1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Completed 1000 runs in FC during 53(87)
Difficulty Hardest/Legend
20170130220850_1.jpg

Ruckus

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well, after getting lucky in my first season of grade cricket (I'm playing on all medium settings btw), finishing 3rd and going on to win the final, I was chosen as captain of my team in my second season after 5-6 games. 6 or so games later (with a record of 12-0) I was called up to represent my state (south aust). as a batting all rounder (leg spin) I took 2/50 off 17 over and Victoria were all out for 234 off 60.2 overs. At the end of the first day (100 over day.. is that meant to happen?) We are 4/148 off 40 overs, I'm 55* (101). Only scored one 50 in my grade games :)

I have a couple of questions I would love it if someone could tell me where a better place would be to post these to get an answer..

1. I'm on PC using an f710 logitech controller. Everything works right in dbc14 in regards to the buttons.. A button = press A, B button = press B etc.. but in dbc17 It's all over the place.. The buttons I need to press do not correspond with the buttons on my controller. For example, It says click A to continue, I have to press B.. Press X or B to initiate or cancel a run (when batting) I have to use Y and A.. Has it got something to do with inverting the controls? I think not because at times, the inverting of buttons would still be off on other things. Sometimes when it says to press X I need to press Y on my controller, other times it says to press X I need to press A my controller..

2. How do I get to see player stamina during a match? I know the default up UP on D-Pad, but it doesn't work, the D Pad does nothing when at the non strikers end and when facing, it gives me 2-3 options, 'transparent batsmen and a couple other pointless options'. The only time I was able to check my player's stamina was when I was captain and went into 'choose bowler options' or 'batting lineup' and in the case of batting lineup, doesn't give any info in regards to the 2 batsmen currently at the crease.

2a, also, is it just me or does it seem quite wrong that I get 2-3 stamina back when leaving a ball go through to the keeper or sitting at the non strikers end, but my stamina does not improve even 1% once I get out and sit in the stands/clubrooms etc for ten overs (without simulating).

Whilst it may stink a bit in club cricket needing to replenish stamina while batting (lose 6% for casually running a 2? come on...) I love how we need to grow in confidence to be able to hit better lofted shots, even if it's just T20.. It's obviously geared more towards further in your career, but if that's the case, why do we not build stamina as an actual stat at a greater rate? Will international T20's be just as horrid in the stamina regard?

Anyway guys, I appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction in regards to solving these issues. On the whole, loving the game but I really don't like having to 'hope' I hit the correct corresponding button when choosing to accept an offer or not because as I said, sometimes what counts as pressing A (B on my controller) doesn't necessarily mean other times the game says 'press A' will mean I need to hit the same button. sorry if this is confusing, but try playing with it! :P (When offered captaincy it said click one button to accept, another to decline, i clicked both and nothing happened. Of the other 2 buttons on the controller, I got lucky and correctly chose accept :) )

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
1. I'm on PC using an f710 logitech controller. Everything works right in dbc14 in regards to the buttons.. A button = press A, B button = press B etc.. but in dbc17 It's all over the place.. The buttons I need to press do not correspond with the buttons on my controller. For example, It says click A to continue, I have to press B.. Press X or B to initiate or cancel a run (when batting) I have to use Y and A.. Has it got something to do with inverting the controls? I think not because at times, the inverting of buttons would still be off on other things. Sometimes when it says to press X I need to press Y on my controller, other times it says to press X I need to press A my controller..
There should be a switch on the back of the controller - between D and X - you'll want it set to X if it isn't already.

How do I get to see player stamina during a match? I know the default up UP on D-Pad, but it doesn't work,
Press up on the d-pad, then look at the bar below rather than the pop up menu.

Ruckus

School Cricketer
Thankyou! I haven't tried it yet but my controller is indeed set to D, not X... and if you're interested... century on debut with the state team :D I just wish I could save mid game as I want to go to bed, lol...[DOUBLEPOST=1485873798][/DOUBLEPOST]Also with this not really being a career game post in regards to your (what i hope is a) great answer, should I post those sorts of questions elsewhere? I'm new to planetcricket but I know full well how much ppl (including myself) hate when a topic gets derailed.

I really appreciate the quick response mate! cheers.

edit: dang typos :)

2nd edit: anyone else like me using a rubber band to hold the cover in place over the batteries on a controller, check your X-D settings :D

Last edited:

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Thankyou! I haven't tried it yet but my controller is indeed set to D, not X... and if you're interested... century on debut with the state team :D I just wish I could save mid game as I want to go to bed, lol...[DOUBLEPOST=1485873798][/DOUBLEPOST]Also with this not really being a career game post in regards to your (what i hope is a) great answer, should I post those sorts of questions elsewhere? I'm new to planetcricket but I know full well how much ppl (including myself) hate when a topic gets derailed.

I really appreciate the quick response mate! cheers.

edit: dang typos :)

2nd edit: anyone else like me using a rubber band to hold the cover in place over the batteries on a controller, check your X-D settings :D
The game auto saves at the end of each over. You can see the save icon on the bottom right(?)

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Played few matches on easy with HUD for batting just for having fun..Lol that turned out to be great fun, slog fest.

20170201131600_1.jpg

20170201131950_1.jpg

20170201132218_1.jpg

20170201134540_1.jpg

Kind of feel that batsman play more shots and the variation in the area its placed is better on easy than the hardest...Had an inside edge go to boundary when AI was batting which hasnt happened much in hardest, seems like many things are just restricted to make it "feel" hard...Think they could tweak to get more variation like its in the easy level...

Attachments

• 20170201131655_1.jpg
    20170201131655_1.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
4th FC 100 and Highest score

20170202131635_1.jpg
20170202132627_1.jpg

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
see in cricket that should be 6.... 2 runs + 4 overthrows the game does not reflect this :(
No it was right, 2 runs ran and over throw ran the extra 2 which was fielded and did not go to boundary...So that registered as 4 maybe thats why it shows up as yellow line..

Users who are viewing this thread