Fixed player ratings

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I was wondering if anyone has fixed the player ratings for many teams? Particularly for the older teams, they were quite obviously created at random. I played against my mate online who was using the Invincibles Australian team and, in his words, "they don't look very invincible" with stats of like 2/5.

So many of the batsmen from that team, for example, have like 100% for one batting attribute and < 20 for the others. And this isn't a one off.

Every now and then I go through and fix up some that are completely wrong e.g. Tom Moody being rated 5 for batting and 1 for bowling, but this is just patching over a few cracks.

I wonder if anyone went through and did this systematically? And if so, where could they be found?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I was wondering if anyone has fixed the player ratings for many teams? Particularly for the older teams, they were quite obviously created at random. I played against my mate online who was using the Invincibles Australian team and, in his words, "they don't look very invincible" with stats of like 2/5.

So many of the batsmen from that team, for example, have like 100% for one batting attribute and < 20 for the others. And this isn't a one off.

Every now and then I go through and fix up some that are completely wrong e.g. Tom Moody being rated 5 for batting and 1 for bowling, but this is just patching over a few cracks.

I wonder if anyone went through and did this systematically? And if so, where could they be found?

as I just mentioned, my hunch is you (and your mate) have used get best.

a lot of them especially the ones where you've got one skill maxed and another very low is a pattern that you see when the creator has left the default skills - I don't think they are actually an attempt to reflect the real world player.

the best bet is to check this thread for teams that shouldn't have default skills/attributes, and this thread for suggestions on why/how you may want to tweak teams if you're playing vs AI

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Thanks for the reply mate.

I've gone through and downloaded some teams manually. Some players are still very off though so I'm not sure if it's me doing something wrong or they are just wrong in the system.

For example, Tom Moody is like a 100% skilled batsman who cannot bowl. Also Arthur Morris (who almost never bowled in real life) is a bowling allrounder.

Are these in your teams?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Thanks for the reply mate.

I've gone through and downloaded some teams manually. Some players are still very off though so I'm not sure if it's me doing something wrong or they are just wrong in the system.

For example, Tom Moody is like a 100% skilled batsman who cannot bowl. Also Arthur Morris (who almost never bowled in real life) is a bowling allrounder.

Are these in your teams?

any teams I did and skilled I did as accurately as possible off their espn profiles/averages so wouldn't have set those like that.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Very weird. The Morris one definitely comes from your historical Australian teams. Not Moody though.

Am I possibly not linking things right? I set everything to replace.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Would you mind checking your Arthur Morris to see if he is an all-rounder, when he should really be a very good batsman but rubbish bowler?

It's not that he is particularly important, nor would it be difficult for me to edit him personally, but I want to check if there is an error either in your upload or my download.

Westindies

Club Captain
What exactly is the rating that needs to be given for a batsman/allrounder/bowler to make DBC more realistic, there have been lots of discussion but no decision. Ross and co should be able to give us that exact figure to make DBC looks more realistic experience...

Users who are viewing this thread