mv_m99

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
[color=#000000:post_uid10]I have installed ea sports cricket2002
but the problem is
1) the game is very very slow( movment of players,
batting,bowling,fielding) like slow motion
(my machine config is celeron766mhz,810 via
chipset mother board, with 8mb integrated video card,156mb ram, 0S WIN95. I have tried on win98,win2k still the same problem)

I have installed cricket2002 on one of my friends machine ie(Intel PentiumIII 600mhz cpu,128 mb ram,8 mb integrated display card) and works quite nice no problem at all

my question is
Has anyone installed cricket 2002 on intel celeron processor or cyrix processor and working fine if yes whats the speed of the celeron or cyrix processor?

I feel that cricket 2002 doesnt work well with Intel celeron cpu
if yes do i need to change my cpu to Pentium III or will it work with Intel celeron 1.1 mhz cpu

need some suggetions[/B]

1) will cyrix cpu 1ghz works with cricket 2002
2) will celeron cpu 1 ghz and above works with cricket 2002

my concern is i dont want to invest heavy amount for new p3 cpu now because
in india prices for cpu are as below
1) new p3 800 and above ----------- 120$ (5,500 rs)
2)new celeron 1.1 ghz ------------- 50$ (2400 rs)
3) new cyrix 1 ghz ----------------- 47$ (2300rs)
4) old 2nd hand p3 600mhz cpu ------ 83$ (4000 rs)

could anyone pls suggest which one to buy?due to my budget constrains

thanks in advance[/color]

I am pretty much sure that your processor is the reason for the game running too slow. I have tried the game on a friend's PC and he has 733MHZ P3 with 64MB RAM, all the other components are same as those of your PC.

I believe some other user also posted about having problems with Celeron with Cricket 2002 just a few days back...you can search this forum for that.

I am not sure that the game'll work on a cyrix cpu either but it MAY work on the New Cyrix 3 processors.

It should work but will be sluggish if you try it out with Celeron 1.1 GHZ. I have not tried this but it should work if you switch of all graphic enhancements and play at the lowest detail setting.

Where are you living in India? The prices of processors vary from city to city .... and obviously your motherboard must support the processor you buy, since you have an Intel 810 you will have to buy an Intel processor up to a certain speed only(I guess something like 1.2GHZ maximum, but you can check that out).

Ritwik

i also tried the patch from ea also some solution i came across with nvidia drivers and the latest one they are good

you got wrong combination celeron766+8mb video IMO
look c2k2 uses vertex shader(dx8)(its uses your cpu when there is no dx8 class card) and your celeron766+8mb video can't handle it.you need a full dx8 card or a pentium 4 class cpu for smooth gameplay.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WEATHER CYRIX III 1 GHZ IS BETTER THAN CELERON 1 GHZ ?

IS ANYONE USING CRICKET 2002 ON CELERON 1 GHZ OR CYRIX III 1 GHZ WHICH IS WORKING WELL WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS?

Users who are viewing this thread