IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just a tip for windows 8 users, download the driver : motionenjoy ds3 tool

Literally in the OP! If someone doesn't read the OP of a thread telling them to get a controller working, then they are dumb...

ATMega169P

Banned
I have the ps3 controller working with my laptop (windows 8) but after I disconnect it, it crashes my pc. It works fine on my desktop. Anyone know why this happens?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I have the ps3 controller working with my laptop (windows 8) but after I disconnect it, it crashes my pc. It works fine on my desktop. Anyone know why this happens?

I disconnect my PS3 using the 'Better DS3' tool. So far no issues and I'm on Windows 8.

Last edited:

srk121

International Coach

Upgrade your net framework to the latest version. have you used motioinjoy or DS3 direct?

sportzfan

School Cricketer
The Ds3 tool method did not work for me. However, after watching this video which shows how to easily connect ps3 controller to pc, it worked great. It shows how to do it for windows 8, but the exact steps worked for windows 7 as well (which I have). It is also the easiest one I found. So watch the video and all the items that you need to download is on the description of the video.

Here is the link :How To Easily Connect PS3 Controller to PC (No Motioninjoy Required) - YouTube

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
For those, like me, for whom Motioninjoy won't work (0x2 error), here is another alternative. Worked like a charm for me. I'm running Windows 7 64bit on VMWare Fusion on Mac OS X.

A bit of a leap of faith required in terms of allowing an "untrusted" developer; can confirm though that this is real and in case you're facing issues with any of the preferred methods (above), you may want to give this a shot.

How To Use a PS3 Controller on Windows PC without MotioninJoy - YouTube

This is working for me after I gave up on MotioninJoy due to the buggy driver. Thanks.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Just thought I'd mention that I'm getting vibration feedback via the above driver in case anyone else using Joyinmotion is lacking it.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just thought I'd mention that I'm getting vibration feedback via the above driver in case anyone else using Joyinmotion is lacking it.

You can get the vibration feedback using Motioninjoy via 'Better DS3' tool. Change the vibration feedback slider setting from default 100% to 125% and you will be able to get the vibration feedback.

Last edited:

mayank2530

School Cricketer
is using a ps3 controller on pc safe? i mean will the ps3 again recognize the controller?

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I connect my ps3 controller via Motioninjoy but the Right stick goes crazy and i cant play shots any idea why?

ATMega169P

Banned
I tried the above solutions but no luck. My pic just crashes when anything touches the drivers during the install process. I tried the video above and no luck.

sportzfan

School Cricketer
see my method posted above

is using a ps3 controller on pc safe? i mean will the ps3 again recognize the controller?

Yes Mayank, Ps3 will recognize the controller after u have used it for pc. I can only talk for the method I used and it worked great! But I think even using other methods it should work back on ps3.

mayank2530

School Cricketer
Yes Mayank, Ps3 will recognize the controller after u have used it for pc. I can only talk for the method I used and it worked great! But I think even using other methods it should work back on ps3.

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread