to auto-simulate game when at non-striker's end (At present, we are required to press a buttton)
  • Ability to bowl a beamer to a batsman
  • Visual indicator of the controller (Preferably for the RAS while batting) to know if we are moving the RAS at the intended angle
  • Instant replays can be trimmed to begin from right where the bowler passes the umpire and not from the bowler run-up
  • Adding one more camera angle to instant replays - Umpire's View
Common Suggestions
  • It would be cool to have Big Wheel show data from past sessions too (post "save and exit" scenarios)
  • Bowling speed for spinners as well
  • A large timing window for "bad" balls - slow short balls from spinners and medium pacers would be treated as long hops and easy to put away
  • Variable sound effects for crowds in different countries, difference between test/odi/t20 etc

Last edited:

angad

Chairman of Consent
  • Fluidity in Batting
  • Online play to have separate modes for 'Default Teams' and 'Created Teams'
  • PES My Club styled mode
  • More celebration animations for bowlers and batsman that we can choose from in a match
  • Slight change in bowling action as a tell for different type of deliveries
  • Instruction for AI in career mode (Aggressive, Defensive, Slog etc.)
  • Have different 'voice actors' for commentary and give them individual character like 'Always Excited', 'Serious', 'Stats Guru', 'Funny' etc.
(Have elaborated the above points here)

Points from other users:

@Kiko_97
  • Stadium Creator
  • Let me customize my bowling action, Jimmy Anderson and Stuart Broad bowling with the same action is kinda saddening
  • Some way to mod on consoles, maybe using PES' methods but hopefully open it to Xbox too
@funnyadit
  • Bat weights, ability to change bats based on the match situation like on powerplay heavier bats.
  • Different animations for different sets/type of batsman..Difference in the amount they lean in to the shot...Defensive batsman best lean in shots, watch the ball better and more aggressive more casual footwork and the technique goes.
  • Realistic bowler response, balance on the balls he can catch and the ball he should just leave...Addition of duck, stop with leg and even putting hands out without actually catching it [catch in such cases should be really rare as the ball might be traveling at a great speed]...
  • Realistic shots :Better lean in to the shots [especially defensive shots like Virat kohli does under the eyes defense], Cut shots like Rahul Dravid [coming on front foot and going backfoot to hit it square and finer], Leave like Alistair Cook ,Backfoot pull shot against spinner like Shane Watson etc...
  • 2 to 3 varieties of bowling animation for each type of bowler
  • Crowd graphics, standing ovation, crowd cheer, environment and feel of the match based on the location and teams playing. Even team mates clapping for the player's 50 from the pavilion would be great addition...
  • Ability to view hotspot from interactive replay, graphics for spin comparision i.e actual ball and if the ball had not spun [same for pace bowling as well with "Seamed" and "Swung
  • More realistic bat responses inside edges, bat-pad, under edge , tow edge, top edge...And mainly the edges should represent graphics wise as well
  • Changes to career mode with decisions taken by captain based on the match situation..The decision should be made on the type/nature of batsman and the performances under the situations of the match..Challenges and responsibility to the player along with ruling out for poor form, option to retire from a format if getting bored
  • Commentary should adapt the side of making us play better
@blockerdave
  • More natural AI batting, with dismissals appropriate to the format
  • Certain deliveries should be harder/easier to deliver based on the bowler's ability
  • For batsmen, different attributes for batting vs seam & spin
  • Bigger difference in conditions, so that we appreciate the difference between green, hard, dusty etc
  • Better feedback when we make errors especially in batting
  • A vibration for "heartbeat" when approaching milestones/during big plays
  • A large timing window for "bad" balls
@T.J.Hooker
  • Advance attacking shots would benefit from a second input to control ball striking timing
  • Bit more of a plan from ai bowling, especially in FC.
  • More of a sense of attacking particular locations.
@tazzron
  • The availability of many different bowling actions and batting styles that you can attach to different players.
  • Generally reducing the amount of drift spinners get and allowing them to spin the ball more.
  • When balls are bowled down the legside and a leg clip or sweep shot is attempted, the ball should sometimes clip the pad and go down to fine leg, allowing us to run leg byes
  • Certain phrases chirped by AI fielders
@Ajh1977
  • Career available in all major test playing nations
  • Improved commentary, including anecdotes, dynamic match appropriate dialogue and advice
@Epickind8
  • Coop mode but it should be like fifa pro clubs 1 player from 1 console so if there are 8 players they should be playing all from different id's and consoles.
@isrararrafi
@Biggs
@azumikami
  • Move sight screen

Last edited:
D

Dutch

Stats: as most things I would like to see implemented have been well covered I think i would like to stick to a fetish of mine: stats....
To begin with:
  • Cricket Coach has a wonderful Almanac feature: at the end of a season a record is made of every single game played by every single team with every single stat you can imagine. You can then save the record each year. It is interactive so you click on a team or a player or a league or whatever and all those relevant stats are shown. Would love to see this in Cricket 2016. It rolls over from year to year and is such a joy to wade through and compare stats and relive special moments. If this was connected to a replay and screenshot feature you could add visuals at will.
An example Graeme Swann - Player Profile

All underlined words are links to relevant stats....try it out.... And put it in the game @BigAntStudios

Last edited by a moderator:

NursingHomeFire

School Cricketer
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
didn't See this covered

When throwing ball to stumps, bowler or keeper moving backwards as they receive the ball, many run outs missed due to this
the slog sweep for against spinners
where players has to earn the ability to bowl special deliveries
after each match, points awarded and this can be used to upgrade bowler or batsman stats
full control of field placement - meaning you can put a fielder anywhere you want on the field, this is currently limited leaving certain areas wide open
the rest has been covered

Added this

Something to combat negative play by players
Online player vs Career player, (Bowler, batsman etc)
Keep this 2 separate, allow for the use of online players to evolve more, bowler, has to earn the ability to bowl outswing, inswing etc, has to earn points to allocate to this thus increasing the players ability as he progresses through online play.
Matchmaking for online play to not have a newbie be outplayed by a veteran player
same goes for batsman (even the whole team)

That will most def make online so much more appealing

Last edited:

azumikami

School Cricketer
- move sight screen - have never seen this mentioned which makes be believe there is a way to do this, but as a left handed batsmen in pro cam, when they bowl around the wicket it comes out of the crowd/chairs.
- precise shot placement corresponding to precise joystick positioning and timing. At the moment it's down to timing whether you hit it in front or behind square etc. would play through mid-wicket far more if it was allowed

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I know you all have been waiting for my suggestions ;),Here it is. Let's get started.

As a online league organiser and player. I will start with

Online gaming and Online tournament section.

• Locking of skills should be allowed when we upload a team in academy.
  • A better tournament creator.Current one is too bad. If i create a 12 team tournament ,then every single player should be online simultaneously,why ?
  • Saving progress of tournaments.
  • Stats Management
  • I know there isn't any transfer thing in cricket but having a Ultimate team mode will be too cool with transfer of players between 2 teams.Different levels of player card. A whole new dimension of cricket and everything we buy in it should be purchased with the in-game cash/coins.

Career Mode
  • Implemention the FTP in a better way and in a realistic manner. How about syncing the FTP with real life data ?
  • Addition of live events and ability to play it too.
  • Different milestone. Making sure everyone plays every game mode allot different/specific/special milestone to each one. Like most of the milestones should be general regardless of game mode.you can get that by playing any mode nut some should be specific like you only get it if you online/Ultimate team/Career/Casual/Test/ODI.
  • Their should be a in-game weather system for those who dont have access to a proper internet but for those who have, they can sync it with real life weather/season/real match day weather for that specific match. Yeah, You have the base for the game ,you guys can take for deep dive in cricket.;)
  • Syncing with real FTP will include every big tournaments(ODI WC,T20WC,CT,etc) and events(Ashes,Border-Gavasker trophy,not each and every but 1 or 2 for every country or the popular ones will do). You just have to implement it in a manner that we get different feel when playing them like we should get the feels of ODI world cup and Ashes and yes (syncing it properly with real world data at that time. ;)). Name them differently to escape the licensing thing.
  • Please , make those animations (players hurting after getting hit by a ball, etc) show in match.
  • Injury System implemented intellegently.
  • Make progression of a player form county to leagues to national team like a journey clearing all the milestones and seeing through all the difficulties of scenarios,facing different match situations.
  • MOTM & MOTS in the end of a match and series respectively.
  • Player of the year award,player of the (different formats) at the end of the year.

