Greatest innings of all time by ICC

Robelinda

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
How could ANY half serious cricket not rate the 281 as one of the top 5 greatest innings of all time??? Sehwag WHAT??? come on. Im aussie, I cant stand Indian cricket, but hats off to Laxman, 1000 hats off. Sehwag's 201* was special, but not top 10 special. the 281 is top 5 special.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Absolutely, I only rate Sehwag's 201* as a special knock which maybe deserves to be in top 10. Certainly not the two triple centuries. Laxman's 281 wins everytime though.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Wisden ranked the 281 as the greatest Indian innings of all time, over things like 309 at Multan. Willing to take wisden's word over the ICC's in this case.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Okay these knocks strike my mind for now :

Laxman's 281 v Australia
Cook's 234 n.o v Australia at GABBA 2010-11
Duminy & Steyn v Australia at MCG 2008-09

cricketlover172

Club Cricketer
Have you even seen the 281? On a crumbling pitch against the likes of Warne, following on, laxman poduced a masterclass. Some of the shots he played, charging down the track to hit warne against the turn through the covers... just unbelievable. The 319 was on one of the flattest decks I have seen in my life and from a stress-free position. Laxmans knock was by far better

1st Test: India v South Africa at Chennai, Mar 26-30, 2008 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

vs

1st Test: India v South Africa at Nagpur, Feb 6-9, 2010 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Both were "Roads".

On one Sehwag scores triple and match ends in draw. On another he scores only 109 and India loses by innings.:rolleyes:rolleyes

----------

Wisden ranked the 281 as the greatest Indian innings of all time, over things like 309 at Multan. Willing to take wisden's word over the ICC's in this case.

Wisden ranked Lara's 375 on road as the 10th best innings of all time.
http://in.rediff.com/cricket/2001/jul/30bat100.htm
Sehwag's 300 came at twice the strike rate and against a far-far better attack.

Will trust ICC anyday over an institution with colonial hangover.

----------

[/COLOR]
How could ANY half serious cricket not rate the 281 as one of the top 5 greatest innings of all time??? Sehwag WHAT??? come on. Im aussie, I cant stand Indian cricket, but hats off to Laxman, 1000 hats off. Sehwag's 201* was special, but not top 10 special. the 281 is top 5 special.

Well by same logic how can anyone rate Mcgill a better bowler than kumble. You seem to block all the users on youtube who disagree with you.

Any organisation which doesn't rate Gavaskar's 221 in top 50 has to be a farce
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63240.html

Last edited:

Robelinda

International Coach
Um, what are you talking about? What has youtube got to do with this? I block racist abusive people every day on my youtube channel, who personally threaten to kill my kids and ████ my wife, these people are the scum of the earth MATE, dont you dare tell me who i can and cannot block on my channel, get over yourself. Let me guess, you must be one of those abusive people, otherwise you wouldnt have brought it up. My tip, lay off the crazy racist abuse and threats to my family. :mad:mad:mad:mad:mad:mad

cricketlover172

Club Cricketer
Um, what are you talking about? What has youtube got to do with this? I block racist abusive people every day on my youtube channel, who personally threaten to kill my kids and ████ my wife, these people are the scum of the earth MATE, dont you dare tell me who i can and cannot block on my channel, get over yourself. Let me guess, you must be one of those abusive people, otherwise you wouldnt have brought it up. My tip, lay off the crazy racist abuse and threats to my family. :mad:mad:mad:mad:mad:mad

Have never abused anyone's family. :nowayI sometimes read chat on your youtube's comments section.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Have you even seen the 281? On a crumbling pitch against the likes of Warne, following on, laxman poduced a masterclass. Some of the shots he played, charging down the track to hit warne against the turn through the covers... just unbelievable. The 319 was on one of the flattest decks I have seen in my life and from a stress-free position. Laxmans knock was by far better

Shouldnt that be through mid wicket? Because Warne turns it from leg towards off. So if I'm playing him through covers then i'm playing with the spin. Unless Warne was bowling a lot of Wrong uns and Laxman was picking them up everytime and hitting him against the turn. :P That would have been awesome though :D

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Idk. I have watched the highlights of that so many times and Warne would pitch it WAAAAY outside leg into the rough and VVS would come dancing down and hit it through the covers for four. Maybe it was with the spin, but still amazing.

Robelinda

International Coach
Yeah it depends if Warne was bowling over or around the wicket. When he coming around, VVS just magically hit for from almost outside legstump through the covers, INCREDIBLE.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
The best Sachin test ton IMO has to be the 103* or so vs England in that Chennai test in 2008 just after the attacks.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Was he not dropped by Warne off Brett Lee when he was only about 10? Was an absolute sitter too. That catch might have got Australia the Ashes - although getting rid of Ashley fricken Giles might have helped too...or maybe not collapsing when they were 3/300...That was a frustrating match for Aussie fans :(

I may be getting fussy in my old age, but I think the best innings are chanceless ones, especially when the chance was so clear cut. That or the innings has to be in extremely difficult conditions. I know at least 2 other people made 100s in that Oval Test, so it can't have been too tricky.

But anyway you're right it was a nice innings as KP played really nicely after that drop, particularly vs Warne - while he savaged Lee and Tait.

Users who are viewing this thread