field editor for blic2005?

apoorv

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
can any one make a field editor for blic cricket2005?

hondeyho

International Cricketer
Why, you can edit the fields in the game!

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
I think he wants to edit the default fields. I would want to, because fields like defensive number 8 (Fielders all on boundary) get really annnoying when the CPU sets them.

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
I can't remember exactly where but search markh's posts. He's only made about 10 I think.

The one I specifically remember had all the fielders stood around the keeper. It doesn't hack the exe as such, just the memory in your computer.

markh

School Cricketer
There's a basic tool in this thread:
http://planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15998

It changes the field in memory, but once you've done that it should remain permanent for that savegame. You can edit the standard field placings too. There's one screenshot there, but you can place the fielders pretty much anywhere you like. Oh, the fields are probably changeable in the executable, but I don't know if the protection system uses a custom loader that'd make this tricky.

I haven't made a fancy graphical one, mainly because I'm not sure if anyone would actually use it :D

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I would definately use a fancy graphical one :) Go faster stripes are a must.

markh

School Cricketer
Ok. I'll have a crack at it when I get time. Won't be for a couple of days at least though :)

markh

School Cricketer
Ok, here's a slightly more fancy graphical field editor. It still modifies the game in memory, but it's dead easy to use. You'll probably need the .NET framework to run this one. I'll do one that permanently modifies it later (it's not hard, just fiddly).

Some quick instructions: Load BLIC and start up any match. Then start the fieldeditor and click on 'Extract from Game'. You should see something like the first picture. Change the field to your desired one by clicking on a fielder, and clicking elsewhere to move him. Eventually you'll get a nice choice (second picture), so hit 'Copy back to Game'. Then, move back into BLIC. After you've bowled the ball or reverted the field positions, the change will take effect (as in the final exciting picture).

Let me know if it works. It's still a bit rough, but I wanted to get it out while I could. Oh yeah - it only edits custom field 1 for now. The same theory works for any other field too, so it's just a matter of adding the option.

And here's the download:

Attachments

• fieldA.jpg
    fieldA.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 167
  • fieldB.jpg
    fieldB.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 157
  • fieldC.jpg
    fieldC.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 159
  • cricket.zip
    368.3 KB · Views: 97

woosaah

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
what about adding a function where you can save that field and then use a saved field that you have created?

that way it would be faster than having to change the field using this all the time, as this is pretty much the same as going to the field editor and changing it this way, in game.

markh

School Cricketer
woosaah said:
what about adding a function where you can save that field and then use a saved field that you have created?
That'll come next :)

woosaah

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
what will happen if you have field restrictions on and you put more than a 2 people behind square on the legside? can you do that? or will this make the game crash?

markh

School Cricketer
woosaah said:
what will happen if you have field restrictions on and you put more than a 2 people behind square on the legside? can you do that? or will this make the game crash?
No, that shouldn't cause a problem. I don't recommend that you move the bowler or keeper, although moving the wicket keeper does seem to work.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread