How are you doing in your career?

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It has been great so far! 3-4 Seasons in and I am part of various T20 leagues across the globe, ironically when I simulate a match though I end up scoring higher than my previous best, whic then replaces my true best score making me feel a bit annoyed. But, bowling by far is the best for me!

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It has been great so far! 3-4 Seasons in and I am part of various T20 leagues across the globe, ironically when I simulate a match though I end up scoring higher than my previous best, whic then replaces my true best score making me feel a bit annoyed. But, bowling by far is the best for me!

Are stats when you simulate a match considered in the overall stats? In DBC 14 you could skip over a match without the stats changing as if you didn't play the match at all. Would prefer the same functionality in DBC 17 as well since we should be allowed to skip matches if we want to without stats being impacted since you didn't play.

Reactions: DAP

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
innings ended missed out on a triple ton
20170207235641_1.jpg

Fantazm

County Cricketer
Something weird happened to my restarted career and it put me back to game 3 of the season. Which was annoying. It's just groundhog day at the moment.

Any general consensus on what the best way to assign your skill points are? Presumably them getting more expensive the higher you go with each one is to put you off being too good at one thing too early.

SimonC4

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
What a start to my international career!

I played my first game, which was a T20. I'm an opener and my plan was to rotate the strike and try and bat deep without too many risks as we were chasing a moderate total of around 150. We kept losing wickets at regular intervals but were keeping in touch. It got to the 15th over and we were 8 down, needing about another 50 runs, so I thought it might be time to shoulder the responsibility and hit more aggressively to take the game home. The AI impressed me at this stage because they changed to a very defensive field with the maximum fielders they could have on the boundary. My aggressive approach worked wonders seeing me hit 3 consecutive shots directly at a fielder for no run before edging behind to the keeper. We lost convincingly and I finished on an unimpressive 21 from 25. I faced 25 of a possible 96 balls at that stage, so it was nice that my team mates were looking out for me on my debut by keeping me away from the strike.

Next game was much better. We batted first and my first delivery was a short straight ball. I went back to pull and got bowled with the ball hitting halfway up middle stump. I had an immediate flashback to the pitch report that might have mentioned something about uneven bounce.

I finished the 7 match series with an impressive average of 9 at a strike rate of 76. The selectors have faith though as I've been selected for another 7 match tour coming up.

I found the step up to international much harder than playing domestically. I've got a few domestic T20 games before the next international series so I'm interested to see how I go in both.

thewhiterose

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just made my first-class debut as a batting all-rounder, on what could only be described as a quicks deathbed. The ball barely ever even reached knee high, and being put in to bowl before cracks appeared wasn't the greatest news. However! In my second over I had Tom Alsop caught at short cover for my maiden first-class wicket, and then 2 overs later I got Michael Carberry to get a leading edge to a slower ball...which short cover dropped. He was on 41 at the time.

He ended on 318*.

Run scoring was difficult, and playing the length rather than the pitch got me clean bowled trying to pull a Sean Ervine half-tracker for a fairly tortuous 15(62). A middle order collapse afterwards ensured Hampshire enforced the follow-on, and despite a few nicely timed shots, Tino 'Mind the huge front pad in front of the stumps' Best got me LBW for 17. I can't remember how many balls I faced in the second innings, but a batting SR of 26 and a bowling SR of 102 wasn't the most entertaining start.

DemonicHuntsman

Club Captain
Are stats when you simulate a match considered in the overall stats? In DBC 14 you could skip over a match without the stats changing as if you didn't play the match at all. Would prefer the same functionality in DBC 17 as well since we should be allowed to skip matches if we want to without stats being impacted since you didn't play.

The stats do count when you simulate.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Yea they are counted, I would love to get back the old system too...

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Just finished my second season at club level. Selection Status is No Chance across the board, haha! I'm guessing this might take a while - I'll be older than my DBC 14 career player before even making it to county level at this rate!

D

Deleted member 46200

Just finished my second season at club level. Selection Status is No Chance across the board, haha! I'm guessing this might take a while - I'll be older than my DBC 14 career player before even making it to county level at this rate!

It took me four seasons but I am shite (my words)... Wont talk about the other highlights of my career as you'll need a bucket.

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
From season 4 i am only playing T20s rest FC and List A are getting simulated, did anyone else also face this? If yes then what did you do?

Fantazm

County Cricketer
I actually got a score. 56* from 32 and I hit the winning runs and got MotM. Get in.

Followed by 2 golden ducks, a 1 and a 4 in my next 4 games.

For some reason it's also reset my home ground for some reason. I was playing at one I made, now I'm not. No idea what's happened there.

Last edited:

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
It took me four seasons but I am shite (my words)... Wont talk about the other highlights of my career as you'll need a bucket.

I'm batting at six, so I don't get much of a chance really. I've been not out 18 out of 27 times so far, so if it was first class, or even 40-50 overs, I might be able to get some attention. As it is, the game says my form is terrible, but I don't know what else it really wants me to do. Will keep going anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread