Group C - 11th Match Sri Lanka v West Indies

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
[YOUTUBE]
[/YOUTUBE]

This is the fielding effort from Matthews for people who haven't seen it, should be allowed because I got the link from a cricinfo article.

Last edited by a moderator:

WestIndian

vBookie Team
As pretty and aerial and everything else that piece of fielding was, I would have thought that once he Matthews touched, stepped outside the boundary that he was out of play. The question I have is, if he had touched outside the boundary, but somehow managed to have skied the ball, come back in and caught it, would that be given as an out, caught!!!!

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
As pretty and aerial and everything else that piece of fielding was, I would have thought that once he Matthews touched, stepped outside the boundary that he was out of play. The question I have is, if he had touched outside the boundary, but somehow managed to have skied the ball, come back in and caught it, would that be given as an out, caught!!!!
Yes, he would have got the catch. This is because in the process of taking the catch (starting from when he first touched it), he was never grounded outside the boundary while touching the ball.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I know this is slightly like this, but its like the grounding rule in a run out, if you foot is over the line but in the air and if your bat is grounded either and then the bails are dislodged by the ball you are out even though you are over the line, it's like this that even though the ball was over the line because it or matthews wasn't grounded whilst touching each other it wasn't 6.

If that makes sense?

Users who are viewing this thread