ICC III - Bugs and Errors Thread

jacobfelix

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am in my 2018 season ( as Surrey ) and I wanted to see this player's last season's (2017) highest score & I got a shock.....Since he is a defensive player, I never play him in the 20-20 but look what it showed in the player's last season stats...Wonder how all those '20 Over' stats came up from....:p

2vta4xv.jpg

dlshaw

School Cricketer
hi guys, im a newb around here.

i've had a problem for a while now and couldnt find anywhere that seemed that could help me [untill here]

well.. this has probably come up before but i run ICC3 on my Vista powered laptop and i can't seem to get a network game working. when i click on "network game" it instantly starts downloading some sort of patch. it then starts to run the downloaded patch but says error error error.

so really.. does anyone know how to sort this please? any help would be very much appreciated

scritty

School Cricketer
Once my player was out on the last ball of the last innings of an ODI and the game froze.

Ever since the very first ICC game this has happened. If you are out or declare, and the 10 minute break between innings coincides with the end of the match..the game crashes.

Don't fret..I've been reporting this bug for 10 years. I guess we just have to live with it.

PC

Isura

Club Cricketer
Have you noticed (in ICC 2006) that as England captain you miss county games even if there is enough time before a test. For example, there is a test may 11 and a FC game may 3, and you miss the may 3 game because of the england job.

scritty

School Cricketer
I know I'm a bore when it comes to this..but check out OOTP Baseball 8 (or 2007) free trial. Not for the game ( i realise I may be the only dual cricket baseball fan in the flipping universe) but for the way it is done.

A similar sport (well there are more similarities than with most other sports at least) but see how much depth there is to the game. How solid the engine is. How you can take control of as much or as little as you like - it can be as simple as ICC or more complex than FM2008..but importantly YOU decide.

What's more, it's written for the most part by one person (in 2006 he and his (by then) small team joined up with SI, and got to use the very robust SI database - but before then Marcus was pretty much a sole developer - but used a lot of fan support for data-sets).

It began a couple of years AFTER ICC series began, look how much it has improved and grown..look at the stats on Metacritic and Universal Rating (amalgamations of all/most game reviews in press and on the internet)
That's right..it is in the top 5 games on the PC EVER!! - up there with Half Life 2 and Civ et al. These are stats based on many reviews (well over 15 across both the sites), high 90's is an average of these reviews.

This is what I want for cricket. Cricket is played by 4x more people than baseball world wide, the market is there. It's hugely underdeveloped, fed stodgy (albeit mostly well meaning) software.

Look what happens in "real" cricket when someone invests ! The ICL is proof if it was needed of the massive interest in the game. Pietersen is being offered more per playing hour for his services than Wayne Rooney !! The market deserves and needs well supported, mature cricket games.

With EA doing the decidedly average arcade side and the ICC series representing the stat side, we seem a good 8 years behind the times.

It can be achieved, with some effort, and not the biggest investment. FM and OOTP prove it can (both started by very very small dev teams) Yes they are both bigger name games now, but they started very small, continuously improved (perhaps they beleived in Six Sigma - and Lean enterprise lol) and they grew bigger.
BECAUSE they were good ! BECAUSE they improved and gave the fans more of what they wanted with each iteration.
They GREW big, and reinvested in getting better product out next time, they both involved the fans (this is a very noticable aspect of both these sports sims)
The only reason they are as big as they are now is because they delivered... (EA did it the other way, had massive support and rush out sub standard, unsupported , buggy, dated software)

Yeah EA are far worse culprits than the small developers, but I would love for one of these (obviously talented) cricket dev teams, Chris C, or the Rockingham boys to really take a punt on becoming the best.

If I won the lotto, i'd back one of these projects for a year or two on a profit sharing basis..pay Glenn or Chris and the small teams to really go for it, support with marketing and involve the fans. Get sponsors and interest going, get the features we need implemented as much as possible...and turn a profit.

They'd probably tell me to f-off, but I would love to have a go.

Why can't cricket have this ?

(Sorry rambling as per)

Regards

PC

Last edited:

Niv

Club Cricketer
When I go to the 'Team Selection' screen and click a certain spot under the little arrow, the game crashes and all progress is lost. I make sure to click it more carefully now.

Isura

Club Cricketer
I have been considering this for sometime. I don't think you need guys like Glenn or Chriss tbh. Just outsource to some bright 18 year old college students in India or something :) I may give it a go within this year.

"
If I won the lotto, i'd back one of these projects for a year or two on a profit sharing basis..pay Glenn or Chris and the small teams to really go for it, support with marketing and involve the fans. Get sponsors and interest going, get the features we need implemented as much as possible...and turn a profit.

They'd probably tell me to f-off, but I would love to have a go.
"

Users who are viewing this thread