Story ICC PlanetCricket Team [ICC2005]

tassietiger

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've decided to do day-by-day updates, but just to update you on what happened in the first session, I'll tell you now that Balaji got the last wicket, and here is the bowling card for the innings.

Attachments

• scorecard2.jpg
    scorecard2.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 41

tassietiger

International Cricketer
Match hanging in the balance

The PlanetCricket Giraffes are now looking forward to the most important Day 4 of a county championship match in the club's history. Coincidentally it is also the first.

The match is hanging in the balance, as the title suggests, as Durham are faced with 310 runs to win with 9 wickets in hand, as Steve Moore managed to pick up a quick wicket (Nicky Peng for a golden duck). They are 1/4 overnight.

The Giraffes' second innings was a partly aggressive and partly defensive innings, with the team really not sure whether to build a solid lead or force a result. Langerrox was particularly good (65) despite not having ever opened as a boy, and Jack Dennison made another 50, pushing ahead to finish with a nice 83. Bilal Tahir was also useful with a 41.

Shot of the Day was Jack Dennison's to complete another half century to back up his first innings one, unfortunately this time not reaching triple figures, not that it should really bother him a great deal.
Ball of the Day was Ramesh Balaji's caught and bowled which quickly ended Durham's innings, a much needed wicket as the tail needed not to wag but to be SMASHED DEAD.

Attachments

• day3.jpg
    day3.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 36
  • scorecard3.jpg
    scorecard3.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 34

Bilal91

International Coach
Yeah but you made the second highest... higher than me anyway.

tassietiger

International Cricketer
Good win first up for the Giraffes

The Giraffes have capped off some good cricket with a strong win first up, the hero in the final innings being Ramesh Balaji, who is developing quite a knack for heroism. Man of the Match was Jack Dennison for his great contributions with the bat.

Bilal Tahir proved also to be a vital bowler after a good knock with the bat, picking up 2 wickets in an extremely economical spell. The wicket of Coetzer was particularly helpful to the team.

The team for the PlanetCricket Giraffes' second match (National League vs. Durham) will be announced tomorrow probably.

Durham 5

Attachments

• bowlingcard.jpg
    bowlingcard.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 33
  • durhaminnings.jpg
    durhaminnings.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 32

tassietiger

International Cricketer
Also there is a strict rotation policy in place for the Giraffes which will see that no player misses two games in a row. Players performing well will play each week, but unless there are a lot more people at some stage, nobody will play two in a row.

tassietiger

International Cricketer
Team for National League match vs. Durham

So I was bored and wanted to do the team now. Is that such a crime?

Woolf and Ahmed will be rested this week, bringing in uncapped players in Anand and Woosaah. This will also give Langerrox the opportunity to bat lower in the order, where he is more suited. Hopefully he will score some runs, because that might stave off the death threats I have received in this thread from him.

Attachments

• team.jpg
    team.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 28

Jacko99

School Cricketer
Not wanting to boast or be big headed but did i win man of the match???
for my wonderful batting effort.

Edit: I'll leave the original for your amuzement I just didn't read the report properly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread