India in England Jun-Sept 2014

Lebanna

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is it any surprise that Dhoni didn't last long today?!

Agh .. so many starts thrown away :(

BTW, did the English crowd boo the Indian team (or Dhoni) yet ? or maybe they are saving that as a welcome for Jadeja

They booed Jadeja as he walked out to bat (the crowd that is), and I suspect the same will happen everytime he bowls/fields as well

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
LOL sir gets out to a spinner .. that's just sad !
Now comes our real batting line up

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The English crowd ? or the Indian fans ?

I dunno; I just heard boos from someone when we went on to bowl after Jadeja got out.

I imagine its from the Indians; as they weren't quite as loud as those for Jadeja but its hard to tell since a significant proportion of the Lords crowd wouldn't boo anyone

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
I thought my PC sound system had a damage when Jadeja walked out ;) But later realised it was perfectly alright.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
India has to hang in there today and somehow manage at least 220-230. Its a wicket that Shami and Bhuvaneshwar will trouble the English batsmen. We need enough runs on the board to keep them in the hunt. Has Kohli shot himself on the foot with his "I don`t have to prove anything to anyone" quote before the series.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
i don't think we'll collapse. probably just stumble to 220-250, which looks a decent total right now. but, the pitch will flatten out and then bowling first will look like a great decision.

it's a strange one, england almost don't want to roll india for 160 to give the pitch time to flatten out a bit.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I am not sure if I would mind us getting rolled over here. Our bowlers should also enjoy this track, and could cause similar damage. Especially Bhuvi and Shami, who can be a handful here. Even Binny would be useful on this track. This is the track we expected in Trent Bridge when we selected our XI. Good that we have retained the XI.

But I do get the feeling that the pitch will flatten up soon, and will become a very good one for batting. So its tricky to want us to bat as long as possible vs getting rolled out now and getting a crack at England on a pitch "with life still on it".

Users who are viewing this thread