help for graphics card

cnbd_novice said:
Just another suggestion needed, how would you rate Sapphire Radeon X1650 Pro CrossFire Edition (PCI-E x16, 256MB) as a usable graphics card?

Very good, much better than any Nvidia equivalent.

Nvidia = low image quality, and shimmering.

Hence, me and burma preferring Ati. :cool:

Thanks for the advice, and I hope it will be able to manage Brian Lara 2007 well enough???

cnbd_novice said:
Thanks for the advice, and I hope it will be able to manage Brian Lara 2007 well enough???

Yes, should do easily. However if you want extra eye candy, maybe a Ati Radeon X1650XT will be more to your liking. This card performs best with the details cranked up.

Kshitiz_Indian said:
I dont know why you feel Nvidia has shimmering images......

Its a proven fact that Nvidia cards (excluding the super duper 8800 series) have a much lower image quality than ati. The issue is that Nvidia's AF optimizations are a bit worse than ATi's. But Nvidia has improved the shimmering quite a bit since early drivers. Depending on the game though, the shimmering does get more pronounced.

The issue has always been present on the geforce 6xxx ^ 7xxx series. However the release of the 8800 series saw the issue fixed completly.

Without doubt the biggest issue many people had with NVIDIA's 7-series was the terrible texture filtering it offered by default. Texture Shimmering, a side effect of overzealous filtering optimizations on NVIDIA?s part, was always an huge issue for 7-series cards, and while it was reduced over time, it never really went away completely

Taken from
http://www.rage3d.com/reviews/video/nvidia8800/index.php?p=6

Again sorry Tom but what are Alcolops ? :D

Anyways if i had money to blow like Yashasvi_2006 i would go for a quad core ( prefferably Barcelona as i can wait ) with a R600 Crossfire rig.

i was wondering if a RADEON X300 is an alright graphics card for BLIC07?

Kshitiz_Indian said:
Again sorry Tom but what are Alcolops ? :D

Put it this way, Tom has a WKD side.

Anyways if i had money to blow like Yashasvi_2006 i would go for a quad core ( prefferably Barcelona as i can wait ) with a R600 Crossfire rig.

Cant argue with that. :thumbs

etho11 said:
i was wondering if a RADEON X300 is an alright graphics card for BLIC07?

Not really, i bought one for my girlfriends brother, it was terrible we ended up taking it back.

The_gas said:
Cant argue with that. :thumbs

Not really, i bought one for my girlfriends brother, it was terrible we ended up taking it back.

The graphics in the demo look alright though. To upgrade what should i do?

Lol yeah, the X300 is available in two flavours, the onbaord one and external. The onboard one is definitely better than Intel onboards but not enough for BLIC 07.

The external one is something like the Nvidia MX series - highly stripped down versions, which are capable of nothing except crying.

etho11 said:
The graphics in the demo look alright though. To upgrade what should i do?

It may run ok, im not sure. The image quality wasnt the problem, as its not an old card. Its just a low end card, built for nothing more than light gaming. Download fraps, run it in the background and play the blic 07 demo, if you are happy with the image quality, at your required settings, and your fps doesnt drop below 25-30, you have nothing to worry about. ;)

if i want to upgrade to the latest RADEON or Nvidia what do i do?

etho11 said:
if i want to upgrade to the latest RADEON or Nvidia what do i do?

Well, you need to find out wether you need a PCI or an AGP graphic card.

The two cards id advise on are a Radeon X1650XT, or a Geforce 7600GT.

The_gas said:
Well, you need to find out wether you need a PCI or an AGP graphic card.

The two cards id advise on are a Radeon X1650XT, or a Geforce 7600GT.

How do i find out if i need a PCI or an AGP and what do these terms mean?

Users who are viewing this thread