Fancy Stuffs
  • Animations for celebration of Half-Century(A simple raise of bat ,pat on the back by Non-Striker),Century(A running fist in the air ,followed by removing helmet and then a hug from Non-Striker),Double-Century(Raise the bat towards pavilion with kiss to the helmet followed by team mates clapping.
  • Animations for celebration of wickets based upon User selection from 5 to 10 animations each for spinner and Pacers because they dont calebrate in same way.
  • Entrance of whole team with the two opposition batsmen and umpires.
  • Why not just sync the current umpires of that match with real world data.
  • +1 to @Biggs suggestions.
  • +1 to @blockerdave 's suggestions for commentry and gameplay.

There will be more.....Coming Soon.

Last edited:

kamrul

Associate Captain
1. The batting pitches need to be made accurate. In DBC 14 difference between pitches weren't noticeable.

2. Fielding needs to be more realistic. some more fielding actions and better synchronizations can make it better.

3. Player physics needs to be improved in all sectors.

4. Giant screen showing player face and stats when they come to bat or bowl.

5. Fielders should change their body movement in different positions. Fielders give default dives and take the ball with them to the boundary. They should be aware of the fact that the ball is near the boundary line and act differently. In one word they must have a head that works.

6. There should be different stances for batsmen. At least 5-6 different batting styles will be great.

7. More variety in bowling actions will be great. Some unorthodox bowling styles will feel realistic.

8. Manual celebrations like FIFA can be a great addition.

9. Professional commentator isn't must. You guys need better scripts and casual commentary. Don't make it like the 90's commentators.

10. crowds needs to be more dynamic, graphically strong, must act according to situation, difference between home and away crowds and other important things mentioned by others

11. If licenses will be there! ( not a must) DBC ultimate team option will be great.

12. Different kind of tv overlays in different country's stadiums.

13. Cheer leaders. slightly better looking than the rll3 ones :p

14. cut scenes for drinking carts coming inside the stadium, in test matches end of day signals, launch and tea signals by dropping the bails.

15. Better fielding cameras. some new camera angles needed.

16. Fire burners in Australian stadiums, musics played in t20 matches after hitting boundaries.

17. Pitch report before the match, presentation showing at least man of the match rewards.

18. Players talking with reporters in intervals ( like NBA,only if the game has licenses,or else not required)

19. Players coming out of dug out in t20 matches. cut scenes of dug out between the match.

20. Change of movement of batsmen when edged!

21. Giving catches to the inside the 30 yard circle fielders for mistimed push.

22. LED stamps.

23. Different seam positions and tweaking for different types of balls. such as finger tweaking will be different for cutters, reverse action for slower deliveries etc.

24. Hit wickets after getting hit by a ball badly or due to too much backward standing.

25. Batsmen having an option to switch between caps and helmets during match.

26. Manual sledging that will effect batsman's confidence and aggressiveness. But sledging will be like an special activity that will be available only after bowling some swing and miss, short deliveries etc. or same kind of scenarios like these.

27. More turn based spin bowling rather than drifts.

28. Bowling meter must be made a lot smaller than this. It covers most almost half of the screen at the time of bowling.

And most of the suggestions given by @Biggs and @funnyadit

Last edited by a moderator:

knvanand

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
- Add World Cup, World T20 or other major international events to career.
- More choice in first class tournaments, not just England or Australia. The ability to pick any club side from any cricket playing nation would be a fantastic addition as it gives career players an incentive to work their way from the bottom into the top clubs in the world and then the national ODI, T20 or Test batting line-up.
- Monetized contracts like Fifa, i.e., you have offers from three different clubs with different salaries and for varying periods. It could add an interesting dynamic to how you select a contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread