Goal Mafia - So who wins? Go in to see

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I know this is too late but I'm going to briefly explain how this game works (for the benefit of the two remaining players):

There are 5 players; 4 are cops and 1 is mafia.
The 4 cops are not told what kind of cop they are only that they are a cop.
There will be a normal cop (gives correct results), an insane cop (gives inverted results), a paranoid cop (always gives mafia result) and a naive cop (always gives town result).
Clearly you can't rely (at all) on the result you are given. You need to determine what kind of cop you are and what kind of cop everyone else is. You do this by sharing results, investigating everyone and narrowing down possibilities.
You don't lynch on day 1; especially after someone says I investigated x and they were mafia. There is only a 50% chance the result is correct. Less when you consider that a mafia would say that.
After night 1 you get some more data. There are now 4 people and you know that dead person is a townie. This helps you.
On day 2 you still don't lynch as you don't have enough information.
Night 2, a second townie is killed. You now have enough info to figure out who of the three left is mafia.

Alternatively you lynch on day 1, have only 3 players left on day 2 and have to guess who the mafia is. This is what is known as dire play.

Ideally you wouldn't spell out quite as obviously as I've done what the results mean as that helps the mafia. In this case I felt it was needed...

Varun

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Colin, although I might be incorrect, it seems to me there are some unobvious hints about your roles in the night writeup.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I'll have to re-read them. I thought that bevab said there weren't any. The 5 player game doesn't actually need them.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I said that there will be very few.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Moral of the game: Never start a game with the majority as Alliance players.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Colin, although I might be incorrect, it seems to me there are some unobvious hints about your roles in the night writeup.

Having done a re-read they're very unobvious. I can't make head nor tail of them.

----------

Can I just point out that the fact I haven't hammered proves that I'm not mafia. If I was mafia and hammered I would win as there would be one town and one mafia left.
I'm in no hurry to lynch as, if I get it wrong, I lose the game.

6ry4nj

International Coach
I believe there is enough info here to solve the case.

Hamza2000 (probably) investigated Great India. Came up mafia. Therefore he is paranoid or mafia???
Great India paranoid/insane/mafia
sachinfan98 paranoid/insane
me normal/naive
RPHKR paranoid/insane

I won't comment, just quote it.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I thought so then figured I had made a mistake as I'm the only one showing as normal/naive. I assume the mistake revolves around the fact I'm guessing who Great India and Hamza investigated and the results as they haven't actually said.

HawkAussie

Panel of Selectors
Hobart Hurricanes
Profile Flag
Australia
Lynch: Great India
Looking at the investagions he has to be mafia

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Fenil is lynched !

Last edited:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I don't really care. I said all along that I would only take over if Matt121 was ok with it.
Anyway that's the hammer...

Users who are viewing this thread